SIAC

SouthSideJimmy

It's that time of the Season....The Pre-Sectional slugfest we call the SIAC Tourney.  

1. Mater Dei

2. Castle

3. Memorial

4. Central

5. Reitz

6. Harrison

7. North

8. Bosse

If history is an indicator, Central will show up and draw into some decent consolation matches that will help them in the team score.  Honestly the entire conference is down a bit this year.  The SIAC has had a great run of outstanding talent, it seems the inevitable "lull" was bound to happen.   Still some great wresting to be had and a ton of tense matches over all.  

One person's opinion of course...Let's here the predictions.

13 hours ago, hook and half said:

I have reitz at third, central, memorial, north harrison and bosse.

I look for MD to have 7-10 champs.  When are the brackets released?

Haven't seen Reitz this year...but 3-5 will be pretty much up in the air.   7-10 Champs?   Seems optimistic for this MD team, but anything is possible.

13 hours ago, hook and half said:

I have reitz at third, central, memorial, north harrison and bosse.

I look for MD to have 7-10 champs.  When are the brackets released?

I believe line ups released 11pm tonight.  Unfortunately, I am with Hook on this year's SIAC tourney.   Below are last year's 1st and 2nd placers:

106 Castle over MD

113 Memorial over MD

120 MD over Castle

126 MD over Castle

132 MD over Reitz

138 Castle over MD

145 Reitz over MD

152 MD over Castle

160 Castle over MD

170 Castle over Memorial

182 Central over Castle

195 MD over Memorial

220 MD over Castle

285 Memorial over Harrison

Only one weight class with neither Castle nor MD.  This year I am predicting Castle or MD are in every finals.  I have MD winning 106, 113, 120, 132, 138, 145, 160, 220 and 285.  Castle winning 126, 152, 195. Central winning 182.  170?

24 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

I would say if Lichlyter of Memorial is wrestling 285 then I'd pick him to win it.  If he goes 220, how does Castle's 220 measure up?

Has Boots left the 220 field?  

I look to Central to win an upper weight or two.   Memorial at 285...Castle should show well at up and down the weights.  

I still say MD wins it...But I am not ready to lock in 10 champs just yet.  A few questions between 145 and 220 for me in their line up.   Can they do it?  Yes.  Will They?

Just a guess due to not knowing exactly  where some guys may be. 

106-Ross(EMD) over Boyd(Harrison)

113-Boarman(EMD) over Casebolt(Ca)

120-Egli(EMD) over Hunt(Ca)

126-Willis(Ca) over Egli(EMD)

132-Dicken(EMD) over Hartz(Ca)

138-Lee(EMD) over Kincaid(Ca)

145-Fitts(EMD) over Freeman(Ca)

152-Deters(Ca) over Parkinson(EMD)

160-Weidner(EMD) over ?

170-Kemper(ce) over Reich(Re)

182-Guerrier(Ce) over Nunn(Ca)

195-open but give edge to Rolley(Ca)

220-Lichlyter(Me) over Boots(EMD)

285-Who wants it more Ohlsen(Me) or Graves(EMD)

subject to change after brackets released. 

By the way, where has Bealmer(Ca) been all year. He was impressive last year. 

Edited by 1prouddad

2 minutes ago, Fabio Jr. said:

Can some one in the know down there message me and let me know what weight Lichlyter is going for the state series? I have had so many different people tell me things I need solid info on where to put him in the rankings 

I can see 113, 120, and yes 138 going to Castle.   145, 160, and 170 are pretty open to whomever is healthy and wants to put in the work to win it.   182 and 220 are really the only upper weights I seem that have solid favorites in place for that fact.

This all assumes the kids ever get back into school so we can actually have the meet.

2 minutes ago, SouthSideJimmy said:

I can see 113, 120, and yes 138 going to Castle.   145, 160, and 170 are pretty open to whomever is healthy and wants to put in the work to win it.   182 and 220 are really the only upper weights I seem that have solid favorites in place for that fact.

This all assumes the kids ever get back into school so we can actually have the meet.

Backtothemat, how did Casebolt fare against Boarman in the first match up. That's if they even faced each other. I don't see Kincaid hanging with Lee at 138 either. 

10 hours ago, backtothemat said:

9-5 Boarman if memory serves. But that was with a late takedown by Casebolt. 

5 point throw off for Boarman in the first to start the scoring at Jasper.  After that an even match. This one is a push, could be Match of the day in the SIAC

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.