Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Perseverance

The Spartan Classic

Recommended Posts

Team list......and some potential match-ups.

Carmel
Crown Point
BeechGrove
Shenandoah 
Fishers
East Noble
Batesville
Benton Central
Jay County 
Roncalli 
Franklin County
Lebanon
Greenfield Central
Valpo 
Richmond
Connersville
Greensburg
FW Northside
FW Snider 
Rushville
Shelbyville 
Daleville 
Centerville
Hagerstown 
Eastern Hancock
Cambridge City Lincoln 
Eastern (Pakin)
Northeastern 
Oldenburg Academy 
Southern Wells
Union County
Western Boone 

 

126lbs- Will likely feature a #6 Viduya vs #8 Smiley rematch.  #11 Kelly from CP is someone to take seriously as well. 

132lbs-#5 Freije......#8 Noehre.....#16 Phillips.

138lbs-#16 Strueder........Dembowski from Valpo....Pugsley (Doah)....Burford (CP)......Moore (B Grove)....Frichtner (S Wells).  Guys looking to climb, or find themselves back in the rankings!

145lbs-Another possible rematch....#9 Lohrey vs #10 Noehre.  Humbert from Franklin Co & Redd from Connersville are ones to watch as well. 

160lbs-Features some likely Bankers Life match-ups!  #3 Kasch.....#5 Winner.....#8 Eitlegeorge!  All hailing from different semi-states.  Definitely going to be a fun weight class!

170lbs- #8 Lowe......#14 Trafiancanti.....Tucker Coffman.....Logan Hart.

182lbs-#4 Allred......#9 Mahan......#14 Potosky.

195lbs-#8 Goforth......#11 Hansen.....a VERY capable Bohman from Franklin Co as well!

These are just some potential match-ups that I personally have a lot of interest in.  Countless other state ranked & semi-state ranked wrestlers in every weight class.  Feel free to drop predictions, others wrestlers to watch, or potential big match-ups in weight classes I didn't mention!  Always a great couple days, and awesome wrestling atmosphere at the Spartan!!!

Edited by Perseverance
Additional info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brodygrant said:

Indian Creek will not be there this year, kind of sad about it cause we always seem to enjoy this tournament.  Good luck to all the wrestlers this year.

Glad to see Silas back out there wrestling at Team State!

 

Hate to hear that brother.  Continued health/success to you and Grant this season!

Appreciate the kind words about Silas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Perseverance said:

I'll hook ya up brother.  I'll try to send before/after Fri.  Then final brackets Sat.

 

You sir will now be known as The Saint of Connorsville.  Can’t wait for the town to get the internet and learn of the wonders of track wrestling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

You are a brave soul! Your generosity will be cheered by millions of wrestling fans throughout the state.

Shouldn't be too tough to take a pic.  Admittedly......final bracket may be tough.  But in the event they don't update champs on public bracket......Ill just message you the winners.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MattM said:

You sir will now be known as The Saint of Connorsville.  Can’t wait for the town to get the internet and learn of the wonders of track wrestling.  

Ironically......we asked tourney directors last year about that specific scenario. They voiced that issue isn't because they don't desire it.  It's that the Spartan Bowl itself lacks the reception and electrical capabilities for a trustworthy run at it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Branden McKinney said:

When is the seeding meeting?

They don't seed wrestlers.  Honestly has been a travesty for some kids.  But......that's all part of the Spartan I suppose.  I've seen the 2 top state ranked guys in a bracket face each other much earlier than they should.  In fact, my son beat a young man last year in the quarters that would've easily came out the other side of the bracket.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Perseverance said:

Team list......and some potential match-ups.

Carmel
Crown Point
BeechGrove
Shenandoah 
Fishers
East Noble
Batesville
Benton Central
Jay County 
Roncalli 
Franklin County
Lebanon
Greenfield Central
Valpo 
Richmond
Connersville
Greensburg
FW Northside
FW Snider 
Rushville
Shelbyville 
Daleville 
Centerville
Hagerstown 
Eastern Hancock
Cambridge City Lincoln 
Eastern (Pakin)
Northeastern 
Oldenburg Academy 
Southern Wells
Union County
Western Boone 

 

126lbs- Will likely feature a #6 Viduya vs #8 Smiley rematch.  #11 Kelly from CP is someone to take seriously as well. 

132lbs-#5 Freije......#8 Noehre.....#16 Phillips.

138lbs-#16 Strueder........Dembowski from Valpo....Pugsley (Doah)....Burford (CP)......Frichtner (S Wells).  Guys looking to climb, or find themselves back in the rankings!

145lbs-Another possible rematch....#9 Lohrey vs #10 Noehre.  Sego from Indian Creek & Redd from Connersville are ones to watch as well. 

160lbs-Features some likely Bankers Life match-ups!  #3 Kasch.....#5 Winner.....#8 Eitlegeorge!  All hailing from different semi-states.  Definitely going to be a fun weight class!

170lbs- #8 Lowe......#14 Trafiancanti.....Tucker Coffman.....Logan Hart.

182lbs-#4 Allred......#9 Mahan......#14 Potosky.

195lbs-#8 Goforth......#11 Hansen.....a VERY capable Bohman from Franklin Co as well!

These are just some potential match-ups that I personally have a lot of interest in.  Countless other state ranked & semi-state ranked wrestlers in every weight class.  Feel free to drop predictions, others wrestlers to watch, or potential big match-ups in weight classes I didn't mention!  Always a great couple days, and awesome wrestling atmosphere at the Spartan!!!

Coffman going 170 this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Perseverance said:

They don't seed wrestlers.  Honestly has been a travesty for some kids.  But......that's all part of the Spartan I suppose.  I've seen the 2 top state ranked guys in a bracket face each other much earlier than they should.  In fact, my son beat a young man last year in the quarters that would've easily came out the other side of the bracket.  

My son wrestled that hare kid at cia over at delta 3 years ago..man..he put on some weight 

Edited by jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jason said:

Coffman going 170 this year?

Seems to be.  From all I've gathered Tucker is rolling at 170. In fact....he's even bumped up to 182 for better opponents in certain duals.  Admittedly......haven't spoken to him or his dad in awhile.  Would it shock me if he ends up at 160 before its all said and done......absolutely not.  That's a kid who gets better at National events just because of his ability to roll with great partners at open rooms.  Awesome young man off the mat as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.