Week of 12/11-12/17

TeamGarcia

Jeffersonville Classic is this weekend.  Not a lot of ranked wrestlers in each weight class but a ton of semi-state caliber kids in each weight.  Some of the top teams:

Bloomington South, South Dearborn, Jennings County, Jeffersonville. KY teams: Oldham County & Trinity. 

You can view rankings for michigan on michiganmat. They are new and their rankings are very similar to that on grappler. Though grappler has updated rankings.

DCC has 16 total ranked wrestlers in division 1, but one of their #1s is ineligible until late January due to transfer. 103(3rd),112(5th),119(1st), 125(4th,7th), 130(3rd,4th), 135(1st ineligible), 140 (1st,8th), 152(1st), 160(7th), 171(6th), 189(9th), 215(4th), 285(5th).

Niles has 4 ranked wrestlers in division 2, including the Franco Brothers. 103(9th), 112(6th), 119(2nd), 145(9th)

Edwardsburg doesn't have any ranked wrestlers.

Just because that is where they are ranked doesn't mean that is where they will wrestle or are wrestling. The rank makers haven't figured it all out as to where people are wrestling, yet. And of course, Michigan weight classes aren't quite the same so there will be some motion is weight location due to that, too.

8 hours ago, CTR said:

You can view rankings for michigan on michiganmat. They are new and their rankings are very similar to that on grappler. Though grappler has updated rankings.

DCC has 16 total ranked wrestlers in division 1, but one of their #1s is ineligible until late January due to transfer. 103(3rd),112(5th),119(1st), 125(4th,7th), 130(3rd,4th), 135(1st ineligible), 140 (1st,8th), 152(1st), 160(7th), 171(6th), 189(9th), 215(4th), 285(5th).

Niles has 4 ranked wrestlers in division 2, including the Franco Brothers. 103(9th), 112(6th), 119(2nd), 145(9th)

Edwardsburg doesn't have any ranked wrestlers.

Just because that is where they are ranked doesn't mean that is where they will wrestle or are wrestling. The rank makers haven't figured it all out as to where people are wrestling, yet. And of course, Michigan weight classes aren't quite the same so there will be some motion is weight location due to that, too.

Definitely will be a chance for our boys to test themselves against some decent competition! Can't wait to see the end results of this weekend's tournament

On 12/13/2017 at 9:53 AM, Y2CJ41 said:

giphy.gif

Not a chance I would pay a penny to see individual rankings for high school wrestling.  What a joke.  Let's face it, rankings are an opinion of one or two people based on records and how they placed last year.  I'm guessing the average fan could figure out the top 10 in each weight class with about the same accuracy.  Don't get me wrong, they are fun to look at and I appreciate the time someone puts into figuring out the rankings.  But to pay for that, aint ever gonna happen.  The one exception to this is the preseason magazine that Indiana puts out.  You are getting a good product with the early rankings, that is a different story.

36 minutes ago, headlock83 said:

Not a chance I would pay a penny to see individual rankings for high school wrestling.  What a joke.  Let's face it, rankings are an opinion of one or two people based on records and how they placed last year.  I'm guessing the average fan could figure out the top 10 in each weight class with about the same accuracy.  Don't get me wrong, they are fun to look at and I appreciate the time someone puts into figuring out the rankings.  But to pay for that, aint ever gonna happen.  The one exception to this is the preseason magazine that Indiana puts out.  You are getting a good product with the early rankings, that is a different story.

Before your panties get into any more of a bundle, there is not a plan to charge for the rankings. 

Secondly, you highly underestimate the work that it takes to do the rankings. There is a lot more work than you can imagine that Mike, Nick, Dane, Howard, and Caleb put in. It seems easy because we put all the information right in front of you such as past placements and significant matches. It is not as easy as those guys make it look.

9 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Before your panties get into any more of a bundle, there is not a plan to charge for the rankings. 

Secondly, you highly underestimate the work that it takes to do the rankings. There is a lot more work than you can imagine that Mike, Nick, Dane, Howard, and Caleb put in. It seems easy because we put all the information right in front of you such as past placements and significant matches. It is not as easy as those guys make it look.

