State predictions?

anymoues

Cathedral has the potential for a ton of points.  They may win it.  I say Brownsburg gets 2 titles (152 and 182).  I like Rooks at 126 and 138 is wide open.  I think any one of 5 kids can win at 138, maybe more.  the possible Melloh/Mulkey semi final will have some impact on the team race.

My predictions

1. More people will be disappointed in their shaved ice than ever before
2. There will be a group of fans from Northwest Indiana that will refuse to do the wave
3. Complaints over security preventing seat saving will rise 50%
4. Refs will be booed three times 
5. The semi-finals will have four overtime matches

5 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

My predictions

2. There will be a group of fans from Northwest Indiana that will refuse to do the wave

Truth

I think the team title comes from one of these teams. This is just one guy's opinion and teams are listed alphabetically. 

• Brownsburg (7 qualifiers) - All seven of their qualifiers should score points. If everything goes their way, I can see champs at 106, 126, 138, 152 and 182 and they run away with the team title. 
  • Cathedral (10 qualifiers) - Cathedral has the numbers and quality. They are the pre-tournament favorite for the team title. They'll enter contenders at 106, 120, 132, 138, 145 and 285. I look for 7-8 of their guys to get to Saturday. Interestingly, I don't know if they'll walk away with any individual champions or walk away with multiples. Their depth and quality likely wins out, barring some team winning 4-5 weights or some unexpected results Friday night. 
  • Chesterton (6 qualifiers) - Another team that has the potential for four champs: 160, 182, 195, 285. They'll need bonus points from those four, plus some surprise points from their other two qualifiers (which requires topping a SS champ and a once-beaten wrestler Friday night) AND some Friday night upsets in the lower weights. This is my long-shot team title contender. They have a ton of quality, but less quantity. 
  • Columbus East (8 qualifiers) - Columbus East has the potential for four champs: 126, 132, 138, 160. If you win four individual titles, you're in the hunt. Chances are they won't win all four of those weights, so their team title hopes rest on the four additional qualifiers (who have tough draws). 
  • Portage (9 qualifiers) - Several point scorers in this group. If everything goes their way, they could put five in the finals. They have some tricky draws, but this is a top five team with the potential for more. 

I feel Like The Race for 1st will be between Brownsburg ,Columbus East, Portage and Cathedral. Some might say why Columbus East, if they come to Bankers Life Looking to Burn the place to the ground like at the Ford Center for the Evill Semi-State who knows what could happen Brownsburg was only 6 team points ahead of Columbus East at the end. Columbus East had3 Semi-State Champs , 1 runner up, 3 3rd's and a 4th. Brownsburg had 5 Semi State Champs, 2 Runners up and a 3rd. 

22 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

My predictions

I'll take the over on #4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.