Undefeated????

ontherise219

19 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Winning a state title with an undefeated record is a big deal. Shows dominance! Although, even with a few losses it’s still great. Just that 0 is a big deal, to me anyways. 

Id love to see four undefeated wrestlers face off in the semi finals of state! I believe it’s only happened a few times. 

I completely agree, on the contrary however, I think it's cool to see a wrestler with many loses win state, I think that shows they are the most dedicated than anything else

Edited by 84headhunter
Typo

I think the most awesome part of this post is the absence of 126lb'ers.  Deepest class in the state in my opinion......and all of them are banging each other up!  As partial as I am to 182......it's going to be special watching the adjustments these guys make, and the guts they show in their pursuit of the podiums peak!!!

17 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

I do think being undefeated this far in to the season is a great accomplishment 

If they have faced top talent there is no doubt it is a great accomplishment; if you haven't faced any wrestler ranked in the State or even the SS it is slightly devalued.

2 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

What about the kids beaten by non Indiana kids ? Lol 

That what matters right ? Lol :ph34r: 

I thought about that..i didn't wanna post that and ppl say I'm calling a guy unbeatable since I said it would take a Herculean effort from a in state kid to beat certain people. 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

14 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I thought about that..i didn't wanna post that and ppl say I'm calling a guy unbeatable since I said it would take a Herculean effort from a in state kid to beat certain people. 

Until someone beats them from Indiana they still unbeaten in Indiana . IMO 

15 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Until someone beats them from Indiana they still unbeaten in Indiana . IMO 

I don't believe this type of thinking is prevalent though.  I commend the individuals who have wrestled outside of our state but a loss is a loss.  IMO

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

With that said, a loss to a nationally ranked top 10 wrestler is...a very very good loss lol. 

I am 100% positive when a wrestler wins vs an out of state opponent (ranked or not) they INCLUDE them in their record.  You can't have it both ways.

1 hour ago, Indysportsfan said:

I am 100% positive when a wrestler wins vs an out of state opponent (ranked or not) they INCLUDE them in their record.  You can't have it both ways.

I would like to hear #TheBobby’s opinon on this issue since he just moved here and can give us that out of state perspective. 

BobbyWrestler let’s hear it...

Edited by Mattyb

The topic does not say " who us undefeated versus indiana opponents only" to say an out of state loss is insane. Alot of wrestlers I know have like a third of their wins against out of state opponent's. They wrestle alot of Kentucky teams like St.X, Trinity,Oldham County and Etc. What does it matter if a kid loses to a out of state wrestler or not? That's kind of like a 1a school not counting losses against a 4a school(not really the same thing but you get the point lol) The only argument I can understand about a wrestler with a loss making is if a wrestler goes up a weight class to wrestle someone that weighs more than him. Then yes he has a loss but he is undefeated in a certain weight class. Now IMO that 1 loss to a great out of state wrestler does a whole lot more for you then an easy or dominant win against an in state wrestler. 

On 1/12/2018 at 5:15 PM, Mattyb said:

I would like to hear #TheBobby’s opinon on this issue since he just moved here and can give us that out of state perspective. 

BobbyWrestler let’s hear it...

You ask and you shall receive.

It's pretty simple in my opinion, if a kid is 5-0 and loses then the kid is 5-1, no matter if the lose occurs in CA, KY, or Planet Mars!

On 1/12/2018 at 10:18 AM, navy80 said:

Winning a state title with an undefeated record is a big deal. Shows dominance! Although, even with a few losses it’s still great. Just that 0 is a big deal, to me anyways. 

Id love to see four undefeated wrestlers face off in the semi finals of state! I believe it’s only happened a few times. 

I agree with this but,

Correct me if I am wrong in Indiana there's no seeding criteria going into the last tournament to determine who is the best. Therefore wins and loses mean nothing, everything is practice up-to the big dance. 

5 minutes ago, bulldogdadjm said:

106 - Harrison Hadley - Lapel

I met this young man last Spring and I have been trying to find results on his progress.  In the rankings I only see 1 (9-3 dec over Boots).  Is that his biggest win and who else has he defeated that is ranked in their SS?  Thank you.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, BobbyWrestler said:

You ask and you shall receive.

It's pretty simple in my opinion, if a kid is 5-0 and loses then the kid is 5-1, no matter if the lose occurs in CA, KY, or Planet Mars!

This is almost genius level thinking and commenting !!!!   Good Job BW !!!!   keep this kind of stuff up and you may get an honorary #TheCounty sponsored social membership !!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.