ECIC

DelCo

How is that seeding criteria says winning percentage trumps win total..yet the jay county 160 gets preference..they did the same thing last year for a jay county kid..total bull..home cooking 

Seeding criteria   1. 5 wins toward record?  2. Winning percentage.  3. Total wins

Edited by jason

I can see Young from Muncie Central rolling through 145. Great weight class, however talented ticket rounder is looking great this year.  At 160 I can see Winner putting on a strong showing. 195 could be a great final but see Pease winning. 

2 hours ago, jason said:

That was last year..this is a new year..dont get me.wrong..kid from jay is good..but if.you are going to have seeding criteria then follow it

c. Semi‐State quarterfinalist, or higher in previous year IHSAA Tournament Series;

d. Win percentage. A contestant with the best overall record (winning percentage) who has wrestled at least 10 matches;

This was the seeding criteria that was correctly used in seeding 160

Edited by infowrestling

1 hour ago, infowrestling said:

c. Semi‐State quarterfinalist, or higher in previous year IHSAA Tournament Series;

d. Win percentage. A contestant with the best overall record (winning percentage) who has wrestled at least 10 matches;

This was the seeding criteria that was correctly used in seeding 160

Has had 5 match(es) towards Record
Default Value: No
Sort Descending
Select yes or no from the select box

Record winning percentage
Default Value: 0.000
Sort Descending
Enter the value of (Number of Record wins)/(Total Record matches)

Record wins
Default Value: 0.000
Sort Descending
Enter the number of Record wins

This tournament will also be using head to head competition to seed wrestlers. Coaches will have from 12/18/2017 at 11:01 a.m. until 12/18/2017 at 05:00 p.m. to login and indicate the other 

5 minutes ago, X_R A T E D said:

No matter what the seeds are at ECIC, I can guarantee one thing. At the end of the day, the two best wrestlers of that day will be in the finals and we will see who wins. 

That's a.cop out

2 minutes ago, jason said:

That's a.cop out

If you don’t believe your wrestler can win, then you’re only upset he doesn’t have an easier trip to the finals. If he’s good enough to win, seed shouldn’t matter. 

1 minute ago, Thor said:

If you don’t believe your wrestler can win, then you’re only upset he doesn’t have an easier trip to the finals. If he’s good enough to win, seed shouldn’t matter. 

That's not the point..the point is if you earned a 1 seed then you should get it..there is really no difference or any easier path between a 1 or a 2..i mean Thor don't you know that man?

1 hour ago, jason said:

Yep 

I can't tell whether to take you seriously or if you're trying to be funny. 

Do you understand that the criteria posted on trackwrestling is irrelevant and just a guideline?

Do you understand that they used IHSAA-directed seeding guidelines and seeded the tournament EXACTLY like sectional (which Jay has hosted since 2002)?

Do you understand that they don't really care whether or not you were unaware of the actual seeding guidelines?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.