Jay county sectional thoughts?

twoooo293116

12 minutes ago, Thor said:

Isaiah baumgartner beating Schumm and Hare was very impressive. Can someone tell me why ac was so upset when Winner pinned Bates? Are bow and arrows not legal or what?

Who knows AC fans boo any action called against their wrestler 

Just kidding, it's illegal

NFHS_Rules_Photos.pdf

On 1/27/2018 at 8:37 PM, 84headhunter said:

Who knows AC fans boo any action called against their wrestler 

Just kidding, it's illegal

NFHS_Rules_Photos.pdf

Seen the same thing by a sixth grader at the Delta Folkstyle Open today. Was told it is illegal to turn with a bow and arrow, but was legal to secure the fall. Looked like sour grapes to me yesterday, I actually thought AC should have been deducted a team point as their coach was half way out on the mat.

Just now, WadeDuPont said:

Seen the same thing by a sixth grader at the Delta Folkstyle Open today. Was told it is illegal to turn with a bow and arrow, but was legal to secure the fall. Looked like sour grapes to me yesterday, I actually thought AC should have been deducted a team point as their coach was half way out on the mat.

Interesting 

10 minutes ago, WadeDuPont said:

I made the trip to Jay County, what an electric atmosphere that was. I was most impressed with Lykins of JC, although he was a number one seed he looked impressive.

Wasn’t a fan of the quick pin call in the finals. I think my biggest frustration was refs were taking forever to call pins all day and then they call that one very fast. 

On 1/27/2018 at 8:18 PM, Thor said:

Isaiah baumgartner beating Schumm and Hare was very impressive. Can someone tell me why ac was so upset when Winner pinned Bates? Are bow and arrows not legal or what?

Illegal in the grandest proportions. Furthermore, it is absolutely pathetic that neither referee really even knew what was going on. Until schools stop hiring guys that only show up to collect a check, things like this will continue to happen. It really sucks that a great match ended that way; here's to seeing it again this week at Regionals.

Edited by LetsWrastle

13 minutes ago, LetsWrastle said:

Illegal in the grandest proportions. Furthermore, it is absolutely pathetic that neither referee really even knew what was going on. Until schools stop hiring guys that only show up to collect a check, things like this will continue to happen. It really sucks that a great match ended that way; here's to seeing it again this week at Regionals.

The schools don't hire for the state series. IHSAA decides what referees go to what sites. Just an FYI. 

Okay so maybe my terminology for a bow and arrow is wrong or different. Which happens.  Can someone post what they mean by an illegal bow and arrow.  Because the one I show I don't believe is illegal.

12 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

Okay so maybe my terminology for a bow and arrow is wrong or different. Which happens.  Can someone post what they mean by an illegal bow and arrow.  Because the one I show I don't believe is illegal.

https://livestream.com/accounts/14075476/events/4234655/videos/169366502 

At the 1:14:15 mark right screen 

Gotcha.  I was guessing that is what it was.  Lee got stuck in that in the finals of one of his last tourneys.  I call the arm across the back push to the mat, scoop the head and lace the leg a bow and arrow.  Sorry us Dekalb grads be slow sometimes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.