Finishes

1prouddad

1 hour ago, takemtothemat said:

Who's got this on video??

It's on the IHSAA's  CD of the finals for 2006.  Same year Javiar Salas his the fireman's on Blake Harner, and the same year Pat Day and Cody Johnson had the throwing contest.  Great year.

4 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Yep, MFF in the semis against Elliot Molloy and for 3rd/4th against David Lewis of TH South.  Landing in 4th earned him a Friday night match against Chad Red after the infamous "oops, those weren't the right brackets" snafu

What he said^

4 hours ago, HighCrotchNinja said:

How about the heavyweight 3rd place match last year? Less then 15 seconds (give or take) left, Samuels cuts Clark, now trailing by 1, then takes him down at the buzzer.  

That may be one of the most exciting overall 3rd periods I've ever seen lol especially 2 heavyweights just cuttin loose and goin at it like they were 

2 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

It was a stack in 1999...and Ramos had to come back in that match to win because Bradbury threw him to his back. Great match ill never forget!

It was a great match.  I really thought Bradbury had him.

On 1/8/2018 at 6:26 PM, warsawwrestling said:

My favorite finish, but I'm bios........

The Warsaw wrestler rallied in the final seconds to earn a thrilling victory in the IHSAA State Finals at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

Hatch, a WCHS freshman, posted an incredible come from behind 13-12 win by decision over Lakeland senior Lukas Long in first-round action in the 106-pound weight class.

Hatch, who rallied from being down 7-1, avenged a loss to Lukas earlier this season to move into quarterfinal action Saturday morning.

“It was just fantastic,” said Warsaw coach Justin Smith about the win in a phone interview Friday night. “It seemed like the whole arena was watching this match. I know this one will stick in my mind forever.”

Hatch trailed 9-3 entering the third and final period. He got three takedowns to pull within 12-10 late in the match before getting the final three points in the final few seconds on a stalling call on Long and a final takedown just before the match concluded for the 13-12 victory.

“Everyone, including us knew the score and that Kyle had won 13-12,” recounted Smith. “But, Kyle thought at first it was 12-12 and he went back to the center ready for overtime. He then found out he had won and was jumping up and down and screaming like the rest of us.”

He shot 4 sweeps back and forth, back and forth till he chopped the tree down. The crowd went wild. One of the few matches I don't have on tape, because ISHAA was supposed to tape it and they didn't. The company that did it for them no longer exist and I haven't been able to find a copy.

I would consider this..... My LEAST favorite finish... haha #Gased

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.