Jump to content
ontherise219

#13 Crown point vs #19 Hobart 12/19 region sports coverage

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

Cosgrove coaches at CP 

I realize that.  He made a statement that hobart could beat a handfull of teams at team state , and i was just pointing out that castle had already beat them and i assumed emd beat them also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cosgrove said:

Minus 4 of their guys..... ACT tests just saying ;)

It's ok for you to mention guys being out . Do you know how many of Penn"s guys were missing against Mishawaka ? Or at team state ? Just saying

Edited by M109R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, M109R said:

It's ok for you to mention guys being out . Do you know how many of Penn"s guys were missing against Mishawaka ? Or at team state ? Just saying

Penn is on a down year, Hobart vs Penn... Hobart all day! In fact they'd beat Penn, Castle, Carroll, Harrison, and probably a few others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigBruda said:

Penn is on a down year, Hobart vs Penn... Hobart all day! In fact they'd beat Penn, Castle, Carroll, Harrison, and probably a few others.

They need to worry about beating Crown Point first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BigBruda said:

Penn is on a down year, Hobart vs Penn... Hobart all day! In fact they'd beat Penn, Castle, Carroll, Harrison, and probably a few others.

Hobart already got smoked by a team Penn barely lost to . Penn finished ahead of Hobart at the Harvest classic as well . 

Edited by M109R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, M109R said:

Hobart already got smoked by a team Penn barely lost to . Penn finished ahead of Hobart at the Harvest classic as well . 

Yes, with two of their best wrestlers out. They also had 3-5 JV guys in that weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigBruda said:

Yes, with two of their best wrestlers out. They also had 3-5 JV guys in that weekend.

Not worth arguing , It's fair to say Penn vs Hobart would be a good match , but not Hobart all day . Penn was in a State Championship Football game 2 weeks prior to the Harvest Classic . They were without 182,195 and 220 lb starters .Those 3 were a combined 8-1 Sat at team state . 

Edited by M109R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yawnnn move on already, I’m sick of what ifs... and I’m a hobart guy! Quit giving us excuses we need to be a better team (full line up) that’s part of the sport... now let’s move forward from this. Who cares about what ifs... it’s about what will become in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not know what Jimmypock is talking about with Move ins but out of the 14 starters that Crown Point has in the Varsity  line up( which I believe beat his Brickies) all 14 attended Crown Point Elem and Middle schools. So get your facts straight. Move ins, you might want to look to some other DAC schools........

And if people did choose to move to Crown Point, Why wouldn't they. Top tier education that prepares all of our students to be successful in college, great school, great support from administration, great facilities for their student-athlete's, great coaches and GREAT community.....YEAH SOUNDS LIKE A PLACE NO ONE WOULD WANT TO MOVE TO!!!

As for the shaking hands, GET OVER IT.....NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS 15 Year topic anymore!!! And their kids do shake hands at tournaments with other coaches, Just not a duals till it is completed.

Crown point kids have and always will have class. Sure some times in the heat of the battle they may do some dumb stuff but they are kids. And the ones that did stupid stuff that night were addressed by the coaches after the meet. Coach Lorek is a Class act and he does instill that in his athlete's

SO IN THE FUTURE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt I think the home grown comment was in reference to 99 Hobart vs 09 Crown point team. Both are 2 of the best region teams. Crown point is a great place to live. If you are in the region in the summer swing by the square. 

I don’t think anyone needs to shake hands there is enough hand shaking already. 

You cross and shake, shake before the whistle then shake at the end of the dual. I agree with dogs enough with hand shaking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2017 at 1:06 PM, Cosgrove said:

Hobart crown point would both beat Penn this year :D

106- Penn Dec 3-0

113- Penn Dec 6-0

120- Penn Dec 9-0  ( If Triana is at 126 )

126- Hob Dec 9-3

132- Penn Dec 12-3

138- Penn Dec 15-3

145- Penn Dec 18-3

152-Hob Dec 18-6

160-Hob Fall 18-12

170-Hob Fall 18-18

182-Penn Maj Dec 21-18

195- Penn Dec 24-18

220- Penn Dec 27-18

285- Penn Fall 33-18

Penn currently has 9 wrestlers ranked in the East Chicago Semistate compared to 5 for Hobart . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

Yawnnn move on already, I’m sick of what ifs... and I’m a hobart guy! Quit giving us excuses we need to be a better team (full line up) that’s part of the sport... now let’s move forward from this. Who cares about what ifs... it’s about what will become in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

I would say,  Penn might win a close dual match,  but Hobart is going to score a lot more points at the state tournament and semi-state.

Agreed, you only need 2-3 studs to score well at Semistate and State. To win a dual , you need 14 wrestlers . 

Edited by M109R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2017 at 3:30 PM, Cosgrove said:

With their actual starting team they wouldn't lose to them. It would be close but wouldn't lose.

Do they have their "actual starting team" at the Al Smith Invite? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

Do they have their "actual starting team" at the Al Smith Invite? 

Don't know about Hobart , but Penn is without Their 14th ranked 106 lb wrestler again . Wonder what is going on with Hadery . I expect Hobart to make a run tomorrow , as they have 2 guys capable of winning . 

Edited by M109R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, busstogate said:

One guy out has diddly to do with team depth. #diddlydilly

One highly ranked wrestler not in the lineup could be the difference between finishing in the top 5  or 10th . So it does mean something . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2017 at 11:50 PM, Dogs said:

Do not know what Jimmypock is talking about with Move ins but out of the 14 starters that Crown Point has in the Varsity  line up( which I believe beat his Brickies) all 14 attended Crown Point Elem and Middle schools. So get your facts straight. Move ins, you might want to look to some other DAC schools........

And if people did choose to move to Crown Point, Why wouldn't they. Top tier education that prepares all of our students to be successful in college, great school, great support from administration, great facilities for their student-athlete's, great coaches and GREAT community.....YEAH SOUNDS LIKE A PLACE NO ONE WOULD WANT TO MOVE TO!!!

As for the shaking hands, GET OVER IT.....NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS 15 Year topic anymore!!! And their kids do shake hands at tournaments with other coaches, Just not a duals till it is completed.

Crown point kids have and always will have class. Sure some times in the heat of the battle they may do some dumb stuff but they are kids. And the ones that did stupid stuff that night were addressed by the coaches after the meet. Coach Lorek is a Class act and he does instill that in his athlete's

SO IN THE FUTURE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

Hey Dogs get your panties unbunched. I was talking about Portage, you should be just as upset.....how many portage wrestlers are homegrown????

 

EDIT:  stay humble, don't act like a bad sport CP.  Stay classy!

Edited by Jimmypock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×