Worst draw

Jayruss

2 hours ago, aoberlin said:

I would say 160 gets the number 1 and 152 gets the 2.  Or at that time since they met the first criteria they could look for past years performance and if there is nothing there than possibly win percentage.

Tennessee has a similar seeding system like you mentioned.    The heavier weight from prior year gets the higher seed.  So you're only basing the seeding if only the wrestler wins semi-state?

58 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Tennessee has a similar seeding system like you mentioned.    The heavier weight from prior year gets the higher seed.  So you're only basing the seeding if only the wrestler wins semi-state?

Pretty much since if you had the 2 best kids in the same semi state they would be on opposite brackets anyways and meet in the finals.  I believe the way they do it is 1 and 4 are on the same side of the bracket at State and would meet in the semi-finals.  And 2 and 3 are on the other side of the bracket.  So they would be automatically separated.  But that does mean you could almost figure out the brackets ahead of time by knowing who seed 1 and 2 you would be able to shuffle 6 other wrestlers around to where they would be.

Also we all know these are just discussions and they will not be happening.  But passes the time talking about how we could improve the system.  Which I love our State and our tourney.  I just want things like this in place.

2 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

LJ Burdon beating Dickens was a big surprise to me.. but he wrestled awesome Saturday and showed that being a freshman/ sophmore state champion to beating these caliber wrestlers has been fun to watch.. his dad is good ppl 

I don't mean this to take away from Burdon or even Kreitzer, but I don't think Dickens looked like himself this past weekend.  Even in his first match, he seemed a little off.  I have no clue why and am not close to the MD program to even fathom a guess.  But he seemed a step slow and less sharp than I have seen him wrestle before.  The question is, can he correct it for this weekend and give Bryant a true challenge?  If not, I think Bryant wins easily.  If he's a full strength and ready to go Friday night, that could be one helluva match.  I'm rooting for the latter!

Most of MD's team looked bad.  First round they went 11-1, then 6-5 in the ticket round, 3-3 in the semi's and 1-5 in the 3rd place/championship matches.  Granted, both Egli's had rough ticket round matches with Rioux and Garcia, Parkinson had Blubaugh, Weidner and Helfrich had close matches from what I remember but couldn't get it done.  Ross looked great until the finals, but Montgomery had a lot to do with that.  Boarman was wrecking people and was up on Casebolt when the knee injury happened.  Lee was looking good.  Mulkey got the lead on him and the played defense.  Dickens gave up a 5 pt move against Kreitzer and couldn't come back.  Not sure what happened in his 3rd place match, but he looked bad.  Fitts lost a close one against conley in the semis, but didn't really feel like he was going to win that one.  As a team, they struggled on the mat, which was a surprise.  Consequently, they did themselves no favors with their draws this weekend.

Draws are a part of it. Kids get good draws and kids get bad draws. I’ve seen kids lose with good draws and I’ve seen kids win with bad draws.

Thats is.... just wrestle and have fun. If your kid is good, colleges know it. This is a great tournament, but not the end all be all. If a kid comes up short... just go win Flo Nationals next month! 

Gonna be 14 champs that could careless about the draw Saturday night. Like mentioned above paraphrasing of course. Those worried about that draw most likely won't be one of those champs. Wise man once said "if you ain't first you're last". 

We all know every year there are kids with different draws that would have been on podium. Part of it as of now. 

Good luck to all those competing and safe travels to all. 

Let's not forget the first competition of the evening THE GREAT SEAT RACE OF 2018. Don't forget your blankets. 

6 minutes ago, takemtothemat said:

Gonna be 14 champs that could careless about the draw Saturday night. Like mentioned above paraphrasing of course. Those worried about that draw most likely won't be one of those champs. Wise man once said "if you ain't first you're last". 

We all know every year there are kids with different draws that would have been on podium. Part of it as of now. 

Good luck to all those competing and safe travels to all. 

Let's not forget the first competition of the evening THE GREAT SEAT RACE OF 2018. Don't forget your blankets. 

Some other wise man said about the Indiana state tournament:   If you ain't first in the seat, you're in the upper deck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.