Class Representation at Semi-State (Fort Wayne, thru 145)

If this has already been posted somewhere, you can remove this or add this to the appropriate topic. I will get through all 14 weights for Fort Wayne but I wanted to post my progress so far. I don't know if there is much here to discuss but I am just going to post the numbers and let others interpret. 

One thing I was wondering - Does each semi-state have an equal distribution of 1A-3A? Or does one semi-state have considerably more small schools/big schools filtering into it? 

Here are the numbers:

Total qualifiers for each class (thru 145, total of 112 qualifiers)

3A: 37

2A: 45

1A: 30

3A - 4

2A - 10

1A - 2

3A - 6

2A - 8 

1A - 2

3A - 5

2A - 6

1A - 5

3A - 5

2A - 6 

1A - 5

3A - 6

2A - 5

1A - 5

3A - 5

2A - 5

1A - 6

3A - 6

2A - 5

1A - 5

Nice post! I don't get into the politics of classing wrestling but this neat..It would be cool to see the other 3 as well.. and see what SS might also be 2A majority and so on.. there's no perfect solution to class wrestling but I wouldn't mind if they did class it have a After season exhibition round robin with all the state champs from the respective classes...the only thing I didn't like when I watched other states, state finals they had multiple matches going on and imho that is anti climactic in comparison to the spectacle we have..And if we did class it I hope it's only 2 or 3 classes.. Its a testament to how far Indiana has come when you got kids like Cressell that has national success and is still seeking his ticket  (He's getting in this year) to our state tourney...Or see Trizton carson demolish a State champ from VA and he being in that meat grinder of a regional @Mooresville didn't make it out of regionals his sophomore year because he gets sectional runner up at sectionals and draws returning state Runner up Vanhorn because he got knocked off the week prior making him the 3 seed

Indiana wrestling makes me proud and I appreciate everyone single 1 of you guys  here that share the love I have for the GREATEST SPORT there is..It takes a village to raise a child so therefore it's easier to raise strong children than it is to repair a broken man...regardless if we stay 1 class or become classed my love won't change for wrestling and I'm sure just like any  wrestler will tell you, what makes a wrestler special is his ability to adapt to change and not let it shake you..and if we do change t8o class we all will adapt I'm sure.. and if we do stay at 1 class We will keep grinding like always and get better.

Well I must be computer illiterate today because I can't seem to update the original thread title or content. Here are the updated numbers after counting all weights. 

Total qualifiers for each class (224 total qualifiers)

3A: 70

2A: 100

1A: 54

3A - 5

2A - 8

1A - 3

3A - 4

2A - 9 

1A - 3

3A - 6 

2A - 5

1A - 5

3A - 5

2A - 7

1A - 4

3A - 4

2A - 11

1A - 1

3A - 5

2A - 6

1A - 5

3A - 4

2A - 9

1A - 3

7 hours ago, fearless fly said:

nice work but if this is for individual class wrestling then shouldn't it be for a 2 class system ?

I don't know what the discussions have been around class wrestling at the individual level. We don't have data that breaks anything into two classes. I would have to guess who would be big school for versus small school and I don't think it would be as simple as splitting things down the middle. 

21 hours ago, bwoodjc89 said:

School size doesn't matter in an individual tournament though. Just have to work hard and you are fine.

That's bull..in a.big school you have say 5 guys competing and pushing.you at your weight..at a small school your lucky to have 1..havent you ever heard the phrase.."iron sharpens iron"  also...if your in a.small town away from a larger metro area there are no academies..clubs..ect...unless you have a parent who has time to drive you 80 miles one way to get more kids to drill at your weight...

1 hour ago, jason said:

That's bull..in a.big school you have say 5 guys competing and pushing.you at your weight..at a small school your lucky to have 1..havent you ever heard the phrase.."iron sharpens iron"  also...if your in a.small town away from a larger metro area there are no academies..clubs..ect...unless you have a parent who has time to drive you 80 miles one way to get more kids to drill at your weight...

I was joking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.