On this day 1985-Big Match

35 minutes ago, MattM said:

Match score was wrong causing the match to change course.  Schute's coach should have complained and got the following sequence whistled as "bad time".  Schute was denied his true place of glory, due to this error.  Swain can't hold his mud.    

Did they have the same bad time rules back in 1985, ?  I agree with the valid point, definitely not the best officiated match.  I bet that official got a low score rating from the coaches and didn't ref in the WIAA state series.   Swain definitely benefited from the scoring error.

37 minutes ago, MD92 said:

That was just meaningless dual meet.  I'm confident Schute ripped his head off on his run to another state title.

I bet Swain couldn't maintain the weight for the state series.   Also Swain's high school Thompson High was smaller, and as a result was in a lower class than Shute's school.  The WIAA has 5 classes you know.  Stupid class wrestling robbed Shute of his redemption, revenge and destiny and the fans chance of seeing the ultimate rematch.

13 minutes ago, cscottjohnson08 said:

If I could ever rewind and do things differently, I think I would do the Swain prep before the match. Insanely overdoing lat-pulldowns, followed by rigorous jump roping. 

I wish I would have done more of the Brian Shute off-season training.  I think  I would have been tougher.   Also,  in hindsight,  I wish I did my hair that way also, that would of intimidated more guys.

shute2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

I wish I would have done more of the Brian Shute off-season training.  I think  I would have been tougher.   Also,  in hindsight,  I wish I did my hair that way also, that would of intimidated more guys.

shute2.jpg

To add to the intimidation, frosted tips would've done the trick. You wouldn't lose a match anymore. 

Pistol Pete wears Cowboy Boots, Cowboy Hat, OSU bandit to whip off all the blood, not to mention foot long mustache tentacles for extra cushion when Pistol face hits the mat . 

Pistol Pete says “If you look good you wrestle good”  

Pistol Pete 

7783945A-88C9-4BB6-A71B-7AFBDF12F675.jpeg

Edited by 3xStateChamp

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.