If wrestling was a class sport........

wrestleliferfan

41 minutes ago, fearless fly said:

what would the tournament look like in a classed system ? would there be a need for a regional or semi state or regional and semi state losing 1/2 or 2/3 of the wrestlers depending on 2 or 3 class system ?

With a two class system you could have 16 sectionals with about ten teams each and then that feed into for regionals/semistates, then state for each class. You would be able to take out one step of the stage series.

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

With a two class system you could have 16 sectionals with about ten teams each and then that feed into for regionals/semistates, then state for each class. You would be able to take out one step of the stage series.

One of the failures of the  current system is it takes a month to get through the state series. Most people are used to that but in Indiana, but that's a not a good thing.    The stress on wrestlers, parents and administrators is unnecessary.   I find ironic,  the IHSAA says we have a problem with long weekend tournaments throughout the season, and they have this long drawn out process.  Are there any other states that takes a month to do the state tournament.  Maybe California.    I think the best thing in a classed system is you would be able to do it in 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

I find ironic,  the IHSAA says we have a problem with long weekend tournaments throughout the season, and they have this long drawn out process.  

I think they like the extra money it generates during their part of the season.

7 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

The sectionals and regionals are barely break even. The Fort Wayne and Evansville semi-states are the same due to renting big facilities. 

so jamming a huge semi-state into a big high school gym, even though not as cool as the big facilities, is a profitable business decision.

22 hours ago, Tony McGinley said:

AJ & Y2,

AJ you only put Mater Dei as an “outlier” b/c you choose to. You guys if you want my honest opinion of why those small school’s success reached those levels & current small schools don’t? And there’s probably more I’m forgetting, but I think it’s because their kids worked harder. There’s no such thing as “working just as hard” or “putting in that same work”. Their kids worked harder, they were pushed harder by each other & the coaches in the room, & no disrespect but lastly, they were outcoached. 

I put them as an outlier because they are an outlier, and that is not a bad thing.  Can you imagine the outrage it would cause if EMD said they would no longer wrestle in 3A and would now on be in 1A.  People would be upset and many would say that it would make a shame of the system.

And you missed the part where I said there were many reasons why they are an outlier.  Do you actually believe that "hard work" and "coaching" as the ONLY differences between EMD and other small schools?

I am not even a proponent of class wrestling!!!! 

12 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Thanks Y2 !

4 hours ago, AJ said:

I put them as an outlier because they are an outlier, and that is not a bad thing.  Can you imagine the outrage it would cause if EMD said they would no longer wrestle in 3A and would now on be in 1A.  People would be upset and many would say that it would make a shame of the system.

And you missed the part where I said there were many reasons why they are an outlier.  Do you actually believe that "hard work" and "coaching" as the ONLY differences between EMD and other small schools?

I am not even a proponent of class wrestling!!!! 

I don't....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds

On 2/7/2018 at 3:45 PM, Wrestling Scholar said:

And that they are a private school in a large city that pulls quality kids in from that large geographic regions spanning 2 states and can pull kids in due the to prior success of the program.

How about the Issa host did not ask mike Goebel a single time about how much Mater Dei Recruits?

The fix fix is In!  Fake news!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.