Chad Red vs Bryce Meredith

doctorWrestling

I thought for sure someone would have a thread on this by now.  It appeared the escalation was probably not warranted to me.  Maybe there were some heavy hands, but nothing you don't see in a normal college wrestling match.  I thought I saw Red throw a punch after he appeared to start the whole thing.  I wonder if he gets a seat to watch the next dual or maybe its no big deal.  Hopefully it was a one time thing.

Yes they have a video on Flo.  I don't have time to get to it at the moment, but I watched it yesterday.  Red likely was growing increasingly frustrated at his inability to get offense going and Meredith scoring several time on him.  Near the end of the match Red scored a out of bounds takedown off a great double leg.  At some point during the finish of takedown and the stoppage something was either done or said which upset Red enough to at least bump into Meredith.  Something was likely said by one of them which caused Meredith to confront Red.  CJ didn't back down walking towards Meredith. Meredith grabbing Reds throat.  Red threw a punch, though not a big bomb, likely to get Meredith off his throat than to go for the KO.   Coaches rushed in at the same time to break them up.    1 penalty point was awarded to each wrestlers for the others misconduct.  I agree that it really didn't look like it needed to escalate to that level but when neither wanted to back down something was bound to occur.

Edited by MattM

1 hour ago, grappleapple said:

So, I take it Meredith won?

Yes,  10-5  But, keep in mind Meredith is a Senior returning NCAA Runner-Up who lost a close 3-2 decision in the finals.   Reds a Redshirt Freshman in his first college dual match.  You have to think he can close that scoring gap some if they meet again later on.

Here is the video, although its currently behind the Flo pay wall.

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6046831-141lbs-bryce-meredith-wyoming-vs-chad-red-nebraska

Edited by MattM

1 hour ago, MD92 said:

Why do you have to think he will close the gap?

Well I’m not thinking he’s isn’t going to. :)

Most freshman tend to progress from their first matches rather than regress.  As he gets more matches in against top guys he’s bound to get a better feel for their style and his coaches are more than capable of helping him make needed adjustements for a rematch.

One area he could definitely find improvement against Meridith is in neutral.  He only took 1 shot this entire match and much of the time did more fiants/fakes than actual hand fighting. That gave Meridith an opportunity to get in on  a few good shots by, as well as, it didn’t really make Meridith feel threatened on his feet for much of the match.  The 1 shot Red had with less than 1min left was the one he scored on.  Not saying that he will score every time but by being more offensive in the rematch it keeps Meridith off his own offense and it could leads to an earlier takedown that would build his confidence sooner.  After seeing how the match played out I would think his coaches would push him to hand fighting and be in attack mode earlier.  You can tell he was hesitant with his neutral opportunities for most of the match. I’d say that hesitation won’t be there as much as he get more big match time in.  That takedown had to give him some confidence but with less than 1min left there wasn’t much time to use it.  Clearly it threw Meridith off his game a little, since things escalated right after that.   

Not sure he’ll be able to do much more different on top or bottom next time, but while he lost some riding time he wasn’t really turned. So I can’t see him giving up additional points that would widen the gap more.   I didn’t say he would win the match next time or be in the hunt for a national title this year, but I’d think there is more to indicate the possibility of a closer match next time than there is to show it wouldn’t be. 

Edited by MattM

51 minutes ago, TripleB said:

I'm glad NCAA sold their souls to flo so now all content can be locked behind pay walls. Thanks for promoting the sport Flo, I don't know why anybody would use Flo @Y2CJ41

The little people are just going to have to work harder if they want to watch others sweat and bleed for them, B3.

1 hour ago, TripleB said:

I'm glad NCAA sold their souls to flo so now all content can be locked behind pay walls. Thanks for promoting the sport Flo, I don't know why anybody would use Flo @Y2CJ41

I have no issue paying for content I like 200 a year is cheap compared to any cable package. That being said, its BS i pay that money and get ads before everything. web content makes their money of ads, if I give them a direct payment to support thier content it should be an ad free experience.../rant

3 minutes ago, Fabio Jr. said:

I have no issue paying for content I like 200 a year is cheap compared to any cable package. That being said, its BS i pay that money and get ads before everything. web content makes their money of ads, if I give them a direct payment to support thier content it should be an ad free experience.../rant

The adds on trackwrestling during the world championships this year were ridiculous. It was between every match.

2 hours ago, TripleB said:

It was completely uncovered before, and now Flo covers most events.  Not sure what there is to complain about here?  They arent going to send a crew to a tourney with travel expenses, equipment costs, etc for free.  The same reason the preseason rankings magazine isn't handed out for free by Joe. I feel lucky we have Flo.

