Hoosier Hills Conference

TripleB

Seeds show:

1 Col. East  

2. Floyd Central

3. Jeffersionville slightly over Madison

This used to be a good preview of how the Jeffersonville Regional would play out.   However, the recent sectional shift has put an end to the HHC Part 2 battle.  

I think it has 14 state qualifiers with a possible 3 state champs. The ℅ beside name is how confident I am.

Alstott (75℅)

Spears (50℅)

Antunez (40℅)

C.Rooks (98℅)(possible champ) (40℅)

G.Rooks (100℅)(possible champ) (55℅)

Craig(40℅)

Combest (85℅)(possible champ)(35℅)

Sellmer(83℅)

Schoenegge(65℅)

South(75℅)

Fuller(65℅)

Mosely(75℅)

Spiller(50℅)

Sonner(90℅)

Don’t see a lot of good finals matches here, honestly:

132 Rooks will win, but Craig will keep it close. 

145 Sellmer v Schoenegge will be very good. 

152 is the first fairly open competitive class. 

170 is decent as well, but Fuller will be the odds on favorite. 

182 Spiller v Mosley will be excellent again (watched their 1pt finals match at Mater Dei Hoilday Classic).

220 and 285 are the only other weight classes that look to be wide open.

I’d still love to be there for the finals though!

I'm really interested in seeing how the sellmer and schoenegge match goes. I know sellmer is the better wrestler and has beat him several times in the past, but this is his first test of the year. I have both of them returning to the bank this year, so this could end up being the match of the day. 

1 hour ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

I'm really interested in seeing how the sellmer and schoenegge match goes. I know sellmer is the better wrestler and has beat him several times in the past, but this is his first test of the year. I have both of them returning to the bank this year, so this could end up being the match of the day. 

Definitely the match of the day for me also a good one for me is Craig and Big Rooks.

25 minutes ago, RichardMowery said:

Definitely the match of the day for me also a good one for me is Craig and Big Rooks.

I just don't think so. I think it's a very bad matchup for Craig. I like Craig alot. I have him punching his ticket this year, I just don't see very many ways that he can score on Rooks. I'm thinking maybe 5-0 or possibly 7-0. 

12 minutes ago, MitchRobb said:

Rooks beat Craig 3-0 at regional last year.Dalton Craig is good enough to get a medal at state. Rooks is good enough to win it all this year

That's exactly how I feel.. nothing against Craig but I just think Rooks controls the match and would be surprised if Craig scored more than a point if that. Rooks just doesn't make many mistakes and if you don't take him down you have no chance because you more than likely aren't gonna get out from bottom and probably not gonna hold him down either.

12 hours ago, MitchRobb said:

Just hope it doesn't snow to much

I hope the conference waits until Saturday to make a informed decision this year.. Last year’s decision on Friday was definitely premature.. 

Overall the conference does a good job on these types of decisions but there is not  alot of time to make this up before sectionals.. Safety comes first before schedule consideration, I understand.                     Good luck to all of the schools and wrestlers!!

2 hours ago, JC3390 said:

Jennings County has already canceled school for Friday January 12th. 

I hope the conference  makes a good decision Saturday morning and not a repeat of last year , it was canceled on Friday for no reason on Saturday, I don’t even think it rained last year but let’s see if they learned anything.. 

10 minutes ago, TripleB said:

HHC Cancelled. Not a local call. I think preliminary plan is next Saturday at Jeffersonville.  

Thanks for the update.  There goes another week of me not making it to a HS event I’ll be in Elementery-land again.  At least I’ll get the state tournament series. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.