Favorite Coach's Quote/Saying

Y2CJ41

"You're brain tells your body what to do!" -me After my wrestler told me he wasn't feeling good before a finals match of a tournament.  My wrestler won, but has an emergency appendectomy that night. (Made it back for State... yikes).

Not sure it was my best moment, but it was true!

On 12/4/2017 at 9:49 AM, TripleB said:

Unnamed coach from southwest Indiana.... "What The F***" over and over and over.....It inspired me at a young age...I now cuss at my elementary boys at least once a week for dramatic effect. 

What about, "If you aren't cheating, you're not trying hard enough."?

On 12/4/2017 at 4:46 PM, MD92 said:

"Hat's on!":  Said by Goebel when drilling was done and it was time to put the head gear on and go live.

"On your backs!"  Said by Goebel at the end of practice.  top man puts bottom man in a pinning combination and bottom man has 30 seconds to get out.  The switch.  Also meant practice was just about over!!

I've worked with a person who thought it was a bad idea to train on our backs.  I don't remember who offered that, which should state how I felt about that pointer and person.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.