Who Should Keep The Bus Running?

IndianaMudflap

Alright Ladies and Gentleman,

It's time for the Mudflap's favorite post of the year.  Back in the old Merrillville Semi-State days we used to experience lots of overcrowding issues.  We had dirty Region mill workers sitting right on top of toothless Logansport Regional farmers in their overalls.  It was chaos.  Our old friend HOWDOG offered up the most genius solution to the overcrowding issue.  If the Logansport Regional teams would leave the bus running so they could quickly vacate the premises after their rude welcoming to Region wrestling, we could clear the place out and have more spacious accommodations for the Region Rat crowd to enjoy the rest of the day.  Thus, "Who Should Keep the Bus Running?" was born.  While the accommodations at East Chicago Central are more spacious, the question is still valid.  Who should keep the bus running?  What is the best record that is going home without a ticket?  Will Hall of Famer Tommy Miller punch a ticket and look to improve upon his 2-13 coaching record on Friday night in 32 seasons or will he be a spectator from the Good 'Ole Boys table at Bankers Life?  So many unanswered questions.

I will set the OVER/UNDER for Logansport Regional State Qualifiers at 5.5 and take the UNDER.  3 Raiders, 1 Frontiers-men, and 1 BC Bison punch tickets.  Tacos appear to be on the menu for OnTheRise219.

1 hour ago, ontherise219 said:

You saw the logansport regional first hand. Who are some sleepers? I have tacos on the line for Harrison only. 

Three Harrison Raiders punch tickets. 

132 Betourne 

160 Conklin 

285 Crider

1 hour ago, Bambam23 said:

132 Betourne 

160 Conklin 

285 Crider

Keep laughing Brickfor6. The Raiders have Some of the Region Rats on their radar.  We will see who makes it through.  Then you can change your laughing emoji to a crying one!  Haha! B)

I like Lopez at 170.  I think he matches up well against Traficanti.   Based on performance at Logansport,  coach Wallace also has the Mavs peaking at the right time. 

Also  like Douglass over Cervantes,  almost hate mentioning him because he's just flying under the radar and doing great.   But if you look at his resume,  he's legit. Also, I think he's like his chances in EC a little more than New Castle.  He's not going to come in as that kid that gets intimidated by the region, like so many Logansport kids in the past.  He beat the #8 kid at state last year and didn't get a look at rankings.  

Ruble and Walker is an interesting match, I see a tossup.  Yea, Walker is solid, but see comment on Mavs peaking.

Also,  I predict 3rd year in a row Logansport wrestler loses on brutal call at end of match in ticket round.

Even though Adkins beat Conklin last week,  I think Conklin got might of good as good or better draw.     But got to give shout out to Adkins.  He came out on a mission, maybe Conklin sick,  but I hope its the same cereral he had last Saturday.

Also, I see Patrick and Tolin as a toss up.  Patrick got his stuff together the second half of the season.   Hes a big experienced 113 pounder.  Mudflap,   Tommy might have a couple chances to add or  improve to this Friday night record.  Coach Miller is still an Icon and he's had some great wrestlers over the years. 

And the 'Fat Lady" hasn't sung or eaten 4 tacos yet.  I got my path to victory mapped out to Taco Town.   

Footnote:  These are just the scholars personal opinions and he has in the past hasn't always been successful at picking wrestlers and might have overrated a wrestler even though using calculated non-emotional methods to pick wrestlers.:o

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

45 minutes ago, Bambam23 said:

132 Betourne 

160 Conklin 

285 Crider

Keep laughing Brickfor6. The Raiders have Some of the Region Rats on their radar.  We will see who makes it through.  Then you can change your laughing emoji to a crying one!  Haha! B)

I still waiting for Brickfor6 to concede that he was wrong when he said Harrison wouldn't win a match at team state.   And that Harrison as a dual team, was the better team than Hobart for Team state as proven by Indianamat dual rankings and genius ratings.

1 hour ago, Bambam23 said:

132 Betourne 

160 Conklin 

285 Crider

Bambam,

Why are you posting during practice?  

1 hour ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

I still waiting for Brickfor6 to concede that he was wrong when he said Harrison wouldn't win a match at team state.   And that Harrison as a dual team, was the better team than Hobart for Team state as proven by Indianamat dual rankings and genius ratings.

