Nick Lee question

BrennanFan

Brackets are out.  My initial thought is Streck got the present of a bye with Kyle Snyder in the 2nd round.  Welcome to the consolations!   

Lee is the #2 seed and faces Rutgers Mike Van Brill in the opening round.  Lee beat Van Brill earlier 5-2.  His 2nd round would either be IU's Cole Weaver or Sal Profaci.  Lee did not face Weaver, ranked #15 by Intermat,  Nick beat Profaci 9-5 in his Big Ten debut.  Waiting in the semis will likely be either Michael Carr (Illinois) or Tommy Thorn.  

Chad Red ended the season on a 4 match winning streak and got the 4 seed as expected.  He faces Maryland's Ryan Diehl in the opener.  Red pinned him in Jan.  Next up will be Purdue's Nate Limmex who won their season matchup.  This is a good spot for a little revenge and a shot at Joey McKenna in the semis.  Red did not face McKenna.

5 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Sliga with a rough day as he drops both matches and doesn't place. 

Only top 8 in his weight get an automatic bids, and he lost one round prior.   That unfortunately could be his last college match.   

Dang did ya'll see Jordan pin Kemerer? I looked across the arena at Cosgrove after it happened and he just happened to be looking at me at the same time and gave me the, "it's the Big 10's, anything goes" look then gave a wink. Wild night of wrestling. 

• 8 months later...
13 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

Does anyone know what the story is with Joe Lee? He is not listed on Penn States roster.

He’s greyshirting with several other members of his class. Basically gives him a second redshirt year to prepare him and have more time in the lineup. With this, he’d be out this year, redshirt next year, and then take over for Vincenzo Joseph as a rs freshman

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.