CHANGE IN [PITA] WEIGHT MANAGEMENT!!

raven150

40 minutes ago, V and M's Dad said:

Just based off of the High School Football state finals between Ben Davis and Penn. There were Six starting lineman that were over the 285 pound mark and going to College. They are at

least in shape enough to play College Football. 

That’s a shape, but not wrestling shape.  I am sure you know how lineman eat to be heavy and it’s not always healthy. Health and safety were two of the factors unlimited was changed to 275 at the time. Again, I enjoy the big guys at state too. Just leave the light weights alone unless the heavier weights are changed as well. Most matches and local tourny’s have lots of “out of weight class” atheletes between 182-285.

50 minutes ago, RAJR said:

That’s a shape, but not wrestling shape.  I am sure you know how lineman eat to be heavy and it’s not always healthy. Health and safety were two of the factors unlimited was changed to 275 at the time. Again, I enjoy the big guys at state too. Just leave the light weights alone unless the heavier weights are changed as well. Most matches and local tourny’s have lots of “out of weight class” atheletes between 182-285.

I understand Football shape is different than Wrestling shape. However the point I made is that there are a number of High School athletes that weigh more 250 pounds and 285 pounds in shape and healthy. There were 10 Football players on Ben Davis's roster that weighed more than 260 pounds and 15 on Warren Central's. Are all of them in shape and healthy maybe not. But I am certain some of them are. 

Is it more or less Healthy to weigh 133 pounds and cut to 113 on a weekly basis?  

1 hour ago, V and M's Dad said:

I understand Football shape is different than Wrestling shape. However the point I made is that there are a number of High School athletes that weigh more 250 pounds and 285 pounds in shape and healthy. There were 10 Football players on Ben Davis's roster that weighed more than 260 pounds and 15 on Warren Central's. Are all of them in shape and healthy maybe not. But I am certain some of them are. 

Is it more or less Healthy to weigh 133 pounds and cut to 113 on a weekly basis?  

Football and hwt both encourage massive weight gain (looks good in game programs and recruiting, and at weigh ins) The vast majority of HS boys are incapable of putting on more than 10 of muscle mass in a given offseason. Yet many kids gain 25-50 lbs in an offseason in preparation for football. Is that healthy?

2 hours ago, V and M's Dad said:

Trick question? ☺ That would violate the weight management plan. Neither seem healthier than the other. I get your point and it relates with mine. There are some athletes that need the lighter weight classes just like there are some between 250-285. Neither are a majority but both should have the opportunity to wrestle. No other sport teaches better life lessons and that's what I love about the sport.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.