Let the good times roll

grappleapple

Official practices start Monday. What are some of the story lines you are most looking forward to this season?

For me, it's - can anyone beat Brayton, Joe or Mason? (the answer is no with Mason...and maybe with Brayton and Joe if we're lucky enough to see them in the same class).

Who will be the team to beat?

How soon before a heated class wrestling debate pops up? I also fully expect some debate on the fight shorts and the weights of ranked wrestlers being initially incorrect.

I'm mildly interested in how the Littel kid does with the new team come tourney time.

Will Silas Allred get on the podium as a sophomore? (He's one cool kid that you can't help but root for)

What teams have a chance to turn some heads for the first time in a long time (like Shenandoah did last year)?

I am also curious as to what Yorktown does with Alara Boyd. Is she going to wrestle high school?

Can't wait for another fun season. Hope all the wrestlers make weight with ease, everyone stays healthy and Indiana continues to get national attention for the sport.

In addition to what you said (partially in continuation), I expect to see many dark horses come from schools, whether it be incoming freshman or kids who are already in high school who may not have done as good as expected busted their behinds this offseason and are ready to cash in their hard work.

On 10/28/2017 at 10:36 AM, Thor said:

His home address is probably still Ohio if his parents live there but he lives at the school

Yes, very similar to our region kids that have a Indiana address, but choose to go to a private school across the boarder in Illinois.  Well minus the staying at a boarding school.   They would be IN kids during the off season USA wrestling events due to their address, but would be IL kids for HS due to their choice of school.  

Edited by MattM

What about the fun board stuff:

Who will be the first to get a week ban?

Who will bring up the class wrestling topic?

Who will say "just work harder"

Who will have the most hashtags?

Should Fabio have to get new Brownsburg tattoos?

Who will have the best seeding meeting story?

And the great topic: Shaved ice - What flavor and how many???

4 hours ago, AJ said:

What about the fun board stuff:

Who will be the first to get a week ban?

Who will bring up the class wrestling topic?

Who will say "just work harder"

Who will have the most hashtags?

Should Fabio have to get new Brownsburg tattoos?

Who will have the best seeding meeting story?

And the great topic: Shaved ice - What flavor and how many???

You forgot one- all da jealousy issues regarding how da region will dominate in February 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.