Jay County Regional

DelCo

There’s some good competition with the Heavies. I’m going to say that the finals will be Pardons of Yorktown vs Oliver Baronick of Blackford. We know that Pardons has remained solid this whole season and will make it to finals. Oliver Baronick has worked hard all season and even in off season when he was wrestling for our ‘Travel ‘Team’, kid has great work ethic. Fans will get there monies worth on this match alone. 

Should be a fun bracket/ weight class. 

I also think that 145 could be a good weight with solid wrestling.  I’ve got Hunt over Young in the finals. Just don’t know about 3rd & 4th. I’m familiar with all of the wrestlers except Zack Mounsey, I’ve not seen him wrestle before. Of course the one I’m not familiar with Would be the one my son wrestles. ? 

Edited by RustyLove

18 hours ago, wrestler321 said:

Not 100% certain all of their common opponents but I do know South Adams 138 is one of them. McCammon won by tech fall 16-1 and Fiechter won by decision 6-3. common opponents arent always reliable due to styles, how a wrestler may be feeling that particular day, etc. but i do believe McCammon will take this match in route to a rematch with Rutter. 

I agree. With McCammon tech falling South Adams in the early second period, I have him getting his rematch with Rutter. If he gets this rematch I wonder if he will rise into the rankings.

Edited by HMac

14 hours ago, purdue02 said:

1. Miller  -SA

2. Todd - Y

3. Hutker - Bel

4. Johnson - Nor

(I do not see any of these 4 losing and I think you have a clear top 2 where Miller wins handilly, with an entertaining 3rd/4th matchup)

1. B. Curtis - Y

2. Zadylak - N

3. Robinson- Del

4. Rupp - SA

(Robinson and Ortiz is the best first round matchup but I expect Robinson to take it, no one challenges Curtis)

1. Moser - AC

2. Atkins - JC

3. Schliessman - De

4. Tighe - Da

(Again I do not see anyone besides these top 4 moving on, with no real entertaining matchups to look at besides the Delta sectional rematch of Schliessman and Tighe)

1. Lawson - Be

2. Blackburn - De

3. X. Curtis - Y

4. Shaffer - AC

(These top 4 should all qualify with a clear top 3, I like Lawson today with common opponent victories but wrestling is not won with the transitive property)

1. Barr - Y

2. Perry - SW

3. Liter - AC

4. Summersett - SA

(Great senior/freshman first round matchup in Summersett vs. Wills, I like the freshman in this one.  Barr will have some tough competition but I think he wins every match by at least 3)

1. Rutter - Y

2. McCammon - MC

3. Fiechter - SW

4. Meiring - WD

(Good ECIC rematch of Meiring and Wells, but I think Meiring gets it done again.  The match of the weight will be the semi of McCammon and Fiechter)

1. Hunt - Y

2. Young - MC

3. Ruble - Be

4. Mounsey - Bluf

(Best weight of the tournament where the only thing I know is that Christian Hunt will win, outside of that this weight will be fun the whole day, especially the very enticing Young and Ruble semi)

1. Macklin - AC

2. Hiestand - Y

3. Moore - W

4. Hemmelgarn - JC

(I like Macklin over Hiestand in the finals in a regional rematch from last year and the other first round matchups are very enticing, any of those 4 guys could qualify)

1. Winner - JC

2. Bates - AC

3. Metz -Bel

4. Swanson - WD

(A couple of good first round matchups here where Jay County could potentially sweep, Winner pins his way through again)

1. Friedt - B

2. Chapman - JC

3. Bell - Cowan

4. Smith - SW

(Solid first round matchup of Prybylla and Smith but I like Smith in that one, clear top 3 here where I'll take the Belmont kid in a rematch, anyone of these 3 could win it though)

1. Abbott - Mun Cen

2. Gray - Nor

3. Frasher - JC

4. Wright - UC

(I think these 4 make it easily to Fort Wayne but I love the rematch of Gray and Abbott again in the finals, I'll take Abbott but don't count out this Knight)

