Nick Lee question

BrennanFan

11 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

Lee actually got beat in the semis and ended up 3rd

Right, sorry. He gets 2 techs and a major. Yianni gets 2 techs, a pin, and a major over Harvard's #1 who went 22-12 last year. People who watched the tournament say Yianni looks like a title contender and Lee looks like an AA. Consensus seems to be that Lee is very, very skilled, but a bit too irrationally aggressive at times and not quite physically strong enough for the weight yet if we're talking title contenders. Seems like he's progressing quite well if that's the nitpicking people are doing!

Edited by maligned

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Chances we see Micic, Red, and Lee earn All American?

It’s possible.  Micic and Red are hovering around around AA honors according to most rankings.   Lee isn’t ranked yet but will be moving into them after this weekend and assume he will also enter the ranking in the 10-15 range with room to move up. 

1 hour ago, MattM said:

We also have D. Lady and L. Welch of Purdue both just out of the top 10 rankings.  Plus possibly J. Tsirtsis back in the lineup which would be a AA threat. 

Good point and. Any word on Tsirtsis getting the varsity nod? They seem to flip back and forth between him and the other guy. 

1 hour ago, MattM said:

It’s possible.  Micic and Red are hovering around around AA honors according to most rankings.   Lee isn’t ranked yet but will be moving into them after this weekend and assume he will also enter the ranking in the 10-15 range with room to move up. 

Lee has a ranked guy from MSU today. Think he’s like 18-20 range. 

He beat the micighan kid on Friday 9-5 whobused to be ranked. 

And with his pin over Alber, I agree he’ll be in the 10-15 range. 

11 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Good point and. Any word on Tsirtsis getting the varsity nod? They seem to flip back and forth between him and the other guy. 

Here is an article with info on Tsirtsis

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/PortalPost.jsp?TIM=1515783276699&twSessionId=lwkysvlibblpsag&postId=254768132

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

Lee has a ranked guy from MSU today. Think he’s like 18-20 range. 

He beat the micighan kid on Friday 9-5 whobused to be ranked. 

And with his pin over Alber, I agree he’ll be in the 10-15 range. 

Is the match in Flo? 

5 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

Is the match in Flo? 

It was originally aired on the main BTN broadcast.   As such I’m not sure if Flo can backlogs any of those videos, or if it’s only for their stream broadcast. It is not up at the current moment. 

Michigan State dual just started.  Beginning 3rd period of 125 now.  Lee up against Gasca at 141.  Available on Flo or BTN2Go+, both need subscription.  Audio available at 

http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=565453

GoPSUsports 

Anyone know if Drew Hughes is going today?  

Edited by SWINfan

I heard Hughes is out for the year due to injury.  

On a side note this is some of the better (more knowledgeable) Student U. announcers I’ve ever heard.  At least one of them has a great background in wrestling, which should be standard in any of their broadcasts.  One with some background in the sport, even if it’s not an actual Broadcast student, and the other one learning the trade.  

5 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

For those of us not familiar with his situation, mind sharing a bit more?

From what I read he hurt his shoulder in pre-season somehow.  Nothing improve and the doctor said he needed shoulder surgery.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.