Takedown Leaders?

TripleB

13 minutes ago, TripleB said:

There's a right and wrong way to cut a kid.

I always preferred to to stick and get....get food.....get girls......get your mom.......6 seconds on the mat at sectionals my junior year, take your 20 takedowns....

Yea ... come State Series it’s Pin, Pin, Pin... until I make that 3hr drive down to #TheDirtySouth for Semi State . I expect my $ Worth back in entertainment/gas from my wrestler, he hasn’t let me down  :D

4 hours ago, buscowrestling said:

I have always thought that cutting kids who are not on your level and repeatedly taking them down is bush league.  We usually do three takedowns/cut then look for the pin in situations like that.  No need to totally decimate the kid.

Sometimes you're the dog sometimes you're the hydrant...I remember angel was one of the first ppl I seen give "tough 1s" ... he would hold his opponents face in the mat and shove them away just you wreck them...I witnessed it  vs my best friend in the 03 finals and it was surreal seeing a guy of that caliber get done like that honestly. 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

4 hours ago, leaveitonthemat said:

Sorry it's kind of off the topic, but have you seen what Austin DeSanto is doing this year as a true freshman?  He is a takedown and cut machine.  I like how when he cuts he remains in contact with a tie that he prefers to immediately go into another takedown.  J. Brooks used to do this and I always thought it was impressive instead of pushing them away. 

Can't believe how he treated micic...micic even looked way bigger

Strange how things play out.  I couldn't sleep and started watching You Tube Videos on my TV.  Started a movie then a stand up act and both  were boring.  I subscribe to USA wrestling and a Jordan Burroughs match showed up in the "recommended" section.  After that, I searched Nick Lee to see if there were any matches from this year I hadn't seen.  There weren't, but I caught a few from last year like his wins over Alan Waters and Shane Mack, and losses to Joey Lazor and Jayson Ness.  Next video came up was Chad Red vs Earl Hall and then, next was Blake Maurer - Four Time Champion, right as I started reading this thread.  About halfway through they showed his career stats.  I'm sure they aren't state records, but they are impressive:

2004 Most Takedows 248; 0 given up

Career Takedowns 841; 13 given up

Career Team Points 1157

Career Record 187 -2 

That's a little beyond the discussion, but it was all there on my screen as I flipped to page 2.  Those #s make me want to see comparables from Brayton Lee and Mason Parris, and Joe Lee if he'd have stuck around this year.  

The Video if anyone wants to check it out - Blake Maurer Four Time Champion

2 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Strange how things play out.  I couldn't sleep and started watching You Tube Videos on my TV.  Started a movie then a stand up act and both  were boring.  I subscribe to USA wrestling and a Jordan Burroughs match showed up in the "recommended" section.  After that, I searched Nick Lee to see if there were any matches from this year I hadn't seen.  There weren't, but I caught a few from last year like his wins over Alan Waters and Shane Mack, and losses to Joey Lazor and Jayson Ness.  Next video came up was Chad Red vs Earl Hall and then, next was Blake Maurer - Four Time Champion, right as I started reading this thread.  About halfway through they showed his career stats.  I'm sure they aren't state records, but they are impressive:

2004 Most Takedows 248; 0 given up

Career Takedowns 841; 13 given up

Career Team Points 1157

Career Record 187 -2 

That's a little beyond the discussion, but it was all there on my screen as I flipped to page 2.  Those #s make me want to see comparables from Brayton Lee and Mason Parris, and Joe Lee if he'd have stuck around this year.  

The Video if anyone wants to check it out - Blake Maurer Four Time Champion

Alex tsirtsis had to. have only maybe got taken down 3x in his highschool career...and I'm not even sure it was that many.. only time I seen Alex look human was when casey shrock rode him a whole period on Friday night in 03 or 04.. 

2 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Alex tsirtsis had to. have only maybe got taken down 3x in his highschool career...and I'm not even sure it was that many.. only time I seen Alex look human was when casey shrock rode him a whole period on Friday night in 03 or 04.. 

Memory is a little fuzzy but I believe Puntillo from Highland scored once or twice on him in a match

1 hour ago, greco165 said:

Memory is a little fuzzy but I believe Puntillo from Highland scored once or twice on him in a match

Hmmm.. The only puntillo It shows in database was wrestling in the 1980s..if Alex did get scored on bya guy that didn't qualify for state that def is a huge shock and I learned something new today.. it shows Benny puntillo was a state champion and runner up 80 and 81.. sounds like he was a bad dude also

1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Hmmm.. The only puntillo It shows in database was wrestling in the 1980s..if Alex did get scored on bya guy that didn't qualify for state that def is a huge shock and I learned something new today.. it shows Benny puntillo was a state champion and runner up 80 and 81.. sounds like he was a bad dude also

Chuck puntillo, don't think he ever made State in the grinder of the region but was a tough kid.

10 hours ago, Fabio Jr. said:

I think Brayton is at 701 and gave up 4 in his career

Didn’t Austin Bethel have 17 or 18 points before he stuck him?  I believe he gave up more than 4 takedowns in that one match. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.