RKS22

18 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

This is true, but wrestlebacks would at least go a long way towards ensuring that the 4 best from each given SS would advance.

That is true but you still have the problem where certain weights at each SS is LOADED with ranked kids.  You will still have an injustice even with wrestlebacks.  A few weeks back I did an Excel Sheet showing every ranked kid per semi-state.  Per the rankings the toughest weights at each SS are:

NC - 113 (6 ranked), 120 (7 ranked), 195 (6 ranked), 220 (7 ranked)

EV - 126 (6 ranked), 138 (7 ranked), 285 (6 ranked)

EC - 106 (6 ranked), 285 (6 ranked)

FW - 170 (6 ranked)

My point is you will still not get the best 16 at State -- be happy we have a tournament that gets the majority of the best kids and a few underdogs.

44 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

That is true but you still have the problem where certain weights at each SS is LOADED with ranked kids.  You will still have an injustice even with wrestlebacks.  A few weeks back I did an Excel Sheet showing every ranked kid per semi-state.  Per the rankings the toughest weights at each SS are:

NC - 113 (6 ranked), 120 (7 ranked), 195 (6 ranked), 220 (7 ranked)

EV - 126 (6 ranked), 138 (7 ranked), 285 (6 ranked)

EC - 106 (6 ranked), 285 (6 ranked)

FW - 170 (6 ranked)

My point is you will still not get the best 16 at State -- be happy we have a tournament that gets the majority of the best kids and a few underdogs.

Wrestlebacks would help greatly though.....

Having seen Mejia wrestle many times throughout his high school career, I totally agree that he can’t be overlooked and is my “dark horse” here.  One of the best scramblers in the entire state. As of now my pick is still Asa but I think Mejia can absolutely finish top 3, and I wouldn’t be shocked if he won.

13 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

How do we really know who the top 4 from each SS is?  Do they just keep wrestling back till everyone is happy with who finally makes it. On any given day, the results could have a different outcome with the talent that's gonna be here. As upsetting as it is to see ones season end, it's also the beautiful thing about this sport. 

That is why I said it would go a long way to ensure the 4 best advance. It would at least mean the 4 most deserving on that day advanced.

13 hours ago, Indysportsfan said:

My point is you will still not get the best 16 at State --

Yes, I understood your point the first time. My point is still that with wrestlebacks we can ensure that the 4 most deserving kids on that day advance from each SS.

I do understand that this would ruin the excitement that now exists in the 'ticket round', but it would not completely destroy it. It would simply transplant that excitement to a different round.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.