1. Pease - Del

2. Lykins - JC

3. Enis - Y

4. Berlanga - AC

(Pease will run through this one but the remaining 2-4 spots are up for grabs, I like Enis to be a strong 3rd here)

1. Baumgartner - SA

2. Shumm - AC

3. Hare - JC

4. Gerwigg - Bel

(I'm calling the sweep here with a very strong 220 class from Jay County, I'll keep the same top 4 finish as well)

1. Parsons - Y

2. Swallow - Mon C

3. Shaffer - W

4. Baronick - Bla

(Weaker weight here with the loss of Shaw of Belmont and Dunn of Muncie Central pre-sectionals here but I like the Delta sectional to show out with the heavies, same 1-3 finish as last week with Baronick getting by, a lot of great first round matchups though)

You do know shumm and Baumgartner wrestle in the semifinals right?

Champions only

106- Miller

113-Curtis

120- Mosier

126-Curtis

132- Barr

138- Rutter

145- Hunt

152-Hiestand

160- Winner

170- Freidt

182- Abbott

195- Pease

220- Baumgartner

285- Parsons

I see Yorktown running away with the team title this weekend as well as next, they are just too powerful.

152-

1) Hiestand- Yorktown

2) Macklin- Adams Central

3)Moore- Win/ Beek Southern Wells**

4)Turner- Delta/ Hemmelgarn- Jay**

**Hiestand dominates while 3rd and 4th place should be a toss up. Beeks/ Moore will come down to the wire in a should be great match. Turner/ Hemmelgarn should be interesting with Turner coming in seeded 8th with the upset over Jones from Monroe Central at sectionals(Desicion 8-2) 

1. Miller

2.Todd

3.Lee

4. White

1.Curtis

2.Zadylak

3.Rupp

4. Robinson

1.Mosser

2. Atkins

3. Schliessman

4.Tighe

1. Blackburn

2. Curtis

3. Lawson

4. Shaffer

1. Barr

2. Perry

3. Liter

4. Summersett

1. Rutter

2. Fiechter

3. Wells

4. McCammon

1. Hunt

2. Young

3. Ruble

4. Mounsey

1. Macklin

2. Hiestand

3. Hemmlegarn

4. Beeks

1. Winner

2.Swanson

3. Bates

4. West

1. Chapman

2. Friedt

3. Bell

4. Smith

1. Abbott

2. Gray

3. Fasher

4. Wright

1. Pease

2. Lykins

3. Ullom

4. Shaffer

1. Hare

2. Baumgartner

3. Schumm

4. Brown

1. Parsons

2. Baronick

3. Shaffer

4. Cuellar

My Top 4, in order:

106 Miller, Todd, Hutker, Lerr
113 Curtis, Zadylak, Rupp, Robinson
120 Mosser, Schliessman, Atkins, Tighe
126 Blackburn, Lawson, Curtis, Shaffer
132 Barr, Perry, Liter, Wills
138 Rutter, Fiechter, McCammon, Meiring
145 Hunt, Ruble, Mounsey, Young
152 Macklin, Heistand, Hemmelgarn, Beeks
160 Winner, Bates, Swanson, Metz
170 Friedt, Chapman, Bell, Prybylla
182 Abbott, Gray, Wright, Frasher
195 Pease, Lykins, Schaffer, Berlanga
220 Baumgartner, Hare, Schumm, Brown
285 Parsons, Baronick, Cueller, Hughes

MILLER,TODD,HUTKER,JOHNSON

CURTIS,ZADYLAK,RUPP,ROBINSON

MOSER,SCHLIESSMAN,TIGHE,ATKINS

CURTIS,BLACKBURN,LAWSON,SMITH

BARR,PERRY,LITER,WILLS

RUTTER,FIECHTER,WELLS,MCCAMMON

HUNT,RUBLE,YOUNG,MOUNSEY

HIESTAND,MACKLIN,HEMMELGARN,MOORE

WINNER,BATES,SWANSON,METZ

FRIEDT,PRYBYLLA,BELL,CHAPMAN

ABBOTT,GRAY,WRIGHT,STEVENS

PEASE,ULLOM,LYKINS,ENIS

BAUMGARTNER,HARE,GERWIG,SCHUMM 

PARSONS,SWALLOW,SHAFFER,BARONICK 

9 hours ago, Jamesvondy123 said:

For anyone actually thinking McCammon has a shot at beating Fiechter at 138 you obviously have not watched both of them wrestle. Fiechter will easily win this match 

I'm so glad someone else has this opinion. I've been walking around all week thinking people are crazy or I saw McCammon on a bad day. Hands down Fiechter will take that win! All good wrestlers in 138, but clearly some are more technicals.

I'm going with an amazing battle between Rutter-Fiechter for 1st. 3rd place will be a battle of whether Wells-Meiring wins. 4th place probably McCammon but I'm not counting out Schricker of Jay County to make him earn it! 

My hopes: 

Fiechter, Rutter, Wells, Schricker

21 minutes ago, wrestleliferfan said:

I'm so glad someone else has this opinion. I've been walking around all week thinking people are crazy or I saw McCammon on a bad day. Hands down Fiechter will take that win! All good wrestlers in 138, but clearly some are more technicals.

I'm going with an amazing battle between Rutter-Fiechter for 1st. 3rd place will be a battle of whether Wells-Meiring wins. 4th place probably McCammon but I'm not counting out Schricker of Jay County to make him earn it! 

My hopes: 

At what meet did you see McCammon wrestle?

1 hour ago, wrestleliferfan said:

My hopes: 

You are clearly biased or have not done much research. whether fiechter gets passed McCammon or not, Rutter will dominate whoever in the finals. You must not know much about McCammon. He has man handled Meiring each time they met this season, scores were close but the matches were not.

Edited by wrestler321

On 1/29/2018 at 9:28 PM, RustyLove said:

There’s some good competition with the Heavies. I’m going to say that the finals will be Pardons of Yorktown vs Oliver Baronick of Blackford. We know that Pardons has remained solid this whole season and will make it to finals. Oliver Baronick has worked hard all season and even in off season when he was wrestling for our ‘Travel ‘Team’, kid has great work ethic. Fans will get there monies worth on this match alone. 

Should be a fun bracket/ weight class. 

I agree. Heavies will be fun to watch. 

11 hours ago, Jamesvondy123 said:

For anyone actually thinking McCammon has a shot at beating Fiechter at 138 you obviously have not watched both of them wrestle. Fiechter will easily win this match 

where did you see McCammon wrestle? The kid has been pretty solid lately. Check out the common opponent of south adams. McCammon techfalled the south adams kid 16-1. The southern wells kid pinned the south adams kid in 5:46. It'll be a good match and you cant have Fiechter easily winning this match. 

44 minutes ago, mchs123 said:

where did you see McCammon wrestle? The kid has been pretty solid lately. Check out the common opponent of south adams. McCammon techfalled the south adams kid 16-1. The southern wells kid pinned the south adams kid in 5:46. It'll be a good match and you cant have Fiechter easily winning this match. 

correction: wrong opponents, however the 138 from the season was the kid that mcCammon techfalled, and Fiechter beat him by 3 points.

6 minutes ago, littlevito said:

A couple changes...

145: Bustos (Adams Central) out, Beeks (Southern Wells) in, now McCune (Norwell) vs. Young (Muncie Central)

182: Collier (Adams Central) out, Juengel (Bellmont) in

Why are they out?

10 minutes ago, littlevito said:

I believe injuries.

No that I think about Bustos had his ankle iced and was limping getting to the podium last week. That's disappointing, I thought he could pull some upsets this postseason. 

3 hours ago, littlevito said:

A couple changes...

145: Bustos (Adams Central) out, Beeks (Southern Wells) in, now McCune (Norwell) vs. Young (Muncie Central)

182: Collier (Adams Central) out, Juengel (Bellmont) in

Man that is a bummer. I was hoping to go all week without hearing of the need for alternates. Stay healthy boys! 2 days! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.