Delta Sectional

DelCo

Any predictions for individual weight/team race? I realize we don’t have the brackets yet however I’m sure they’ll be out within the next few days. Teams are Yorktown, Delta, Muncie Central, Winchester, Wes-Del,  Wapahani, Randolph southern, Daleville, Cowan, and Monroe Central.

1 hour ago, DelCo said:

Any predictions for individual weight/team race? I realize we don’t have the brackets yet however I’m sure they’ll be out within the next few days. Teams are Yorktown, Delta, Muncie Central, Winchester, Wes-Del,  Wapahani, Randolph southern, Daleville, Cowan, and Monroe Central.

145 hunt..152 hiestand...160 Duncan...170 bell..182 abbott...195 pease...220. Brown..285 shaffer

106 Todd, 113 Curtis, 120 ?, 126 Payne/Curtis, 132 Barr, 138 Rutter, 145 Hunt, 152 Hiestand, 160 ?, 170 Bell, 182 Abbott, 195 Pease, 220 ?, Hwt Parsons/Swallow....so on paper it looks as if Yorktown runs away with the team title.  I like Payne at 26 but the senior from Yorktown is solid . Now at heavy it looks to be Parsons to lose but I like the underdog Monroe Cent Heavy Swallow to make it fun now in order for this to happen Swallow will have to beat Shaffer from Winchester again after beating him a county.  Now this was fun but we will all see how it unwinds next Saturday good look to all the wrestlers as the post season starts..

106 Todd,White, Cline, Lee

113 Curtis, Robinson, Marrs, Cunnington

120 Schliessman, Tighe, Tinsman, Hoover

126 Curtis, Blackburn, Waler, Hoover

132 Barr, Wills, Willen, Thomma

138 Rutter, McCammon, Meiring,Heskett

145 Hunt, Young, Love, Johnson

152 Heistand, Moore, Jones, Keesling

160 Duncan, Swason, West,  Ashburn

170 Bell, Caldwell, Brown, Pryblla

182 Abbott, Stevens, Womack, Franklin

195 Pease, Ullom, Enis, Minton

220 C Brown, K Brown, Ice, Rojas

HWT Parson, Swallow, Shaffer, Smith

On 1/21/2018 at 2:00 PM, ARich said:

106 Todd, 113 Curtis, 120 ?, 126 Payne/Curtis, 132 Barr, 138 Rutter, 145 Hunt, 152 Hiestand, 160 ?, 170 Bell, 182 Abbott, 195 Pease, 220 ?, Hwt Parsons/Swallow....so on paper it looks as if Yorktown runs away with the team title.  I like Payne at 26 but the senior from Yorktown is solid . Now at heavy it looks to be Parsons to lose but I like the underdog Monroe Cent Heavy Swallow to make it fun now in order for this to happen Swallow will have to beat Shaffer from Winchester again after beating him a county.  Now this was fun but we will all see how it unwinds next Saturday good look to all the wrestlers as the post season starts..

You might wanna take a.look at who Shaffer beat this year..state ranked stone and numerous semi state qualifiers including wisner who was undefeated..he had a bad day at county..he will be ready to go Saturday..and he's going to do more than make it fun against Parsons 

12 hours ago, jason said:

You might wanna take a.look at who Shaffer beat this year..state ranked stone and numerous semi state qualifiers including wisner who was undefeated..he had a bad day at county..he will be ready to go Saturday..and he's going to do more than make it fun against Parsons 

I have watched both Shaffer and Swallow wrestle this season and I saw the match which Shaffer beat Swallow at ECIC which was a 1 pt match he won just like the 1 pt match Swallow won.  Support your guy, I never said  shafffer couldn’t win I said Swallow had to beat him again.  But looking at match ups I believe the only Heavy that could give Parsons a go would be Swallow, in my opinion.  But remember as we all know it doesn’t matter who you beat yesterday.  Best of luck to both wrestlers and programs.

106 Todd, Cline, White, Lee

113 Curtis, Robinson, Cunnington, Marrs

126 Curtis, Blackburn, Walker, Hoover

132 Barr, Wills, Thomma, Willen

160 Swanson, West, Duncan,  Ashburn

170 Bell, Prybylla, Caldwell, brown

220 C Brown, Ice, K Brown, Rojas

Is this Yorktown's last hurrah??? Does it become more competitive after this year?

It would seem numbers are down with the forfeit of three weight classes, graduating a ton of talent, feeder programs at middle school and elementary levels seem to not be as competitive as in years past.

Coach McCormick and Coach O'Brien both leaving after this year.

Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, WadeDuPont said:

Is this Yorktown's last hurrah??? Does it become more competitive after this year?

It would seem numbers are down with the forfeit of three weight classes, graduating a ton of talent, feeder programs at middle school and elementary levels seem to not be as competitive as in years past.

Thoughts?

I was thinking that too. They'll still have Curtis and Parsons, but are there any jv studs we don't know about yet? Any stud incoming eight graders? 