Secondary shaved ice bet between @Wrestling Scholar And @brickfor6 who will qualify more Harrison or the raiders? We need this dual in the future under the lights 

11 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

Secondary shaved ice bet between @Wrestling Scholar And @brickfor6 who will qualify more Harrison or the raiders? We need this dual in the future under the lights 

I just researched that.  An in my humble opinion, the scholars calculations has the odds on this one being close, maybe slight edge to Hobart.  And the 120 possible head to head would be big.   But its Brickfor6,  and he's a good sport, and I cant back down from Brickor6 with all the trash talk back and forth.  And we never got our dream much up this year either.   Shaved Ice:P it is.   It might get expensive down at the Bank.   And I predict Hobart is going to be again on the bubble for team state.   Hope the Brickies make it next year.  

54 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

I just researched that.  An in my humble opinion, the scholars calculations has the odds on this one being close, maybe slight edge to Hobart.  And the 120 possible head to head would be big.   But its Brickfor6,  and he's a good sport, and I cant back down from Brickor6 with all the trash talk back and forth.  And we never got our dream much up this year either.   Shaved Ice:P it is.   It might get expensive down at the Bank.   And I predict Hobart is going to be again on the bubble for team state.   Hope the Brickies make it next year.  

Well unfortunately too many seniors to be on the bubble I think. @ontherise219 I’m gonna buy you shaved ice no matter what for publicizing our sport fantastically this year...Great Job man! Now scholar our rival continues at 120, but it’s all in good fun for us bud.

3 hours ago, Bambam23 said:

132 Betourne 

160 Conklin 

285 Crider

DA Region will prevail...I just love grinding the gears of Harrison fans it’s fun for me. I was laughing because our only match up for bricks vs raiders you didn’t say he was getting through...I find that amusing...again all in good fun, HWL fans.

2 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Yeah who didn’t go to team state scholar? Chesterton and Indy cathedral, Crown Point?  I forgot to add that our SOS is ranked higher and you had team state on your schedule...And no disrespect, but you beat CG that was giving up 2 FF. and CG is 31 on genius rating, also on the Final power poll Harrison is not ranked and we are ranked 13th.

Edited by brickfor6
Forgot something

Okay, I'll play along.  I always do.  First I want to say leave it to good ol classy Mudflap to use his annual "Leave the Bus Running" topic because that offensive remark never gets old.  However, in concept I always agree with the facts.  But for the record, I'm a bit offended by the toothless Lafayette Farmer comment even though I have to admit it made me laugh.  I'm guessing the Flap doesn't have a lot of room to talk, because from my experience, the dentistry doesn't look much better in the region.  Enough of that, I have some thoughts on a few things.  I was pretty dead on last year, so let's see what I got this year.  I am actually giving the Logan Regional 4 state qualifiers this year. No winners.

At 106- I really like the Reagan kid from Frontier.  He is a real solid wrestler even though schedule is weak.  He got a good draw, I say 4th place.

113- Patrick from Jeff is fair, but I don't see him beating Tolin from Chest.

120- I like the Hickman kid from Ren. but he got Peele from Portage in ticket round. Sorry.

126- Burge from McCutch. got what looks like a good draw, but I don't see him beating the LaPorte kid in ticket round.

132- In my opinion, this Betourne kid from Harrison is by far and away the best wrestler to walk out of the Logan reg. this year.  This kid was good last year, but relied on muscle too much.  He has improved a ton!  Total stud.  If he doesn't get through, nobody from Logan will!  I hope he makes it to the championship match, I want to see him wrestle the Bryant kid from Culver Acad.

138- Linder from McCutch got what looks like a fair draw, but his ticket round match has guys with a grittier schedule, I say nope.

145-The Douglas kid from Attica looks good for a young kid from a tiny school, but lack of schedule strength again will be his doom.  Also, in the regional championship match, he didn't show much technical skill or motion.  

152- The Ruble kid from McCutch looked good, but I don't see him being able to get past the Hobart kid.  I might be wrong on this one, but I say nope.

160- Adkins from Jeff got a good draw, but he got a seasoned Merr kid in the ticket round.  Merr. kids always rise to the occasion at semi state. I say nope.

170- Broken record, but McCutch kid Lopez is going to suffer due to schedule strength.  Even if he beats the Merr kid, I don't see him getting past the Crown Point kid.

182- The Seeger kid looks okay, but he won't get past the Crown Point kid.  I thought the Pugh kid from Twin Lakes might make a splash, but he didn't show up in the regional championship, so he got a crappy draw.  So I say nope. 

