andres moreno

embracethegrind

1 hour ago, Ryan11p said:

Yeah Curtis, Lowery (roncalli), and Moreno all look good. But Moreno has wins these others dont have. We will see at state

Curtis -state champ 

Lowery-4th 

black-2nd 

I guess these guys would say they have wins moreno doesn’t also. 

I would guess a comp would be the Mater Dei freshman Boarman who as a 8th grader defeated watts and peele. Which is comparable to Moreno’s wins over Triana and peele 

4 hours ago, Ryan11p said:

Imo Moreno is the best 113 in the state, the kid is undefeated and bumped up several times this season, beaten some of the best 120s in the state him being ranked 4th is crazy. The rankings guys do an incredible job but can't wait to see Moreno win state

Well on the newest rankings I see from 1-25 has Moreno at #6.  let's take a little closer look at the guys in front of Moreno. And see why the rankers would have them ahead of Moreno.

At # 1 it is a no brainer.

#1-Brayden Curtis- undefeated and is a returning state champion and also ranked in the nation. 

#2-Jose Diaz-state qualifier 2 years ago and placed 8th last year at this same weight class losing to eventual state champion 7-3 but inj defaulted his next 2 matches to get 8th. also placed 4th at IHPO beating some really good kids in a stacked weight.Undefeated at time of rankings.(lost twice to Moreno since)

#3-Brayden Lowery- 3rd in state last year(losing only to eventual state champion) also still Undefeated. Has several great wins. Common opponent is Alex Petro- Lowery won 9-1 and Moreno won 6-3

#4-Andrew Black- State Runner up last year. Lost to #1 Curtis in OT at conference 6-4

#5-Blake Boarman- He just doesn't lose much.He is still Undefeated. As an EIGHTH grader Just a few weeks after High School State Finals was over he pinned runner up Hunter Watts and then beat 4th place finisher Brock Peele who Moreno beat this year 11-9 in OT. 

Finally the rankings aren't who they think will win the state championship. It's who is getting the best wins and wrestling the better competition and it gives them recognized. I personally think Moreno will win it this year but if I was a ranker then I'd have him at 6 at the time these came out.(has beaten Diaz twice since)

All great points, thats why i love this state. Such educated wrestling fans. I was in the Army and couldn't believe the lack of wrestling in the states I was stationed. Honored to get a response from ontherise219! Watch u weekly on the streams awesome job! Wrestling4ever great points as well! Cant wait to see how state plays out!

1 hour ago, Ryan11p said:

All great points, thats why i love this state. Such educated wrestling fans. I was in the Army and couldn't believe the lack of wrestling in the states I was stationed. Honored to get a response from ontherise219! Watch u weekly on the streams awesome job! Wrestling4ever great points as well! Cant wait to see how state plays out!

But at the end of the day I always pull for the region. Hopefully he stays hot and makes a run. The kid is exciting 

On 2/4/2018 at 12:01 AM, embracethegrind said:

andres big cat moreno? i feel like he is slept on and very under rated i feel he has a very good chance at takeing that state title this year 

I doubt if the ranking guy "slept on" him.  I think he was probably quite aware of him.  It can be difficult splitting the rankings of undefeated wrestlers who have few common opponents.  State will indeed be exciting to watch at that weight class.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.