Regional first round death matches!

navy80

I don’t have time to research right now but there will be regional first round death matches! Especially in the Avon/mooresville regional. 

There will be wrestlers who lose first round who could compete for or win a regional title in another regional. 

Definitely see 132 at Moorseville. I see all Avon Sectional placers move on at that weight to Semi-State . Depending on the draw, maybe who ever draws into Decatur Central . Going to be interesting to see how that plays out . I got #6 Kritzer, <...(spell check)  #12 Reynolds, #20 Burdon, and a tough Weddel in the rankings a lot this year moving on. All from Avon Sectional. IMO. 

A few potential matchups that stick out to me at the Castle Regional depending on Sectional finish obviously....

106 Boyd (Harrison) vs Garris (Central)

113 Sutton (Boonville) vs loser of Polen (Gibson Southern)/Kendall (North Posey)

126 Overton (Boonville) vs Morgan (Mt. Vernon) ; Harpenau (Gibson Southern) vs Bell (Heritage Hills), could also throw in Graber (Washington) as well in Overton or Bell's spot.

132 Fulks (Boonville) vs Dunn, Bethe, or McCrary

138 Kirchgessner (South Spencer) vs Russell (Vincennes)

182 Moore (South Spencer) vs Schuler (Mater Dei)

2 hours ago, SWSpectator said:

A few potential matchups that stick out to me at the Castle Regional depending on Sectional finish obviously....

106 Boyd (Harrison) vs Garris (Central)

113 Sutton (Boonville) vs loser of Polen (Gibson Southern)/Kendall (North Posey)

126 Overton (Boonville) vs Morgan (Mt. Vernon) ; Harpenau (Gibson Southern) vs Bell (Heritage Hills), could also throw in Graber (Washington) as well in Overton or Bell's spot.

132 Fulks (Boonville) vs Dunn, Bethe, or McCrary

138 Kirchgessner (South Spencer) vs Russell (Vincennes)

182 Moore (South Spencer) vs Schuler (Mater Dei)

Definitely, also what about Heavyweight at the Castle Regional? with 4 wrestlers from Castle sectional who could be in the sectionals finals (Rea,Weeks,Ohlsen, and Lofton) how does The Central Sectional Fall with Graves(MD) vs York(PR) and Breivogel (GS) in the mix there as well  Weeks lost to York 4-2, York majored Rea, also if we see an upset on the bottom half of the bracket with Lofton beating Ohlsen do we see Graves(MD) vs Ohlsen(ME) III in the first round of regionals

Edited by FortunatlyGreat

5 hours ago, Mattyb said:

At Mooresville at 170 you have Jonah Hayes and Nick Willham. The loser of that will have one of the top three from Avon which are Carson Brewer, Trizton Carson, and Jean-Baptiste. A good wrestler will be going home for sure. 

Yea 170 is gonna be serious..Tough draws all the way through semi state.. Gonna be a good weekend see you there

On 1/24/2018 at 8:49 AM, Mattyb said:

At Mooresville at 170 you have Jonah Hayes and Nick Willham. The loser of that will have one of the top three from Avon which are Carson Brewer, Trizton Carson, and Jean-Baptiste. A good wrestler will be going home for sure. 

I think Hays beats Jean-Baptiste this Sat. 

On January 24, 2018 at 11:10 AM, FortunatlyGreat said:

Definitely, also what about Heavyweight at the Castle Regional? with 4 wrestlers from Castle sectional who could be in the sectionals finals (Rea,Weeks,Ohlsen, and Lofton) how does The Central Sectional Fall with Graves(MD) vs York(PR) and Breivogel (GS) in the mix there as well  Weeks lost to York 4-2, York majored Rea, also if we see an upset on the bottom half of the bracket with Lofton beating Ohlsen do we see Graves(MD) vs Ohlsen(ME) III in the first round of regionals

Obviously Coach Bell must have his boys making steady improvement through out the year because Rea (Heritage Hills) just gave Weeks (Boonville) a Beat down 14-0 and it really was not that close. Weeks never even came close to scoring a point.  Rea vs York II could be interesting.

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

You didn't have to win your first two matches to place top 3. 

This.. you win your first then if you lost the 2nd you wrestled back to 3rd.. the regional champion got the 1st round bye waiting on the 2 and 3 seed winner in the ticket round. 

Pretty nasty group of kids coming to Moorseville Regional from Avon Sectional. Going to be interesting to see how many come out Moorseville Sectional move on Semi State.

Over/Under “might” be -10 

Death Draws Everywhere ! 

#ThECounty might be giving a few a yearly pass to Their very own Pit of Misery signature suites . 

11 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Pretty nasty group of kids coming to Moorseville Regional from Avon Sectional. Going to be interesting to see how many come out Moorseville Sectional move on Semi State.

Over/Under “might” be -10 

Death Draws Everywhere ! 

#ThECounty might be giving a few a yearly pass to Their very own Pit of Misery signature suites . 

I’ll definitely take the over on that one

I think Avon sends more but I think of the 56 spots, Mooresville Sectionals sends at least 20.

Just very few spots where a 3 from mooresville beats a two, but lots of spots where the 1 and the 2 both get through.

I’d have to look at the actual brackets to give an estimate, but definitely more than 10 kids getting through.

Regionals are the only brackets you can pre-determine before their official release occurs.  Just pair up the other sectional with yours in reverse placement order.  1/4, 2/3, 3/2, & 4/1.   Minus anyone withdrawing (injury, illness, etc.) you can figure out the possible brackets for each round yourself.  

Semi-state and state are the only unpredictable ones since 4 areas feed in, so the opening round matchups are randomly decided.  

On 1/24/2018 at 9:52 AM, jmills said:

Wasn’t all that long ago one had to win their first 2 matches to move to semi-state. Took only top 3.

8 hours ago, takemtothemat said:

It wasn't that long ago when I wrestled only top 2 advanced.  Well okay it was a hell of a long time ago. 

Phil Cook

See a pattern here? pretty soon all you are gonna have to do is make weight to qualify for Semi-state. #participationtrophy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.