Sign in to follow this  
Perseverance

The Spartan Classic

23 minutes ago, bwoodjc89 said:

Gaven Hare wrestled 195 as a freshman, 220 as a sophomore and junior and now 220 as a senior as well so I’m confused. He hasn’t really gained any significant weight over the last 3 years. 

I'm confident it was an honest mistake on Jason's end. Appreciate the additional info for his benefit.  

11 hours ago, infowrestling said:

3 years ago, Gaven Hare wrestled 195...............you must be thinking about a different fella

Maybe it was ostroski...i seen hare at ecic...looked like the same kid...it was winner and another bigger fella..182 at least..from jay county...they were both 8th graders at the time..winner was a.7th grader 

Edited by jason

1 hour ago, jason said:

Maybe it was ostroski...i seen hare at ecic...looked like the same kid...it was winner and another bigger fella..182 at least..from jay county...they were both 8th graders at the time..winner was a.7th grader 

Yep, probably Ostrowski

Crown Point is looking forward to the trip down 65 today and two great days of wrestling for the first time at the Spartan Classic.....Will be GREAT to see some different faces and meet new wrestling fans!

29 minutes ago, 1981cam said:

Any big match-ups at hwt?

State ranked # 3 Dakota Ault from FW Northside.....#10 Jack Williams from Carmel.  Also NC semi-state #4 Isaiah Greene (Beech Grove), East Chi semi-state #7 Michael Foster (Crown Point).....as well as FW semi-state #4 Will Swartz (FW Snider).  Looks to be another solid weight class. 

Edited by Perseverance

19 hours ago, Perseverance said:

A couple sleepers to not overlook is 126-Gabe Phillips from Centerville & 145-Dyllion Humbert from Franklin Co.  Both are very capable of ruining someone's day.

At 126 your sleeper pick will have his chance to be noticed, he has Viduya 1st round 

At 285 EC#7 Mike Foster fall over NC #4 Greene in second round.

And the concession was not serving coffee yesterday Morning. Totally unacceptable..LOL

Should be some good quarters matches this morning.

9 hours ago, Indysportsfan said:

Team scores —

Crown Point 99

Roncalli 94.5

FW Snider 94.5

Carmel 91.5

Fiahers 87.5

Valpo 87.5

Roncalli Rebels hanging tough despite forfeit at 106 and JV wrestlers at 132 and 152. 

Crown Point advance 10 to Semi finals are set. Roncalli is wrestling great. Have no idea what current team score is.

Crown Point has no 120( missed weight) and Jv kid who is doing great at 220

11 minutes ago, Cosgrove said:

I know right!! I have to wait for text messages from other coaches and wrestlers 

It's sucks because this use to be one of the best tournaments around but it has fell behind big time with no coverage