195-The Benton Central kid got screwed on the draw.  He looks good, but the Schoonveld kid fro KV is too solid for him.  I say nope

220- Now call me crazy, but this Kidwell kid from West Laf is kind of a dark horse for me.  He is built well, and moves real well.  I like his aggressiveness.  He battles hard.  If he comes in with a winners attitude, I say he qualifies for state.  He got a great draw. He is going to have to wrestle out of his butt though. 

Heavy- Crider from Harrison is a freaking animal.  He is not super technical, and can wrestle real funky but he is a brute.  He qualifies, but there are some good big guys this year at East Chicago semi state.  I see maybe 3rd place.

Hey, these are just my thoughts.  Be kind to me if you don't agree.  My feelings are hurt easily!  For the record, I fantasize of a day when the Logan regional kids go in there and mop up those boys from the region.  But this aint the year. 

Edited by headlock83

3 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

Yeah who didn’t go to team state scholar? Chesterton and Indy cathedral, Crown Point?  I forgot to add that our SOS is ranked higher and you had team state on your schedule...And no disrespect, but you beat CG that was giving up 2 FF. and CG is 31 on genius rating, also on the Final power poll Harrison is not ranked and we are ranked 13th.

On the SOS, Harrison = 66

Hobart = 62, so almost identical strength of schedule.   Harrison was143 last year.   Ill give you the power poll.  You have some big hitters, which Harrison doesnt as much.  On the genius poll, Harrison figured a way to max out and get a crazy 9th above some better teams.  Still both good teams with some unfnished business.  Well hit up at state. Tell some old wrestling stories.

Also, since Harrison not in Team state, maybe they have an open spot. Heard some dads wanted to do Al Smith.  Maybe something else in Region.

2 hours ago, regionrat1 said:

Da extra travel for da southern teams can add to da fatigue. Plus not being used to da heavy air is another factor. I really feel sorry fa do southherns. Da good news there are some good lunch specials at el taco real. 

You got a point there Region Rat.  I got an idea.   Travel and breathing some oil refinery air just gets us southerners late in the match.  How about a swap every other year.  So every odd year, lets host it at the best facility in the semi state, Mackey arena.  Ill go down the street, and ask my buddy Matt Painter to schedule game out of town that weekend.

We dont have Taco El Real, but we got TacoRico.  Triple XXX could have a special.  Ill talk to DT Kirby best sports bar to take care of you. Iwas talking to him today about East Chicago SS and he said he lived a few years as a kid in the sunny side of East Chicago.  He makes the best Italian Beef in the state.  

Anyway everybodys hub caps would be safer, and we got this factory in town that makes Corn Syrup.  It doesnt smell as good ole Oil refinery emissions, but you might like the smell.

Maybe with some home mat advantage, the Logansport might buy a few more tickets.

4 hours ago, headlock83 said:

Okay, I'll play along.  I always do.  First I want to say leave it to good ol classy Mudflap to use his annual "Leave the Bus Running" topic because that offensive remark never gets old.  However, in concept I always agree with the facts.  But for the record, I'm a bit offended by the toothless Lafayette Farmer comment even though I have to admit it made me laugh.  I'm guessing the Flap doesn't have a lot of room to talk, because from my experience, the dentistry doesn't look much better in the region.  Enough of that, I have some thoughts on a few things.  I was pretty dead on last year, so let's see what I got this year.  I am actually giving the Logan Regional 4 state qualifiers this year. No winners.

At 106- I really like the Reagan kid from Frontier.  He is a real solid wrestler even though schedule is weak.  He got a good draw, I say 4th place.

113- Patrick from Jeff is fair, but I don't see him beating Tolin from Chest.

120- I like the Hickman kid from Ren. but he got Peele from Portage in ticket round. Sorry.

126- Burge from McCutch. got what looks like a good draw, but I don't see him beating the LaPorte kid in ticket round.

132- In my opinion, this Betourne kid from Harrison is by far and away the best wrestler to walk out of the Logan reg. this year.  This kid was good last year, but relied on muscle too much.  He has improved a ton!  Total stud.  If he doesn't get through, nobody from Logan will!  I hope he makes it to the championship match, I want to see him wrestle the Bryant kid from Culver Acad.

138- Linder from McCutch got what looks like a fair draw, but his ticket round match has guys with a grittier schedule, I say nope.

145-The Douglas kid from Attica looks good for a young kid from a tiny school, but lack of schedule strength again will be his doom.  Also, in the regional championship match, he didn't show much technical skill or motion.  

152- The Ruble kid from McCutch looked good, but I don't see him being able to get past the Hobart kid.  I might be wrong on this one, but I say nope.

