Columbus East

SouthSideJimmy

1 minute ago, SIACfan said:

Columbus East was amazing to watch yesterday. I want to give a shout out to a name I haven't seen mentioned yet - Nick South.

I was expecting what I saw from the Rook's brothers, Combest, Schoenegge, but South was a name I was not familiar with & the kid was impressive all day.

South had to stay on JV last year due to transferring from another school district.  He’s a hard nose kid that has made the most of this varsity season and had made East an even tougher team.  He is set on standing on the top of the podium next week like some of his teammates.  He had the skills necesssry to place very high, so look for the name next week too.  

5 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

Columbus East was amazing to watch yesterday. I want to give a shout out to a name I haven't seen mentioned yet - Nick South.

I was expecting what I saw from the Rook's brothers, Combest, Schoenegge, but South was a name I was not familiar with & the kid was impressive all day.

South has been around the ranks for years. Less than four years ago was a school boy 98 and now he is a grown a$$ man. Kid’s impressive.  I think the wrestling room at Col East has turned him from a possible state qualifier to a state title contender. 

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

I don’t know everything that they do.. but... my son wrestled with them this summer. I’ve been around wrestling for a long time. Not many teams have as much fun as these guys do. I think that is a very overlooked aspect of our sport. There is so much pressure on athletes to succeed.. sometimes they forget to have fun. Coach cooper seems to be like a big brother. Seems to be a ton of respect and love for that guy.

These kids wrestled everywhere this summer. I’m guessing that they got 100 matches! As I stated above, just a special group of young men. I’m a huge fan! 

On a personal note, I want to thank them for allowing my son to be a part of their group. They treat him as one if their own. Super proud of all of them. 

Mattyb , the feeling of friendship and respect is mutual with the Avon club .. we appreciate having Carson on our team in the offseason .. he is a great kid and talented wrestler ..

This Team is very close and pushes each other every day in practice, supports each other on / off the mat .. 

Huge shoutout to Andy Davidson , #4 regional placer finishing up 3rd at semistate...  He is a great example of the culture that Cooper sets forth in his room ..

As far as Nick South , you won’t  find a kid that works any harder or is any better of a kid .. Nick will be doing big things  this season and next year . He will be wrestling  in college somewhere .. 

Edited by eastdad18

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.