Wrestlers not out/ big weight jumps

ENoblewrestling

Looking at the results I have noticed a couple of good kids not in the line-ups right now.  Anyone know of any big names who didn’t come out this year? Any injuries where a kid will be back later and throw off all of the seeds for conference and sectionals?  What about big weight jumps that are suprises?

My kiddo Baxter Annakin has decided to "retire" from wrestling his senior year. He as had too many concussions and values his brain more than one more year on the mat.  He has loved wrestling ever since he joined Castle Wrestling Club as an 11-yr old.  It was 100% his decision, which I think is important to mention.  His Mom and I were crushed, but very proud at the same time.  Concussions are a scary thing and not to be taken lightly.  He will be at Castle's matches rooting on his teammates, especially his senior class.  I've become a big wrestling fan as a result of Baxter's involvement in this great sport, and an even bigger fan of Baxter after watching him grow into a fine young man.

Good luck to all our wrestlers out there this year.  May they stay injury free.

Doug Annakin

2 hours ago, backtothemat said:

Dev is wrestling 113 and ready to go......

I thought so, but wasn't sure if he'd be 113 or 120. He's definitely going to be right in the mix of things. 

While I know it was a freestyle match, he did TF Gabriel Smith at a Perry Tournament. He also won the Folkstyle State earlier this year at 113 by beating Ricky Hegedus who in return beat both Smith and Boe  

Gabriel has beaten Boe 3x's with 2 by TF and also TF Boarman. Nevertheless, it's going to be exciting. 

On a side note, best of luck to Baxter and he'll be missed out in the mat. It was fun to watch him grow and compete over the years. 

23 hours ago, backtothemat said:

My kiddo Baxter Annakin has decided to "retire" from wrestling his senior year. He as had too many concussions... Concussions are a scary thing and not to be taken lightly.

Sorry to hear this, but yes concussions are extremely serious.

Were his concussions sustained while wrestling or from some other activity? I'm just curious because I have not heard of concussions being an issue in wrestling before.

Edited by SIACfan

30 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

Sorry to hear this, but yes concussions are extremely serious.

Were his concussions sustained while wrestling or from some other activity? I'm just curious because I have not heard of concussions being an issue in wrestling before.

All his concussions were from wrestling practice.  It has not been an uncommon thing in my short experience, especially in high school....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.