Now Brownsburg is storming back... Hey Southside... Grab us some fries at the concessions stand... 

17 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Columbus has a team full of cool kids. They deserve this success. Just a special group of young men. 

They sure are bringing it... Very impressive 

Brownsburg wins by what could really be a one match difference.   Great showing by both teams.  

If Boarmen's knee is hurt that bad, Joey Gordon from Col. East would be the alternate. 

What a day by EAST!

They end with a 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, and a 4th.

16 minutes ago, WOC said:

Props to Coach Cooper for building a fantastic program and having his guys ready to be tough today!!!!

I would add Coach Trapp as well. He has been with those Kids since they were Peewee’s. 

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

If Boarmen's knee is hurt that bad, Joey Gordon from Col. East would be the alternate. 

What a day by EAST!

Any word on this?

2 hours ago, navy80 said:

What a day by EAST!

I think Jeremy Clark would be the alternate...... Joey is 120

Whats Columbus East doing right, and what should other schools be doing to copy them?  Always a good program, but theyve elevated their game.  Congrats on good season and im wondering if theyll throw a wrench into some nationally ranked teams chance at a state championship next weekend.

8 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Whats Columbus East doing right, and what should other schools be doing to copy them?  Always a good program, but theyve elevated their game.  Congrats on good season and im wondering if theyll throw a wrench into some nationally ranked teams chance at a state championship next weekend.

I don’t know everything that they do.. but... my son wrestled with them this summer. I’ve been around wrestling for a long time. Not many teams have as much fun as these guys do. I think that is a very overlooked aspect of our sport. There is so much pressure on athletes to succeed.. sometimes they forget to have fun. Coach cooper seems to be like a big brother. Seems to be a ton of respect and love for that guy.

These kids wrestled everywhere this summer. I’m guessing that they got 100 matches! As I stated above, just a special group of young men. I’m a huge fan! 

On a personal note, I want to thank them for allowing my son to be a part of their group. They treat him as one if their own. Super proud of all of them. 

Columbus East was amazing to watch yesterday. I want to give a shout out to a name I haven't seen mentioned yet - Nick South.

I was expecting what I saw from the Rook's brothers, Combest, Schoenegge, but South was a name I was not familiar with & the kid was impressive all day.