Best and Worst Sectionals

navy80

17 hours ago, MOWrestler said:

Attempt at translation:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Avon sectional would get blanked against the Westview Sectional?

Still not sure what exactly you mean by 'blanked'??? Also, I presume you mean these two sectionals in the reverse order you mentioned them.

Blanked would be referring to a score for Avon of ZERO...at least that’s our interpretation of the term. Meaning if the Westview Sectional were to be up against the Avon Sectional the scoreboard would read Westview 86 - Avon 0....with the 86 being just a randomly picked number.... 

At least that’s always been our interpretation of the term...

However, that being said, I have to disagree. Anything can happen.....

I was watching HBO last night, and "Hoosiers" was on.   I hadn't watched in years, and since I live in Indiana I had to watch to understand the essence of the small school underdog mindset in Indiana, since I live in Indiana now.  And how is this relevant to this discussion; well it gave me an idea.   Lets make a movie.  The plot will be an all-star match between Westview sectional champs vs  #Juggernaut Avon.  We  can do what we want in the movie,   so for Hollywood sakes,  well change the name of the Westview sectional to the Walnut sectional.    We'll add some drama,  like have a drunk dad yell at the referee and get a Gene Hackman type  to coach the team.  Maybe get Tom Hanks, and h'ell get a tape measure and have the kids measure the length of the mat.     In this fictional movie  the Walnut (Westview) sectional pulls the big upset over Avon.  It'll get nicknamed the amazing Avon upset.   We'll end it with the Walnut hero in the deciding match, down in the score,  getting a lateral drop on the Avon returning state champ.  

Hollywood could make it happen, as they can do anything.   But in all reality,  Team Garcia is right,  Westview wins one match. Team Garcia I got a copyright on the script.   As # The County Legal Counsel,   we'll make some cash from this unbelievable plot. 

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

17 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Westview champs vs Avon champs.... 

Westview wins 1 maybe 2.

This is probably typical for most sectionals. 

The winners at Griffith and Southport match up best vs Avon champs. 

This is silly... back to our daily Garcia rants... and Joe messing with him. That’s what all of us nervous parents need to keep our minds right! 

Well I do believe their is one more sectional that would win quite a few matches against the winners of all of these sectionals. and a few runner-ups wouldn't do too bad either. 

113- Spears 34-0

120- Antunez 27-1

126- C. Rooks 32-1

132- G. Rooks 34-0

D. Craig 26-2(both losses came to Columbus East)

138- Combest 33-1

145- Schoenegge 30-4

160- South 34-1

170- Kleinhenz 33-3

Beineke 26-6

55 minutes ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

Well I do believe their is one more sectional that would win quite a few matches against the winners of all of these sectionals. and a few runner-ups wouldn't do too bad either. 

113- Spears 34-0

120- Antunez 27-1

126- C. Rooks 32-1

132- G. Rooks 34-0

D. Craig 26-2(both losses came to Columbus East)

138- Combest 33-1

145- Schoenegge 30-4

160- South 34-1

170- Kleinhenz 33-3

Beineke 26-6

Perhaps you misread my post.... please read carefully. The key word is most. Trust me I know this sectional.... MY Columbus East team is in it. That sectional is tough. 

Edited by Mattyb

34 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Perhaps you misread my post.... please read carefully. The key word is most. Trust me I know this sectional.... MY Columbus East team is in it. That sectional is tough. 

For some weird reason I thought you were from Avon.  And I know you said most sectionals but I can see this one doing as good or better than the other 2 you mentioned is why I replied. 

9 minutes ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

For some weird reason I thought you were from Avon.  And I know you said most sectionals but I can see this one doing as good or better than the other 2 you mentioned is why I replied. 

I think perhaps Avon is probably where his son wrestles but not necessarily where he wrestlED?

Some of us still maintain some amount of endearment towards our alma maters even when our sons wrestle elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, piscis1956 said:

I think perhaps Avon is probably where his son wrestles but not necessarily where he wrestlED?

Some of us still maintain some amount of endearment towards our alma maters even when our sons wrestle elsewhere.

22 minutes ago, piscis1956 said:

Ha ha. I think Y21AB was just trying to stir the pot a bit by intentionally making facetious comments that even he knew were silly.

The Westview Sectional is nothing to joke about!

41 minutes ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

Team Balboa for life buddy. Yes.... Great sectional.

Edited by Mattyb

1 hour ago, Juggernaut said:

Ummmmm, this is a big no no. 

As the # The County Legal Counsel, I understand the concern your concern with this term being close to your tag name.  But ill refer this case of Subway trademarking the term "Footlong".   Yes, some hot dog guy in Jersey used the term first, but Subway trademarked before that guy so they got legal use to it.  Well be nice and let you keep your name,  as long as you cease and desist from using # Juggernaut or # Juggernaut Avon.

Also,  I found way  around  the # censoring tactics Team Garcia.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

4 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

As the # The County Legal Counsel, I understand the concern your concern with this term being close to your tag name.  But ill refer this case of Subway trademarking the term "Footlong".   Yes, some hot dog guy in Jersey used the term first, but Subway trademarked before that guy so they got legal use to it.  Well be nice and let you keep your name,  as long as you cease and desist from using # Juggernaut or # Juggernaut Avon.

No worries my friend, I'm a nice guy, I'll let it slide this time. Good luck to everyone tomorrow at sectionals. 

7 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

#The CountyTMZ is reporting that Kim Jong-un is jealous of #The County Sanctions enforced by Y2. 

Vote for @UncleJimmyfor HOF ! 

Vote for The Notorious @TeamGarcia for HOF !

Paid for by #The CountyBoosters and it’s Loyal Members . 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.