Remember that one time....

ontherise219

7 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

When we had that 10 page post debating if Perry meridian should be invited to team state?? 

Just to clarify..there was never any debate among anyone that saw the resume of what they were bringing up from the JV and 8th grade ranks to fill in for their 9 lost seniors.

Edited by maligned

26 minutes ago, maligned said:

Just to clarify..there was never any debate among anyone that saw the resume of what they were bringing up from the JV and 8th grade ranks to fill in for their 9 lost seniors.

Where is this at? I’d like to go back and read it!

Credentials of 15 of the guys PM used yesterday (as written by their coaching staff last spring about their credentials thru last season...all credentials confirmed during selection process):

Cottey, multiple time triple crown, several national placements
Kung, 2nd frosh/soph state, beat SQ Petro-CG a couple weeks ago
Fair, 5th at high school state in ’15-16, injured at SS this year

Sturgis, 8-3 varsity record with a win over a SQ
Zepeda, 13-3 varsity record
Warren, triple crown winner, several national placements, beat high school state 7th place Culp at Disney
Lowery, 12-2 varsity record, multiple SSQ and ticket-round wins between high school and ISWA folkstyle state
Servies, high school state qualifier
Warren, high school state runner-up
Davis, SSQ, beat SQ Padgett of North Central at 160 a few weeks ago
Lane, 16-6 varsity record, 7th at frosh/soph state, Marion Co. frosh champ
Below, 17-4 varsity record, win over a SSQ in-season
Hammond, missed last year due to football, total beast—pinned our 220 SSQ, previous Marion Co. frosh champ; son of PM's first-ever state champ

Rastrelli, 11-1 varsity record

Jones, former MS State champ & Marion Co. frosh champ

1 hour ago, maligned said:

Credentials of 15 of the guys PM used yesterday (as written by their coaching staff last spring about their credentials thru last season...all credentials confirmed during selection process):

Cottey, multiple time triple crown, several national placements
Kung, 2nd frosh/soph state, beat SQ Petro-CG a couple weeks ago
Fair, 5th at high school state in ’15-16, injured at SS this year

Sturgis, 8-3 varsity record with a win over a SQ
Zepeda, 13-3 varsity record
Warren, triple crown winner, several national placements, beat high school state 7th place Culp at Disney
Lowery, 12-2 varsity record, multiple SSQ and ticket-round wins between high school and ISWA folkstyle state
Servies, high school state qualifier
Warren, high school state runner-up
Davis, SSQ, beat SQ Padgett of North Central at 160 a few weeks ago
Lane, 16-6 varsity record, 7th at frosh/soph state, Marion Co. frosh champ
Below, 17-4 varsity record, win over a SSQ in-season
Hammond, missed last year due to football, total beast—pinned our 220 SSQ, previous Marion Co. frosh champ; son of PM's first-ever state champ

Rastrelli, 11-1 varsity record

Jones, former MS State champ & Marion Co. frosh champ

So you are saying there was no debate before all of those teams declined if Perry would be in? 

Scores now updated and finalized through state. A summary of the final results:

East Chicago automatic bid: Portage
Evansville auto bid: Brownsburg
New Castle auto bid: Cathedral
Fort Wayne auto bid: Carroll
Automatic wildcards (6): Avon, Merrillville, Columbus East, Mater Dei, Castle, Penn

Eligible for both vote-in spots: Roncalli, Harrison, Crown Point, Perry Meridian, Chesterton, Center Grove

Return = number of returning starters next season

* = injury or transfer points included

Rank  Score   Return Class 3A Teams

1          257.5   11        Portage

2          251      10        Brownsburg

3          230      11        Indianapolis Cathedral

4          217      11        Avon

5          213.5   10        Merrillville

6          209      14        Columbus East*

7          206.5   9          Evansville Mater Dei

8          199      11        Castle*

9          196      8          Penn

10        195      10        Roncalli

11        189.5   13        Harrison (West Lafayette)

12        189.5   11        Crown Point

13        188      10        Chesterton

14        184.5   5          Perry Meridian

15        183      10        Center Grove

16        170      7          Carroll (Fort Wayne)

I went back and read the archived 12 page post judging by these scorevi do not believe you had Perry as a lock. 

What’s the story on Donnell Washington? Track has him placing and qualifying in Illinois state finals. He sure did pick a good school to transfer to!

Perry only had 5 returning wrestlers from last season??

3 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

Automatic wildcards (6): Avon, Merrillville, Columbus East, Mater Dei, Castle, Penn

Eligible for both vote-in spots: Roncalli, Harrison, Crown Point, Perry Meridian, Chesterton, Center Grove

I went back and read the archived 12 page post judging by these scorevi do not believe you had Perry as a lock. 

Do you remember back in the posts whe two of the state rankers said Harrison didnt belong in team state tournament because they wrestle in a joke regional. Hey Harrison took 9th and got stuck in the toughest pool.  

If were on the renember that one theme, do you remember the members from the Hobart regime saying Harrison sucked, only got in because theyre from a joke regional, and that Harrison would finish last at team state. Well Harrison won a match Brickfor6, and last time i checked, Hobart isnt ranked.  

4 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

I meant that once the process played out the way it's supposed to with all the information available--even with less declined bids--there wouldnt have been a rational way to exclude them. All the jabber right when these scores came out was "it's not automatic...let it play out fairly" or "they don't belong bc I love my hometown team."

8 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

But got smashed by a merrillville team missing 3 starters 

Are you are bragging on a win that center grove ran 2 forfeits out there in the 3A including missing their best wrestler. As I look at it I am shocked center grove was voted in and couldn’t bring a full roster when 1a team brought full teams and back ups 

Edited by ontherise219

25 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Look at comparable scores, and i would say Harrison would have had a shot at Roncalli and Penn.

Compsrasble scores mean nothing in a dual. Look at the semis and finals. It all comes down to match ups. Im sorry you think youre a top 10-12 team but i yet to see it. Good kids solid kids but just not there. Looking over youre schedule there just are not a lot of victories over those people. WE can talk speculation all you want but if the team wants more respect go battle with teams in bottom 10. If it were me Id drop you guys to 20 and move castle who upset Penn. Will you dual any of those guys soon? Ill be happy to be proven wrong but get over the "woe is me" act . You're right Hobart is also not ranked  they have also wrestled 4 top 20 teams this year already not to mention the Al smith is coming so add in Cathedral and Columbus East and Penn. But they are not complaining about how they are treated.

Just my 2 cents I watched most your pool yesterday scouting portage youre on that bubble just not there yet. good luck the rest of the year. McCartney dropping will be a huge boost to an already loaded 120 class.

They need to remember that they may have been there, but they are the team we all used to get some of our varsity 2 guys a match. Full true lineups they barely score.  You wouldn’t get crap about it if your didn’t sit and talk crap.  You have to earn the respect and coming in to semi state 50-0 cause you wreslte no one, doesn’t earn you that respect. I’ll take a region kid or a county kid with a 20-10 record any day! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.