Stealing from rage on the stage

shouldie

Wheeler high school is having senior wrestling night on 1/10/18 at 5:10 pm.  We are stealing the rage on the stage idea from floyd central high school.  Please come out and see the wrestling mat on the auditorium stage.  Looking forward to it.  Should be a great night.  Thanks to all involved.  

1 hour ago, shouldie said:

Wheeler high school is having senior wrestling night on 1/10/18 at 5:10 pm.  We are stealing the rage on the stage idea from floyd central high school.  Please come out and see the wrestling mat on the auditorium stage.  Looking forward to it.  Should be a great night.  Thanks to all involved.  

Well they borrowed the idea from Virginia Tech, so take it and run with it. Hopefully this creates a great crowd atmosphere for your program.  

3 hours ago, shouldie said:

Do this next year and give enough notice and you may actually get Fabio to drive up and stream it live while doing analyst commentary on matches.  He puts out a fantastic product (well except for 1 thing broadcasted from a training academy announcing something super important for #TheCounty & #PainTrain................but my therapist says I have to let go of that and say I forgive you @Fabio Jr.).

The guy is going to do great things over the next few yrs to help grow the sport if he is allowed to do them !!!

That is awesome!  We have tinkered with it the last 2 years and I think we have some changes for next year.  If you have a team Facebook page you can live stream from there as well but there just won't be any commentary.

The one thing we have struggled with is getting the media to our event.  We invite every newspaper in the area and even try some television stations and can't get anyone out.  It's pretty frustrating.

Good luck with your event and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!

Actual main stream media will be difficult we don't get those for our big meets aside from the county paper and occasionally Indy star. And we are a huge school and a highly touted program I think you'll need someone who knows what their doing that can stream it out. I'm hoping by us doing it more of the younger crew who maybe doesn't wanna coach or ref can do stuff like this to grow and help the sport.

8 hours ago, bsisson said:

That is awesome!  We have tinkered with it the last 2 years and I think we have some changes for next year.  If you have a team Facebook page you can live stream from there as well but there just won't be any commentary.

The one thing we have struggled with is getting the media to our event.  We invite every newspaper in the area and even try some television stations and can't get anyone out.  It's pretty frustrating.

Good luck with your event and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!

It’s true, they even brought in me this year and no luck.

Wheeler Wrestling's take on the rage on the stage was a success and fun for all.  Even got some nice media coverage from Jim Peters of NWI times.  Great turnout.  Thanks to both teams for putting on a great event.  

http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-school/wrestling/wheeler-hosts-calumet-in-the-rage-on-the-stage-wrestling/article_2ddbc382-7e2e-5c26-95b8-13bd4203d802.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.