Cathedral vs Perry

Indysportsfan

12 hours ago, navy80 said:

Why did Cathedral FF to Fair?

Usually when you have a stud wrestler at a weight its not about a win or a lose its about BONUS POINTS.  This was a good call because at 126 Cathedrals wrestler pinned the Perry wrestler with around 20 seconds to go in the 2nd. The officials ruled this OB and didn't even award 2 TD.  Another example of the toilet bowl officiating in this match. How about College out of Bounds Rules Indiana?

46 minutes ago, BobbyWrestler said:

Usually when you have a stud wrestler at a weight its not about a win or a lose its about BONUS POINTS.  This was a good call because at 126 Cathedrals wrestler pinned the Perry wrestler with around 20 seconds to go in the 2nd. The officials ruled this OB and didn't even award 2 TD.  Another example of the toilet bowl officiating in this match. How about College out of Bounds Rules Indiana?

I would like college out of bound rules too.  But Indiana is NFHS rules just like every other state.  Indiana wont change that until NFHS does. I wasn't sure on some calls as it was hard to see details on video on my smart phone,  so Im not criticizing.

JMILL prediction was almost as spot on as this broadcast !!!   Great job by both guys.  Certainly made the already exciting dual more exciting.  I will dig up some ISWA shirts for you guys to wear on next broadcast........LOL  !!!     #TheCounty   #PainTrain

4 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

To be honest I was watching from home and could not tell if it was or wasn’t a takedown from my view. I was just curious.... didn’t mean to start a quality of ref debate. Seems to be mixed opinions.

Right on! I hate to bash the officials but man they have to do better, especially when its about TD points, these are the easy ones.  Both kids appear to be tough wrestlers and hats off to them both for battling right to the end.  Both should be proud! 

18 minutes ago, BobbyWrestler said:

Where did you see the new rules?  I was unaware? 

I think it's college only and I'm guessing w/ a verbal notification and a 3 count maybe it wouldn't have been a takedown - 

"When in the neutral position, the referee will verbally announce a danger signal to wrestlers who expose their shoulders to the mat at any angle less than 90 degrees. The verbal announcement will be followed by an audible three-count. If the referee reaches the third count and the wrestler is still in the danger zone, the opposing wrestler is awarded a takedown."

2 minutes ago, TripleB said:

I think it's college only and I'm guessing w/ a verbal notification and a 3 count maybe it wouldn't have been a takedown - 

"When in the neutral position, the referee will verbally announce a danger signal to wrestlers who expose their shoulders to the mat at any angle less than 90 degrees. The verbal announcement will be followed by an audible three-count. If the referee reaches the third count and the wrestler is still in the danger zone, the opposing wrestler is awarded a takedown."

Its not the new rule in high school, so irrelevant to this match.  I didn't see control in the scramble situation,  both wrestlers had each others ankles.  No Takedown and a good job in discussion with asst ref.

1 hour ago, TripleB said:

Yes that is college only it might make its way down at somepoint though it's supposed to discourage ankle scrambles to force so many stalemates 

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

Btw.... how bout #TheBobby coming to Indiana, seeing first Indiana wrestling action, and finding this board to voice some strong opinions! 

We got a tough new poster!!!! 

It's easy to argue when the facts are on your side.  Is this not the board to talk about all things high school wrestling as they say?  Also any other good matches coming up I could go see? 

1 hour ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Its not the new rule in high school, so irrelevant to this match.  I didn't see control in the scramble situation,  both wrestlers had each others ankles.  No Takedown and a good job in discussion with asst ref.

Thank you for clearing that up. Control occurred when the top wrestler stopped the bottom wrestler and had 1 hand on the mat, 1 hand on the leg, and the bottom wrestlers arm trapped with his leg. see rule below

(5-25-1) There is control by the wrestler on top even thought the hands of the opponent are locked around a leg. The top wrestler has his opponent off the base and is hip to hip

6 minutes ago, BobbyWrestler said:

It's easy to argue when the facts are on your side.  Is this not the board to talk about all things high school wrestling as they say?  Also any other good matches coming up I could go see? 

PM wrestles a rematch with #1 Brownsburg Tuesday @Brownsburg

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

Btw.... how bout #TheBobby coming to Indiana, seeing first Indiana wrestling action, and finding this board to voice some strong opinions! 

We got a tough new poster!!!! 

And went as far as creating a brand new email address just for this lovely website.

12 minutes ago, BobbyWrestler said:

HaHa, I don't know Geno but I'm sure he is a wrestling genius in his own right :)

Geno Mosconi, the youngest of the Mosconi boys!  You should say hi next time you're witnessing some "Indiana wrestling action", he will be around cheering on his bros!^_^

6 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

And went as far as creating a brand new email address just for this lovely website.

I had to. Only other email addresses I own are for work. Wouldn't ever put any personal information on forums duh... And when you don't have the facts on your side you attack the person.

With your sarcasm are you saying the officials were good? And that the discussion is a bad one?  

14 minutes ago, BobbyWrestler said:

Thank you for clearing that up. Control occurred when the top wrestler stopped the bottom wrestler and had 1 hand on the mat, 1 hand on the leg, and the bottom wrestlers arm trapped with his leg. see rule below

(5-25-1) There is control by the wrestler on top even thought the hands of the opponent are locked around a leg. The top wrestler has his opponent off the base and is hip to hip

There where a couple of situations,  are you talking about the one at the end of the match.     Because, they weren't hip to hip.   I would call it nose to ankle.

1 minute ago, brodygrant said:

Geno Mosconi, the youngest of the Mosconi boys!  You should say hi next time you're witnessing some "Indiana wrestling action", he will be around cheering on his bros!^_^

I get it.  A kid having some fun.  Are there a lot of kids posting on here? I was hoping this was legit and love weighing in with other wrestling fans!! Not to say kids don't know wrestling just typically biases. 

5 minutes ago, BobbyWrestler said:

I had to. Only other email addresses I own are for work. Wouldn't ever put any personal information on forums duh... And when you don't have the facts on your side you attack the person.

With your sarcasm are you saying the officials were good? And that the discussion is a bad one?  

I find it hard to believe you didn't have a personal email address beforehand for things such as Amazon, online shopping, banking account information, or anything else that you could have signed up for.

You can go to the pinned topic on how to become a referee if you know all the rules. We have a shortage of refs and you could help the sport.

1 minute ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

There where a couple of situations,  are you talking about the one at the end of the match.     Because, they weren't hip to hip.   I would call it nose to ankle.

Yes and you are correct but the rule is not literal. But it shows a situation where the bottom wrestler has an ankle, and the top wrestler has more than an ankle like in this scenario. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.