Nick Lee - Southern Scuffle

Rumors abound in State College that Nick is likely to have his redshirt pulled.  He is wrestling unattached today in the Southern Scuffle, but Penn State's whole team is competing, including their standing 141 lber Jared Cortez.  

Lee won his first two matches decisively, with a TF over Garrett O'Shea of the Air Force Academy and a Fall over former IHPO competitor Evan Cheek, of Cleveland State.  He is in the quarterfinals set to face Russell Rohlfing of Cal-State Bakersfield.  Rohlfiing was a 2017 NCAA Qualifier and finished 6th at the Midlands Championships last year, dropping 7-5 decisions to both Chad Red and Kanen Storr in the consolation bracket.  If he can get by the #4 seed Rohlfing, #1 seed and former IHPO Champ Josh Alber will likely await.

Edited by SWINfan
added info

What a crazy match!

The FloArena Dashboard showed Alber getting 2 at :09 left and a 6-5 lead. Was listening to the PSU feed and it was 20-30 seconds behind. I was disappointed and begging for Lee to escape to force OT and all of a sudden the broadcaster goes crazy on the feed describing Lee's counter throw and fall. So I went from thinking he was about to lose to Boom! Damn, Flo, about caused a heart attack.

Lee gets Oklahoma State (unattached ) Kaden Gfeller in the final tonight.  I can't find any matches between the two.  

A couple of notes I picked up on the PSA broadcast:
- Nick is 14-2
so far on the year.  His two losses came to #1 ranked Yianni Diakomihalis 12-7 and to #9 ranked Brock Zacherl 6-4.
- All 14 of his wins have produced bonus points with 4 Pins, 6 TF and 4 Majors.
- Before the Scuffle, it was rumored Lee may have his redshirt pulled.  It seems an almost certainty now as Jared Cortez had to default out of the tourney.  His injury was described as possibly severe as he had to be helped off the mat, not able to put any pressure on his ankle.  Apparently he hurt it in the final seconds of a match and was able to hold on for a 6-3 win.  

Can't upload the file, but below is a link to a cool gif of Lee's throw and pin.  Watch how he hooks the inside leg, giving him the leverage he needed to complete the move.  Very impressive!

Note: Created and originally posted by LemonPie of PSU's Rivals Wrestling Board, bwiillustrated.com.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fjugWHwQSf5bNrU0JsMaux-aNqCm6Da3/view?usp=sharing

Permissions for viewing should be granted.