160- Adkins from Jeff got a good draw, but he got a seasoned Merr kid in the ticket round.  Merr. kids always rise to the occasion at semi state. I say nope.

170- Broken record, but McCutch kid Lopez is going to suffer due to schedule strength.  Even if he beats the Merr kid, I don't see him getting past the Crown Point kid.

182- The Seeger kid looks okay, but he won't get past the Crown Point kid.  I thought the Pugh kid from Twin Lakes might make a splash, but he didn't show up in the regional championship, so he got a crappy draw.  So I say nope. 

195-The Benton Central kid got screwed on the draw.  He looks good, but the Schoonveld kid fro KV is too solid for him.  I say nope

220- Now call me crazy, but this Kidwell kid from West Laf is kind of a dark horse for me.  He is built well, and moves real well.  I like his aggressiveness.  He battles hard.  If he comes in with a winners attitude, I say he qualifies for state.  He got a great draw. He is going to have to wrestle out of his butt though. 

Heavy- Crider from Harrison is a freaking animal.  He is not super technical, and can wrestle real funky but he is a brute.  He qualifies, but there are some good big guys this year at East Chicago semi state.  I see maybe 3rd place.

Hey, these are just my thoughts.  Be kind to me if you don't agree.  My feelings are hurt easily!  For the record, I fantasize of a day when the Logan regional kids go in there and mop up those boys from the region.  But this aint the year. 

Great break down. What about 113 jake Armstrong winimac. That could be a sleeper SQ for the regional. 2 huge wins last year punched his ticket 

6 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

Great break down. What about 113 jake Armstrong winimac. That could be a sleeper SQ for the regional. 2 huge wins last year punched his ticket 

Yeah, I really like this kid too.  He is the only one I didn't predict to make it through last year as well.  Unfortunately, I don't think he will beat the Mish kid first round.  Even if he does, the Portage with 8 losses is much better than his record shows.  I saw him wrestle a couple tough matches in sectional and regional on the facebook broadcast.  I don't think Jake will make it back this year.  I would have liked his chances better if he would have won last weekend.  I think the Jeff kid's draw would have been a little better maybe, but I don't think he would have beaten Tolin either though.  I hope I am wrong again about this kid.

7 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

You got a point there Region Rat.  I got an idea.   Travel and breathing some oil refinery air just gets us southerners late in the match.  How about a swap every other year.  So every odd year, lets host it at the best facility in the semi state, Mackey arena.  Ill go down the street, and ask my buddy Matt Painter to schedule game out of town that weekend.

We dont have Taco El Real, but we got TacoRico.  Triple XXX could have a special.  Ill talk to DT Kirby best sports bar to take care of you. Iwas talking to him today about East Chicago SS and he said he lived a few years as a kid in the sunny side of East Chicago.  He makes the best Italian Beef in the state.  

Anyway everybodys hub caps would be safer, and we got this factory in town that makes Corn Syrup.  It doesnt smell as good ole Oil refinery emissions, but you might like the smell.

Maybe with some home mat advantage, the Logansport might buy a few more tickets.

The Scholar has a great idea. Mackey Arena would be awesome!  Hey!  Let’s not forget about Bruno’s, the best pizza place in town.  

33 minutes ago, Bambam23 said:

The Scholar has a great idea. Mackey Arena would be awesome!  Hey!  Let’s not forget about Bruno’s, the best pizza place in town.  

Purdue would never let us in, but Mackey would be the best place to hold the semi state.  Not a bad seat and tons of room.  East Chicago is too far from everyone involved.  They have a ton of room, but lets's face it, unless you hang on the railing of one small side of the gym, the view sux. Travel would suck for the region boys to come all the way to Lafayette though.  I do think that this amazing tournament needs a better venue.  Sorry ECC, you guys run a good tournament, I am just not a fan of the gym.  Just my opinion.  

7 minutes ago, headlock83 said:

Purdue would never let us in, but Mackey would be the best place to hold the semi state.  Not a bad seat and tons of room.  East Chicago is too far from everyone involved.  They have a ton of room, but lets's face it, unless you hang on the railing of one small side of the gym, the view sux. Travel would suck for the region boys to come all the way to Lafayette though.  I do think that this amazing tournament needs a better venue.  Sorry ECC, you guys run a good tournament, I am just not a fan of the gym.  Just my opinion.  

I went to the Big 10s at Mackey several years ago (2011?). Good place to watch some wrestling!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.