1 hour ago, Fabio Jr. said:

Boy do I agree with your sentiment... I subscribed for several years, but a few months ago the ad nonsense aggravated me so much I quit subscribing. I'm still in withdraw, but I'm on insistent on waiting it out (no matter how irrational the belief that they may one day remove them for paid subscribers).

57 minutes ago, Dwilly said:

It was completely uncovered before, and now Flo covers most events.  Not sure what there is to complain about here?  They arent going to send a crew to a tourney with travel expenses, equipment costs, etc for free.  The same reason the preseason rankings magazine isn't handed out for free by Joe. I feel lucky we have Flo.

Can I have an Amen? While I also agree Fabio Jr. that the ads in a paid service are annoying, on balance I am glad to have it. From a pure economics standpoint the savings of not having to travel and pay for tickets (plane and venue), hotels, cars, time, etc. while still getting to follow both those I am close to and those I am just curious about makes it well worth the price.

Flo is a no brainer for me.  You get the live events, but more importantly you can watch archived matches ( all rounds usually ) from any tournament in floarena.  I guess I am comparing them to trackwrestling who wants to ding you ( $10 or $20 idk ) for every tournament - that ticks me off.  If you subscribe to Flo, you never get charged for stuff in floarena.  I guess I don't even notice the ads you can usually skip after 10 seconds.  I can't imagine giving Flo up because they throw ads on the stuff they offer to people who aren't subscribed.  

While I am ranting about trackwrestling, it seems like they don't show you the mats you want to see more than half the time because their cameras are broken.  And their archives get messed up so if you wait a couple months, the stuff you paid for no longer exists.  How are they even still in business?

I tell people all the time about how there used to be 2 hours of wrestling on TV for the whole year.  That was an edited version of the NCAA championships and you better know someone who had cable.  I will pay for Flo.

2 hours ago, doctorWrestling said:

Flo is a no brainer for me.  You get the live events, but more importantly you can watch archived matches ( all rounds usually ) from any tournament in floarena.  I guess I am comparing them to trackwrestling who wants to ding you ( $10 or $20 idk ) for every tournament - that ticks me off.  If you subscribe to Flo, you never get charged for stuff in floarena.  I guess I don't even notice the ads you can usually skip after 10 seconds.  I can't imagine giving Flo up because they throw ads on the stuff they offer to people who aren't subscribed.  

While I am ranting about trackwrestling, it seems like they don't show you the mats you want to see more than half the time because their cameras are broken.  And their archives get messed up so if you wait a couple months, the stuff you paid for no longer exists.  How are they even still in business?

It ticks you off that they don't charge you for things that you don't care about and 95% of the money that is raised while streaming an event they send to the tournament?  

Below is a response that is sent out if the stream does not operate to the customer's expectation.  Try getting that from Flo.

Here at Trackwrestling our platform allows individual wrestling tournaments to stream their tournaments, using their volunteers, and their equipment, to further increase the exposure of the sport of wrestling. In doing this, we understand their is a risk that the product is going to vary from event to event, and even from volunteer to volunteer within each event.

We accept that risk as part of growing the sport and continuing to put wrestling in front of as many viewers as we can.  We are continuing to work diligently to make the process as easy as possible for volunteers and tourney workers, however we cannot control the whole process without severely limiting the number of tournaments we cover. On top of all of that, the tournaments themselves rely on the internet service in the venue they operate to stream the matches. In choosing a venue, many times the quality of the internet service is not top of the list for a wrestling tournament. Having said all of this, if you feel you did not get the product you paid for, we will refund your subscription in whole and remove your subscription. We want you to have a great experience when working with Trackwrestling and the tournaments that are broadcast on Trackcast. 

If you would like us to proceed with the refund just let us know.

How are they still in business?  Well they run over 8,000 tournaments a year and are owned by NBC SportsEngine.  They run all of the seasons teams for College and many high school states.  This include the NWCA OPC that 31 of the states around the country utilize.

Have you ever had an issue with big events within Indiana having issues with archives?  My guess is you haven't as we have some of the best TW Experts around the world who take streaming our events very seriously.  The issue for now, is that some of our associations will/would not let those people stream our big events.

1 hour ago, trackgopher said:

Have you ever had an issue with big events within Indiana having issues with archives?  My guess is you haven't as we have some of the best TW Experts around the world who take streaming our events very seriously.  The issue for now, is that some of our associations will/would not let those people stream our big events.

Track's stability is miles ahead of Flo's. I don't think I've ever had an issue with downtime with Track, but Flo is another story...

Only issue I've had with Track is the passwords used to be kept in plaintext (they were shown in a recover email, bad security practice) but it seems they've fixed that

I only know from my experience that there seems to be constant camera issues for the tournaments we purchase on track.  Maybe I just purchase tournaments from people with bad equipment, but it is consistently unreliable.  I have more than one kid and I often go coach one and my wife stays home with the other.  I then get text after text from my wife saying the camera isn't working again.  Then if I go home and want to watch a match for the tournament, it is either missing or the wrong match.  Trust me, we have been refunded multiple times and consistently after sending proof that half the matches are not there.  That's what made me say "How are they still in business".   I wish it worked like it should, but until I see it I can't believe it. 

