Columbus East

SouthSideJimmy

Whats Columbus East doing right, and what should other schools be doing to copy them?  Always a good program, but theyve elevated their game.  Congrats on good season and im wondering if theyll throw a wrench into some nationally ranked teams chance at a state championship next weekend.

8 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Whats Columbus East doing right, and what should other schools be doing to copy them?  Always a good program, but theyve elevated their game.  Congrats on good season and im wondering if theyll throw a wrench into some nationally ranked teams chance at a state championship next weekend.

I don’t know everything that they do.. but... my son wrestled with them this summer. I’ve been around wrestling for a long time. Not many teams have as much fun as these guys do. I think that is a very overlooked aspect of our sport. There is so much pressure on athletes to succeed.. sometimes they forget to have fun. Coach cooper seems to be like a big brother. Seems to be a ton of respect and love for that guy.

These kids wrestled everywhere this summer. I’m guessing that they got 100 matches! As I stated above, just a special group of young men. I’m a huge fan! 

On a personal note, I want to thank them for allowing my son to be a part of their group. They treat him as one if their own. Super proud of all of them. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.