OntheRise219 on WJOB at 6:45 CST 104.7 FM or WJOB on facebook

indianmorg

Dang it! You gotta give us a days heads up so we can get some IndyMat dudes to go outside the street level studio and make a scene on the live feed. I'd put on my vagrant outfit and carry a UAW Local 666 sign with da Rat's avatar on it and parade around. Have a couple (not) in shape Region dudes out in singlets sparring.  We could make this a thing.

Please post the link when complete..can't listen live.

Ok. I'm sorry but I'm hooked on this show. So many questions..and granted I didn't watch it all and had sound down a bit...

1. WTF is the dude in the protective neon yellow jacket doing outside the studio with his flash on the cell phone? Is he doing a traffic report..with no traffic?

2. Dedelow...what's with the ear muffs (and I apologize if it's a health issue)? Does he have cauliflower ear and wears it to cover it up for the camera or to aid the pain from friction from the headphones?

3. Y2 you need to send him an IndyMat headband to wear during OTR's segment.

4. Yeah, OTR's pic is an improvement. Now it just needs an underneath caption. "OTR-IndyMat Rankings King" or "2001 Regional Runnerup" maybe (I kid..)!

I can't believe this hasn't been picked up by one of the Chitown stations.

I look forward to next week..and listening to this entire show on the way home. Is this on podcast??

Edited by UncleJimmy

Nice thanks @UncleJimmy we are going to do every Thursday around 6:45. We need to get him a head band for sure. Joe Reitz told me the show covers a lot of local politics and other region stuff. I am waiting for the call to expand to 1 hour. One day I will have to get in studio 

9 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

Nice thanks @UncleJimmy we are going to do every Thursday around 6:45. We need to get him a head band for sure. Joe Reitz told me the show covers a lot of local politics and other region stuff. I am waiting for the call to expand to 1 hour. One day I will have to get in studio 

You are becoming quit da celebrity! 

On Thursday, February 01, 2018 at 11:38 AM, ontherise219 said:

Great job! Really enjoyed your two regional breakdowns.

On 2/2/2018 at 7:47 PM, regionrat1 said:

Ever been to da region - dates how we roll

I get to the Region once in a while.  Was driving back from Chicago and stopped at Munster and ate at Cafe Borgia 2 weeks ago.  Didnt get much Regionese there.  Next time I need, to stop at a real authentic region restsuraunt, and get some of the region soul.  You know as long as its safe.  They probably can just look at a guy, and know hes from West Lafayette.   Might be in East Chicago next weekend.   Im sure this week, well hear some good recommendations from the Rat where to eat.  The Rat should give us some tips on how the Logansport Regional fans to blend in.

It is easy way to figure out da Lafayette fans - day are gone after da first round.

El Taco Real - Hammond 

White Castle - Whiting original castle - might be a long ride hum lol

Byway Brewery - nice suds and great food

3 Floyd’s - Munster 

Bull Dog brewery - whiting 

Casablanca - east Chicago 

14 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

I get to the Region once in a while.  Was driving back from Chicago and stopped at Munster and ate at Cafe Borgia 2 weeks ago.  Didnt get much Regionese there.  Next time I need, to stop at a real authentic region restsuraunt, and get some of the region soul.  You know as long as its safe.  They probably can just look at a guy, and know hes from West Lafayette.   Might be in East Chicago next weekend.   Im sure this week, well hear some good recommendations from the Rat where to eat.  The Rat should give us some tips on how the Logansport Regional fans to blend in.

3 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Leave early and stop at bombers BBQ in munster off of ridge road. Get the burnt ends 

17 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

Leave early and stop at bombers BBQ in munster off of ridge road. Get the burnt ends 

They actually have a place in Indiana with good burnt ends?  I'm from Kansas City,  which invented them, so I'm interested to try.   I didn't know people in Indiana knew what they were.   Just in case  the Lafayette wresters are done early, which I'm sure wont happen, I got a backup plan now to look forward to.

Great job as usual! If you're gonna listen on the archive OTR is on about 32 minute mark. Loved the Faulkens quote OTR pulled out of the Finals "being like one big dysfunctional family reunion" at the Bank due to all these kids knowing/wrestling each other year round and in offseason and parents thus getting to know one another. Hate each other on the mat as rivals, but brothers/families off. Good on Dudelow for knowing his stuff and taking interest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.