Frosh-Soph Qualifiers

There is a two pound weight allowance from Saturday to Sunday.  After the weight class is done on Saturday they wrestlers can weigh in for Sunday.  You can 'make weight' for Sunday on Saturday evening and not have to make weigh Sunday.  If you are over on Saturday you can come back Sunday morning and weigh.  Hope that makes sense.

8 minutes ago, Taylor83 said:

There is a two pound weight allowance from Saturday to Sunday.  After the weight class is done on Saturday they wrestlers can weigh in for Sunday.  You can 'make weight' for Sunday on Saturday evening and not have to make weigh Sunday.  If you are over on Saturday you can come back Sunday morning and weigh.  Hope that makes sense.

Is there a weight allowance for the initial weigh in before the tournament? Yes, that helped a lot thank you.

10 minutes ago, bigballerb said:

Is there a weight allowance for the initial weigh in before the tournament? Yes, that helped a lot thank you.

The wrestlers get a total of 4 lbs.  But must weigh in with a singlet and shoes on!

8 minutes ago, NarrowGate said:

When will they import the qualifiers from last weekend?  After Indy nationals?

@redcobra typically imports the qualifiers during this week, but with State and Indy Nationals coming up, it may take a little longer.

Never will get weighing in with shoes on deal??? Not like the have to wrestle right away. Doesn’t speed things up. Just really silly. 

I guess it is kind of cool to see big guys jamming feet into their little brothers shoes with. I laces in them. 

Edited by Mattyb

All Semi-State Qualifier Criteria Seeding adjustments have been made ... State Qualifiers to a 1 and SSQ Quarter Finalists to a 2.     Also, the last chance qualifier at Indy Nationals this Sunday at UINDY welcomes ALL Freshman and Sophomores ... including SSQ's from last weekend.    

So, I know some kids who already qualified wrestled at Indy Nationals this past weekend.  Assuming some might have wrestled up a weight class and if they did well are entered as qualified wrestlers twice.  Do they just need to state the weight class they intend to wrestle (assuming they will take their best seed) at time of registration and payment?  Then they will be removed from the other weight class??

18 hours ago, redcobra said:

IHSAA State Placer-Winners have been removed (congrats to them) and Indy Nationals Qualifiers have been added ... now at 668 ... see the group at this link:

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=275411009

If someone is listed in this tournament http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=275411009) ,  the are eligable to wrestle in this tournament correct?

And show up Saturday morning, pay your fee and weigh-in and wrestle, correct?

18 hours ago, unknown wrestler said:

It' my understanding  wrestlers will get 4 pounds growth plus 2 pounds. Weigh i  with singlet and shoes.

From looking at the event flyer, they get 4 pounds Saturday morning (shoes and singlet) and an additional 2 pounds on weigh outs Saturday night, with optional weigh-ins Sunday morning (Top 12 in each weight class move onto Sunday).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.