Mills v Garcia...

AJ

Garcia has beaten so many top wrestlers this year he probably needed this loss to inspire him for a tournament run. 

I look for him to take the rematch and force mills into a death match against rooks in semi state. Because we all know it’s bound to happen! This regional matchup is huge!

I’d go as far to say it’s better than Rumph and black last year, if it happens. 

Both have wrestled under the lights. Both have placed every year so far. Doesn’t get much better than that. Props to both of them for not dodging each other and running to another weight class. 

3 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Could be like Black vs Rumph last year.

Navy..... I’m not really a person who believes in a good loss. With that said, no biggie for either of them this week. Next week the loser may draw into Rooks in ticket round! Gonna be the match of the day on Saturday. 

Same applies for Clay Egli and Willis out of Evansville North Regional.  Somebody is going to land in a very uncomfortable spot in the ticket round at the Ford Center!

Thought the match was typical Ty & Asa matches from the past, pretty boring much like watching paint dry. Lost count how many times they have wrestled so you get where I’m coming from . Most of you don’t know that they trained for many years together, wrestled on the same Middle School together, Wrestling trips together ect... ect....  Both are #parrishtrained. They know each other very well and it shows on the mat. They both know what’s at stake . Win, you set your own path, lose you take maybe a harder path to State . Two great wrestlers going at it every week, one committed to ACC in Duke, other making a name for himself for the rest of the Colleges in a few years . Iron only sharping Iron. I feel sorry for the rest of the competition knowing that Your probably going draw into these two hammers these next couple of weeks knowing they are battling every week getting better & better. Round 3 in Moorseville this coming weekend. Heck.... instead of asking questions on here what happen & details.... why not make the trip and be a Witness ?  There are so many great matchups to count going down in MVille. 

Glad our boys are giving you guys something to talk about other than the County they come from also.  :D

8 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Thought the match was typical Ty & Asa matches from the past, pretty boring much like watching paint dry. Lost count how many times they have wrestled so you get where I’m coming from . Most of you don’t know that they trained for many years together, wrestled on the same Middle School together, Wrestling trips together ect... ect....  Both are #parrishtrained. They know each other very well and it shows on the mat. They both know what’s at stake . Win, you set your own path, lose you take maybe a harder path to State . Two great wrestlers going at it every week, one committed to ACC in Duke, other making a name for himself for the rest of the Colleges in a few years . Iron only sharping Iron. I feel sorry for the rest of the competition knowing that Your probably going draw into these two hammers these next couple of weeks knowing they are battling every week getting better & better. Round 3 in Moorseville this coming weekend. Heck.... instead of asking questions on here what happen & details.... why not make the trip and be a Witness ?  There are so many great matchups to count going down in MVille. 

Glad our boys are giving you guys something to talk about other than the County they come from also.  :D

I once knew a guy that tore his rotator cuff from chronic self back-patting

"Glad our boys are giving you guys something to talk about other than the County they come from also"

So what do expect from others who come here to see what's going on across the State? Especially when you have 2 of the top guys at a weight facing off against each other. Enquiring minds want to know. 

The Garcia/Mills (went alphabetical, no favorites) state series reminds me of Eppert/Wright series - what a great rivalry that was. Starting at sectionals and ending in the State Finals 2x. Possibly the greatest wrestling rivalry ever in IN. 

1 hour ago, Po-Tweet said:

The Garcia/Mills (went alphabetical, no favorites) state series reminds me of Eppert/Wright series - what a great rivalry that was. Starting at sectionals and ending in the State Finals 2x. Possibly the greatest wrestling rivalry ever in IN. 

The Eppert/Wright matches continued to get more heated and intense each round/each year.  They were fun to watch as a spectator, but I would have hated to be a coach or a parent.  That had to be stressful.

11 hours ago, Po-Tweet said:

Eppert/Wright were never in the same sectional. Met at regional but a great rivalry it was!  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.