Going off of what Y2 said, there is a lot of hidden work under the hood that does go into rankings. Some of it is cross-referencing matches, for example seeing how Wrestler A should be ranked if he beat Wrestler B, but Wrestler B beat Wrestler C who beat A. Based on scenarios like that, then they got to go then look at each of those wrestlers and see who they beat or lost to, and so forth. Definitely takes a lot of time to do

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Its not really that its insanely hard but to put out the incredible percentages of ranked wrestlers making it to state is really unbelievable and we can easily tell how much time has been put into it. Thanks alot 

2 hours ago, Wrestling Shoe said:

Going off of what Y2 said, there is a lot of hidden work under the hood that does go into rankings. Some of it is cross-referencing matches, for example seeing how Wrestler A should be ranked if he beat Wrestler B, but Wrestler B beat Wrestler C who beat A. Based on scenarios like that, then they got to go then look at each of those wrestlers and see who they beat or lost to, and so forth. Definitely takes a lot of time to do

and to think Nick has to do all of this with taking care of 2 cats, his commitment to streaming his gaming at a high level, writing and recording songs, and dating a super hot girl friend (who he has reportedly kissed)..............all while being the greatest assistant coach Snyder ever had.  How does Nick "superman" Wiesjahn do it ???

3 hours ago, headlock83 said:

Indianamat does a state finals pickems every year and a lot of people submit picks and a lot of average fans can not get the top 10. But we appreciate your opinion 

5 minutes ago, JMILL said:

and to think Nick has to do all of this with taking care of 2 cats, his commitment to streaming his gaming at a high level, writing and recording songs, and dating a super hot girl friend (who he has reportedly kissed)..............all while being the greatest assistant coach Snyder ever had.  How does Nick "superman" Wiesjahn do it ???

You forgot he has to put up with annoying parents of kids that aren't even in high school.

I know a little about DCC and Niles and think I have a feel for Penn.  I really look forward to those match ups. 

If you don't know Coach Hesson from Niles, you are missing out.  He is a true treasure of a coach and person.  Niles always has a tough nosed team of kids who are going to compete hard.  This Niles team might be one of their best in recent years.  Not sure what the score will end up, but it will be a fun match.

DCC is loaded.  I hope they can be challenged and continue to come back.  Even if they sent their second team in the future, they would do very well.  They are a great addition to this dual.  You won't be disappointed by them.

Not too many places in life you can get something of quality for free. Regardless of anyone's opinion of paying for rankings, the fact remains that the rankings are statistically excellent, and it's not an accident. The rankers are very, very invested in the sport and their excellence has already been proven factually

6 hours ago, doctorWrestling said:

I know a little about DCC and Niles and think I have a feel for Penn.  I really look forward to those match ups. 

If you don't know Coach Hesson from Niles, you are missing out.  He is a true treasure of a coach and person.  Niles always has a tough nosed team of kids who are going to compete hard.  This Niles team might be one of their best in recent years.  Not sure what the score will end up, but it will be a fun match.

DCC is loaded.  I hope they can be challenged and continue to come back.  Even if they sent their second team in the future, they would do very well.  They are a great addition to this dual.  You won't be disappointed by them.

We have wrestled Niles the last 5 or 6 years at Penn. Plus the last 2 years at defiance Ohio tournament. Love to watch this team wrestle, they get after it. The coaching staff is a blast to talk to as well. 

6 hours ago, doctorWrestling said:

I remember I went up and did privates at Niles when I got outta college great kids and a great coach. Definitely a guy who gets it

I wasn't lying when I said Penn vs Niles would be fun.  Great match that came down to a late third period takedown between the heavy weights to determine the match.  Was happy to see Niles get that win.  DCC was also as good as expected.  I think I was most impressed by the freshman Wagner from Zionsville at 119.  He had a really good match with Kamali ( committed to wrestle at Virginia ) from DCC and looked ready to go with anyone.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.