Reaching out to Girls

sslaymon

We are starting a girls only group within our club. I was wondering how some of you others have gone about by spreading the word and reaching to attract them to our sport. Football is our biggest target for our area for boys. Was wondering besides yard signs and such to help get the word out. 

I'm posting on social media sites and tagging some of our women's programs in if someone follows them they can potentially see our program. 

What have you guys done to help bring awareness to a girls program? 

• 4 weeks later...

The best way is to start with girls who already are interested in wrestling. I trained one locally for a couple of years by herself. Then two. Now eight. They are going to be your best advertisement locally. Your next likely candidates will be siblings of other wrestlers. Then the schools. But it will be an uphill battle the farther out you get from that core interest group. Most parents and kids don't understand wrestling generally, club wrestling especially, and then add the female element to that mix and its a battle to get your message out. Perseverance and dedication is my best advice.