Regional Seeding

wrestleliferfan

Sorry if dumb question- new fan to the Regionals. 

Are all pairings 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd place winners?

I noticed on one Regional bracket from last year that the 2nd place winner actually seeded 1st over the Sectional Champ, moving to Regionals? Why would that happen? Do they have seeding criteria outside of placement in sectionals? Thanks! 

It’s not seeding it separation criteria based on placement. So don’t look at the seeding position.  Just make sure the separation occurs correctly.  

One half:

1st from Sectional A takes on the 4th from Sectional B. 

The 3rd from Sectional A takes on the 2nd from Sectional B

Other half:

The 2nd from Sectional A takes on the 3rd from Sectional B

The 4th from Sectional A takes on the 1st from Sectional B. 

Also, it has to be set up 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 from the same sectional on the same half of the bracket. As long as the bracket is in some variation of that pattern it works.  

They do it that way rather than 1 on same side as his sectional 4 to ensure that the two 1’s won’t meet in the semi-finals.   

Edited by MattM

45 minutes ago, montymo118 said:

It looks like that sometimes. It’s always a 1-4 and a 2-3.  One #1 goes to top of bracket and one goes to bottom. So there’s no true 1seed from here to state. 

Thank you! That's what I thought but was confused when it listed it that way. I get it now!  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.