Brayton Lee Article...

UncleJimmy

..In the Indiana Business Journal!!! Outstanding. Not a #PainTrain fan, but hard not to admire and respect this. Nice sidenote about Chad Red as well.

https://www.ibj.com/articles/67228-lopresti-brownsburg-wrestler-dominates-his-sport-eyes-olympics?utm_source=eight-at-8&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=2018-01-30

Great press for wrestling.  That is exactly what the sport needs, more good press.  Years ago, there used to be a lineup for duals and results in the local papers.  I know some of those are here on Indiana Mat, but even if the local news websites had them in their sports section like basketball and football, it would be better than not having anything.

Out of sight...out of mind.

Nice article. One of Indiana's best and by just watching him the couple times I've seen him he seems like a great kid.

How do you feel though if you are Austin Bethel, giving him his one and only loss in High School. I did find it funny that the article states Brayton made a mistake late in the match to get pinned. If I remember correctly, Bethel dominated that match early, then Lee made a good comeback only for Bethel to put him away late. The late mistake to me was Brayton trying a desperation move.

All in all, great kid, great role model for future Indiana wrestlers. Best of luck to Brayton as he finishes out his high school career and moves on to the Gophers!

As great of a wrestler as he is, he’s an even better kid and role model.  My son is a beginner wrestler in 6th grade that’s working hard to be like his idol, but frankly is really really far from being elite.  

Brayton still takes the time and effort to talk, mentor, and encourage my kid every time he sees him...and this is not unique to my son.  Brayton understands and embraces his role as an “elite” wrestler and uses that platform to grow the sport and make an impact.

As mentioned in the article, here is a dude that by all rights should be BMOC as a senior, but instead takes every free moment to lead the student section at other sports games.  As well as be a manager for the golf team because some of his buddies play on the team, which I have always thought is hilarious.

Cant wait to see how much he does representing our state as well as he’s represented Brownsburg.

4 hours ago, SWSpectator said:

Nice article. One of Indiana's best and by just watching him the couple times I've seen him he seems like a great kid.

How do you feel though if you are Austin Bethel, giving him his one and only loss in High School. I did find it funny that the article states Brayton made a mistake late in the match to get pinned. If I remember correctly, Bethel dominated that match early, then Lee made a good comeback only for Bethel to put him away late. The late mistake to me was Brayton trying a desperation move.

All in all, great kid, great role model for future Indiana wrestlers. Best of luck to Brayton as he finishes out his high school career and moves on to the Gophers!

You're remembering the match correctly. 

Brayton still takes the time and effort to talk, mentor, and encourage my kid every time he sees him...and this is not unique to my son.  Brayton understands and embraces his role as an “elite” wrestler and uses that platform to grow the sport and make an impact.

THIS...any parent with young wrestler in the Cobra room has seen it.

Sunday I was at a meet in Brownsburg talking to a wrestler and his dad. I asked the wrestler if he knew who Brayton was and he said "Yes i was wanting to get his autograph."

I called Brayton over and introduced the wrestler to him. Brayton could not have been nicer and talked with the young wrestler for a few minutes. 

CLASS ACT! !

Thanks Brayton  

6 hours ago, SWSpectator said:

I mean gave up a 5 point move and some take downs a comeback was def possible but yeah went a little to hard near the end desperation got the best of him I think we can all agree that brayton is objectively a better wrestler doesn't mean you can't get caught and have to battle back while an entire arena is rooting against you that's hard for anyone 

Love this article. Brayton is a classy kid. I know Graham has watched and followed him for a few years now. Kids like Brayton come around very seldom. Coach Read always says champions do consistently what the good ones do periodically. People obviously knows he comes from a great coach and team and what’s awesome is he not only obviously makes his team mates better but he makes wrestlers around the state better knowing they have to work harder, eat better, focus more etc if they want the chance to reach a different level. I know Brayton has been a driving force mentally and focus wise on becoming a better wrestler for Graham. The best part about that young man is as good of wrestler he is he is even better as a person. Thanks for making everyone dream and get better. Hope we get a chance at wrestling the best under the lights.....dream come true. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.