The demise of Yorktown is very premature.  They have a lot of talent in their middle school.  They may not have the depth that they once had, but they are far from lacking highly talented wrestlers.

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

The demise of Yorktown is very premature.  They have a lot of talent in their middle school.  They may not have the depth that they once had, but they are far from lacking highly talented wrestlers.

Last year Yorktown was last at the middle school Hoosier Heritage Conference tournament...

15 minutes ago, gogoplata89 said:

Last year Yorktown was last at the middle school Hoosier Heritage Conference tournament...

Also, finished 4th, behind South Adams, Monroe Central and East Jay at the EJ Invitational last year.

Edited by WadeDuPont
Spelling

5 hours ago, ARich said:

I have watched both Shaffer and Swallow wrestle this season and I saw the match which Shaffer beat Swallow at ECIC which was a 1 pt match he won just like the 1 pt match Swallow won.  Support your guy, I never said  shafffer couldn’t win I said Swallow had to beat him again.  But looking at match ups I believe the only Heavy that could give Parsons a go would be Swallow, in my opinion.  But remember as we all know it doesn’t matter who you beat yesterday.  Best of luck to both wrestlers and programs.

True

5 hours ago, DelCo said:

106 Todd, Cline, White, Lee

113 Curtis, Robinson, Cunnington, Marrs

132 Barr, Wills, Thomma, Willen

160 Swanson, West, Duncan,  Ashburn

170 Bell, Prybylla, Caldwell, brown

220 C Brown, Ice, K Brown, Rojas

At 160 Duncan dominated west before pinning him  in the 2nd period and he was under the weather for that match 

106 Todd, Cline, Lee, White

(clear top 4 where Todd is the heavy favorite as a senior 106)

113 Curtis, Robinson, Marrs, Cunnington

(only 4?? Curtis runs through)

120 Schliessman, Tighe, Barr, Tinsman

(Too bad for Abbott of Wes Del as he would have ran through this weight)

(Possibly the best finals match up of the day, I like Curtis in the rematch with some Yorktown adjustments)

132 Barr, Wills, Fox, Thomma

(Clear top 2 with Barr pinning his way through, decent depth with an interesting 3-6 finish here)

138 Rutter, McCammon, Meiring, Heskett

(Clear top 4 again where Rutter is too much, fun semi with MnM)

145 Hunt, Young, Love, Tinsman

(#2 vs #17 in the only state ranked final, the Tinsman vs Johnson quarter is huge)

152 Heistand, Moore, Jones, Wills

(Another Yorkie runs away with it with a great semi in Moore vs. Jones)

160 Swanson, West, Duncan, Willis

(Solid top 3 here that could have 3 different champs on 3 different days, the Ashburn vs. Willis quarter is vital here)

170 Bell, Caldwell, Brown, Prybylla

(Another weight that is wide open but has a clear top 4, Bell is the heavy favorite but you could have 4 different champs on 4 different days)

182 Abbott, Franklin, Wilson, Womack

(Abbott will run away with it but the 2-6 spots again are very intriguing)

195 Pease, Minton, Enis, Ullom

(Pease will pin his way through but the semi of Minton and Ullom will be entertaining, I think Enis is the 2nd best guy at the weight)

220 C Brown, Ice, K Brown, Thompson

(Strong top 3 where Brown of Daleville is the favorite but any of them could bring the title home on Saturday)

HWT Parson, Shaffer, Swallow, Hill

(if Dunn of Muncie Central was here this would be the best weight by far, but as is you have a strong top 3 where I like Shaffer in the rematch and Parson to avoid his dangerous headlock and start his treck as a future 3 time sectional champ)

Yorktown runs away again with their last run of dominance, they may win more titles going forward but not like they will this year and have grown accustomed to

14 minutes ago, jason said:

At 160 Duncan dominated west before pinning him  in the 2nd period and he was under the weather for that match 

Wouldn’t be too confident, I’ve seen bigger upsets throughout the state tournament. Will be a great day of wrestling no matter the outcome.

6 minutes ago, DelCo said:

Wouldn’t be too confident, I’ve seen bigger upsets throughout the state tournament. Will be a great day of wrestling no matter the outcome.

Yeah..who knows..duncan may not even wrestle Saturday 

3 hours ago, WadeDuPont said:

Thoughts?

This sectional is actually getting better and will continue to get better.  It will not be a meat grinder anytime soon but over the next few years you will see the talent escalate.

Abbott is building a program at Cowan.  They have a good size youth program and a very competitive MS program.

Dulaney is building at Daleville.  Their MS program has quickly become a very good to elite program.

Delta is building a strong base with their youth program and once again a very talented MS group.

Muncie Central is getting better quality wrestlers and has improved each year since the South/Central merger.

Yorktown may take a dip, but they still have talent and they will still produce some very talented kids.

This is not even counting the top notch wrestlers that Winchester, Wes-Del and Monroe Central have been known to produce.

I am excited about the future of the Delta Sectional.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.