New Uniform issues

OK I hate the new uniforms.  We were called for numerous technical violations for "grabbing the uniform" where the shirt sleeve is and where the bottom of the shorts are.  These uniforms were supposed to be "tight fitting" but they are very loose fabric and kids are getting their fingers and hands stuck in them.  I hope they rescind this rule quickly or stop calling the violations due to loose fitting uniforms.  Any one else having this issue?

We did not have any problems at all. Wrestled 5 dual meets and not one violation of any sorts. Uniforms look good as well to the new fan. I asked a few students that were in attendance, who had been to maybe one or two wrestling matches previously, each thought visually the uniforms were much more fan friendly than the singlet. Most said the singlet looked stupid. Just like most of the die hard fans, I love the singlet and have no problem with it, but to the casual fan the new uniform looks much better. 

25 minutes ago, Johnathan Spencer said:

OK I hate the new uniforms.  We were called for numerous technical violations for "grabbing the uniform" where the shirt sleeve is and where the bottom of the shorts are.  These uniforms were supposed to be "tight fitting" but they are very loose fabric and kids are getting their fingers and hands stuck in them.  I hope they rescind this rule quickly or stop calling the violations due to loose fitting uniforms.  Any one else having this issue?

What company did you purchase from?

1 minute ago, blorek said:

Cliff Keen's uniforms look to be pretty good.  We are using our alternate 2 piece tonight v. LaPorte.

How about trying to post a pic of everyone's new 2 piece uni's so we can all see how sweet they look ?

Team Balboa (Columbus East) wrestled in about 40 duals and another 10+ individual matches in a two piece this summer and I only remember one instance where there was even remotely an issue and it was very minimal.  A kid got his shorts wrapped up in a shoe, match didn't even need to be stopped.  No penality points, no tangled body parts, etc.

We have used them a few years in middle school without a single penalty.  I have seen kids grab the shorts ( pretty much only when getting pinned ) but the ref ignored it, which was fine because it wasn't helping them anyway and as long as the kids have them tied there was no issue.  I will say I have seen people grab singlets also - probably at about the same rate as they grab shorts from what I have seen.  Even if there are a slightly few more minor issues, I would prefer them over singlets for the future.  

Edited by doctorWrestling

The once pictured above are of a different variety than we have at Madison.  It is the NFHS approved set with the shorts (not compression as pictured above) and compression shirts.  Our athletes wrestle in shorts and shirts everyday in practice I am not sure how it becomes a issue in a meet.  I am all for the two piece rule.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.