Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Numchuck Skills

Favorite Excuses

Recommended Posts

Had a kid weigh out the night before 1-1.5 under weight. Check weight before leaving for tournament the following day he’s 2 pounds over. Said he had some “water.” We find out later “water” means a hamburger for dinner and eggs for breakfast!

 

Same tournament, had a kid overweight by .1 and had a bunch of family travel to this tournament. We find out he ate a foot long sub and plenty of peanut m&m’s after practice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ehscoachdavis said:

Had a kid weigh out the night before 1-1.5 under weight. Check weight before leaving for tournament the following day he’s 2 pounds over. Said he had some “water.” We find out later “water” means a hamburger for dinner and eggs for breakfast!

 

Same tournament, had a kid overweight by .1 and had a bunch of family travel to this tournament. We find out he ate a foot long sub and plenty of peanut m&m’s after practice!

So you are saying he missed weight and his family made the drive for nothing??? Or did he end up making weight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Josephfloyd said:

Had a kid miss practice because he was trying out for a modeling gig. 

I think it would depend on if he got the gig or not on how bad I'd make fun of him. If he didnt then id roast him all day. If he did then I really couldn't say much and wouldnt blame him for going because all hed have to say is something like "just because you are so ugly and can't get a modeling gig does t mean you have to be jealous of me getting one" lol then hed be able to drop the mic and id never be able to say a bad word again to him ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Josephfloyd said:

Had a kid miss practice because he was trying out for a modeling gig. 

Yeah lost a varsity guy from a meet once cause they needs him as a lifer for some traveling cheer team.  If he didn’t go they wouldn’t have enough boys there to be in their specific coed division ao they could get a win and would be put in the somewhat larger/more competitive all girls division.   We FF the weight class, and he had a good amount of making up to do for that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Josephfloyd said:

Had a kid miss practice because he was trying out for a modeling gig. 

Heard West Lafayette had a kid not go to conference because a dance choreographer was coming to town that day to hold a clinic or something lol.

It was my mom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a kid burn his mom's house down and he was arrested so he didn't make it to practice. Head coach still tries to convince me it was my fault because i moved practice time ahead an hour (Christmas break morning practice) and he didn't want to get out of bed so he started the house on fire. Seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Honyock said:

We had a kid burn his mom's house down and he was arrested so he didn't make it to practice. Head coach still tries to convince me it was my fault because i moved practice time ahead an hour (Christmas break morning practice) and he didn't want to get out of bed so he started the house on fire. Seriously.

Did he make the next practice?? :)

Phil Cook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Did he have one bottle or one 6 pack.

one 64 oz bottle of gatorade weighs approx 4lbs... sounds like legit excuse... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a kid weigh in, was 2.5 under day before sectionals. Shows up right before bus leaves Saturday, he told me weight was good. Was 1 over at weigh in. I asked him what he had eaten, said small bit of chicken and water. I kept pushing him, he said the chicken was wings from BWW's and he thought it would be ok to eat wings since they were small.

Had a kid come up to me and say that he hit his toe in the locker room on a stool, told him that was a stubbed toe and it happens all the time. He said it hurt too bad to wrestle, missed two weeks of practice before he felt it was ok to go. Same kid came up to me few weeks later, after toe, said he had to leave practice 20 minutes early. i asked why, "I have to get a haircut coach.' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Numchuck Skills said:

Had a kid miss sectionals because he was taking a dump and hit his head on the toilet. Concussion. No sectionals.

Aww Numchuck,   Trying to avoid the visual in my head on this one. Did you avoid the temptation in asking about details how that one happened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We left a kid at Tournament of Champions one year b/c we had all made weight and he hadn't, we all go eat and come back and our coach has him check his weight....he had gained weight since we left. Come to find out he was getting a drink every lap b/c he was thirsty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×