I will concede these are out of state tournaments so maybe it is great in Indiana.  I assumed the issues were the same with others, that may have been a bad assumption.  It is a great idea.  It just hasn't worked well in my case.

Edited by doctorWrestling

3 hours ago, doctorWrestling said:

I only know from my experience that there seems to be constant camera issues for the tournaments we purchase on track.  Maybe I just purchase tournaments from people with bad equipment, but it is consistently unreliable.  I have more than one kid and I often go coach one and my wife stays home with the other.  I then get text after text from my wife saying the camera isn't working again.  Then if I go home and want to watch a match for the tournament, it is either missing or the wrong match.  Trust me, we have been refunded multiple times and consistently after sending proof that half the matches are not there.  That's what made me say "How are they still in business".   I wish it worked like it should, but until I see it I can't believe it. 

I will concede these are out of state tournaments so maybe it is great in Indiana.  I assumed the issues were the same with others, that may have been a bad assumption.  It is a great idea.  It just hasn't worked well in my case.

I do not want to hijack this thread more than I already have.

I understand your frustration with the cameras.  And believe it that the employees at TW do too.  There is nothing worse than having customers complain about a product that you are producing, but sometimes while trying to grow the sport as much as they can stuff happens.

But please understand that the only event that Flo has interest in covering in Indiana is IHPO.  And you will continue to see that Y2 utilizes TW for this event.  They contact him every year to ensure that he has all the help he needs.  Also the first event that had every match archived (yes, before Flo) was IHPO 2 years ago.  TW was also on site for the tournament last year utilizing their production studio to stream the finals.  This past IHPO, they had two employees onsite to ensure the tournament went off without a hitch as well.

Track will allow any tournament to stream their event if they want.  Now granted the quality of those streams are messed up by inexperienced individuals or bad internet within the venue, but TW is covering youth events every weekend, while Flo only cares about the big events.  It appears to me that all Flo cares about is money, while TW cares about customer service and growing the sport.  I believe that is why the NCAA utilizes TrackWrestling for all of it's big time events.  (NCAA DII, DIII Super Regionals) (NCAA DI, DII, DIII National Championships) As well as the 35 states in the country that utilize TW for their state finals.

Again, I appreciate that you are ranting because of lack of good experiences, but from where I stand Track actually cares and will do whatever they can to keep a customer happy.

On 11/21/2017 at 2:15 PM, trackgopher said:

It ticks you off that they don't charge you for things that you don't care about and 95% of the money that is raised while streaming an event they send to the tournament?  

Below is a response that is sent out if the stream does not operate to the customer's expectation.  Try getting that from Flo.

Here at Trackwrestling our platform allows individual wrestling tournaments to stream their tournaments, using their volunteers, and their equipment, to further increase the exposure of the sport of wrestling. In doing this, we understand their is a risk that the product is going to vary from event to event, and even from volunteer to volunteer within each event.

We accept that risk as part of growing the sport and continuing to put wrestling in front of as many viewers as we can.  We are continuing to work diligently to make the process as easy as possible for volunteers and tourney workers, however we cannot control the whole process without severely limiting the number of tournaments we cover. On top of all of that, the tournaments themselves rely on the internet service in the venue they operate to stream the matches. In choosing a venue, many times the quality of the internet service is not top of the list for a wrestling tournament. Having said all of this, if you feel you did not get the product you paid for, we will refund your subscription in whole and remove your subscription. We want you to have a great experience when working with Trackwrestling and the tournaments that are broadcast on Trackcast. 

If you would like us to proceed with the refund just let us know.

How are they still in business?  Well they run over 8,000 tournaments a year and are owned by NBC SportsEngine.  They run all of the seasons teams for College and many high school states.  This include the NWCA OPC that 31 of the states around the country utilize.

And on the flip side....    

I subscribed to Flo for the Who's No 1 event.  Had all kinds of problems and couldn't get a reliable feed at all.  Note, I've watched other events on Flo on the same computer and internet connection with no problem.  I emailed them asking for a refund.  They're response.  The problem was on your end and you didn't contact us during the event for support.  Since you had access to the event, we are charging you the $29.99 monthly fee (which wasn't available when I purchased) and refunding the rest of your annual payment.  

So I paid $29.95 for a sh*tty unwatchable feed for one night and was basically told to like it.  

I'll take TW any day over that BS.  Add to that I can pick and choose which events I pay for on TW, rather than be forced to pay annually.

Edited by SWINfan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.