Sectional Surprises

leaveitonthemat

4 hours ago, backtothemat said:

Heard he’s too old to compete. 

How is that possible?  Could he have been eligible all year, but not for sectionals?  Or was this just found out and he was not eligible and still wrestled?

19 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

State ranked #10 Betourne at 132 from Harrison is out for some reason.  Not sure why?   Very disappointing. 

Good news.  Looks like they fixed the 132 Bracket at Laf Jeff and Betourne is in it.  Maybe some type of track wrestling mistake.  Looking forward to see Cody wrestle this post season.

Brett Smith wasn't too old. He moved from California and due to illness starred his sophomore year and then was out of school the rest of the year. He came back and had to repeat his sophomore year, but his clock of eligibility had already starred. You have only 4 years once you start high school. The IHSAA only granted him the 1st part of his senior year, so was not eligible after Christmas, although age wise he is still 19.

14 hours ago, SWINfan said:

How is that possible?  Could he have been eligible all year, but not for sectionals?  Or was this just found out and he was not eligible and still wrestled?

I "heard" that's exactly what happened.  He turned too old of an age prior to the State series start (aka Sectionals) so he's ineligible.

5 hours ago, nosoccermomhere said:

Brett Smith wasn't too old. He moved from California and due to illness starred his sophomore year and then was out of school the rest of the year. He came back and had to repeat his sophomore year, but his clock of eligibility had already starred. You have only 4 years once you start high school. The IHSAA only granted him the 1st part of his senior year, so was not eligible after Christmas, although age wise he is still 19.

Thanks for the clarification.  Here is just that so good to get it from a reliable source.  He's a fun wrestler to watch.

On 1/23/2018 at 12:39 PM, Mattyb said:

Nathan Conley down to 145. Will be really good at this weight class. 

I have a feeling we are going to see Conley and Sellmer for at least like the 6th time. I don't think Conley has beaten him yet tho, but I could be very wrong. It could very likely happen in the Semi State Finals or Semis and with a few minor upsets and draws on the opposite side of the bracket it could very well be the State Finals match also. Love watching these two go at it. 

3 minutes ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

I have a feeling we are going to see Conley and Sellmer for at least like the 6th time. I don't think Conley has beaten him yet tho, but I could be very wrong. It could very likely happen in the Semi State Finals or Semis and with a few minor upsets and draws on the opposite side of the bracket it could very well be the State Finals match also. Love watching these two go at it. 

Well, being from a different part of the state I don't remember Conley wrestling, but I've read a lot of good things about him.  I do remember Sellmer wrestling last year at state though and I was very impressed...Is Sellmer a senior?  Has anybody picked him up yet?

Just now, nkraus said:

Well, being from a different part of the state I don't remember Conley wrestling, but I've read a lot of good things about him.  I do remember Sellmer wrestling last year at state though and I was very impressed...Is Sellmer a senior?  Has anybody picked him up yet?

IU has picked the Sr. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.