ISWA meeting/Trip Crown/Election this Sunday

Perseverance

It's been brought to my attention....that aside from Triple Crown awards and scheduling, there is going to be an election for Chairman at this upcoming ISWA meeting.   I haven't seen much discussion here on the board and was wondering what other opinions are? Did anyone else know this was going to happen?

I've heard multiple coaches speak on the necessity for certain changes to be made.  As a parent.....many of the things they've voiced don't directly affect me.  However....from the parental side, I'm confident that I'm not alone in having a desire that somehow the trips for our IN squads become more affordable.  Whether it be income qualifications, scholarships for wrestlers with specific g.p.a's, etc.  

Again.....I'm just a parent, but with as much disgruntled tones as I've heard the past 4 yrs about changes needing to be made......and the fact I've learned that Coach Davison is running for Chairman.....maybe now is the time to embrace an opportunity to possibly bring about some changes.  I'm no expert on all that needs done, changed , kept in place or otherwise.  My son & I have always had great experiences with the ISWA.  Just simply forwarding some info that all should be aware of based on many of the  desires for change by coaches who feel affected by the lack thereof.

57 minutes ago, Perseverance said:

It's been brought to my attention....that aside from Triple Crown awards and scheduling, there is going to be an election for Chairman at this upcoming ISWA meeting.   I haven't seen much discussion here on the board and was wondering what other opinions are? Did anyone else know this was going to happen?

I've heard multiple coaches speak on the necessity for certain changes to be made.  As a parent.....many of the things they've voiced don't directly affect me.  However....from the parental side, I'm confident that I'm not alone in having a desire that somehow the trips for our IN squads become more affordable.  Whether it be income qualifications, scholarships for wrestlers with specific g.p.a's, etc.  

Again.....I'm just a parent, but with as much disgruntled tones as I've heard the past 4 yrs about changes needing to be made......and the fact I've learned that Coach Davison is running for Chairman.....maybe now is the time to embrace an opportunity to possibly bring about some changes.  I'm no expert on all that needs done, changed , kept in place or otherwise.  My son & I have always had great experiences with the ISWA.  Just simply forwarding some info that all should be aware of based on many of the  desires for change by coaches who feel affected by the lack thereof.

I will say this on the subject and I really hope everybody thinks hard about this.

Does the ISWA have its share of issue's that could stand to be tweeked ?  Yes what organization doesn't ?

I would think that anyone who wants to get involved and be part of it should do just that and get involved and see what the issues are and how they can help tweek some of the things.  I think anyone who thinks that simply running for a desired position without job shadowing, taking time to learn about the position and asking other board members about the requirements has not thought enough about what the responsibilities and requirements are going to be. 

I will say this about Coach Davidson, He is a great guy and I like Keith a lot.  I think he has a lot to offer and provide to the ISWA, but I just don't think he understands what will be required of him to do the job of the ISWA president and I believe if he knew the time commitment and the requirements he may not want to do it.  There is room at some level for Keith to be involved and to lend his help to making the ISWA a better organization but I honestly believe that anyone who thinks that simply voting Keith to president will change all the issue and fix all the problems is just flat out wrong. 

My phone number is listed at the bottom of every post I make and I encourage anyone to call me and discuss this with me (just not after 9:30pm as I have to goto bed or I fall asleep at my desk the next day at work).

Please if you have any questions call me and I will openly discuss with you any issue you wish to talk about.

And because this is such an important topic, no #'s to be used

Jason Miller

ISWA Kids Director

219-730-9489

Edited by JMILL
update

25 minutes ago, JMILL said:

I will say this on the subject and I really hope everybody thinks hard about this.

Does the ISWA have its share of issue's that could stand to be tweeked ?  Yes what organization doesn't ?

I would think that anyone who wants to get involved and be part of it should do just that and get involved and see what the issues are and how they can help tweek some of the things.  I think anyone who thinks that simply running for a desired position without job shadowing, taking time to learn about the position and asking other board members about the requirements has not thought enough about what the responsibilities and requirements are going to be. 

I will say this about Coach Davidson, He is a great guy and I like Keith a lot.  I think he has a lot to offer and provide to the ISWA, but I just don't think he understands what will be required of him to do the job of the ISWA president and I believe if he knew the time commitment and the requirements he may not want to do it.  There is room at some level for Keith to be involved and to lend his help to making the ISWA a better organization but I honestly believe that anyone who thinks that simply voting Keith to president will change all the issue and fix all the problems is just flat out wrong. 

My phone number is listed at the bottom of every post I make and I encourage anyone to call me and discuss this with me (just not after 9:30pm as I have to goto bed or I fall asleep at my desk the next day at work).

Please if you have any questions call me and I will openly discuss with you any issue you wish to talk about.

And because this is such an important topic, no #'s to be used

Jason Miller

ISWA Kids Director

219-730-9489

I appreciate the feedback. Again......I don't have the answers.  Just simply making individuals who may not be aware, conscious of what's taking place and its significance. With everything I've heard about changes needing made.....this seems like the opportunity for those that deem it that important to try to establish said changes. However......I would like to pick your brain about cost effiency and potential programs that may be implemented for Team IN trips.  Especially for families who legitimately need it, with wrestlers who are very worthy of the opportunity.  Maybe we can briefly discuss Sun?  Silas & I will be there.

33 minutes ago, JMILL said:

but I just don't think he understands what will be required of him to do the job of the ISWA president and I believe if he knew the time commitment and the requirements he may not want to do it.

I think Coach Davison is a pretty intelligent guy who would have an army of supporters behind him.

I agree this is an important time for the ISWA and this could also be a great opportunity for our organization.  I'm hoping that this election becomes a positive thing for us all.  

I've have personally spoken to Davison and Rossbottom about the election.  I've talked to many coaches on the Davison side and the Rossbottom side of the equation.  

The big concern from the folks on the Rossbottom side of the equation, is keep bringing up the "time commitment''.  I'm struggling to understand that part of the equation.  Do we just assume that Davison won't spend the time needed to commit to the job?  Has that been an issue in the past with Davison?  The time commitment piece of this puzzle doesn't fit.  Even if there is currently a larger time commitment than Davison can commit, s there a chance that the organization could be run more efficiently and there isn't as big of a 'time commitment'?

The idea of a coach leading our organization is attractive.  I believe my first time on the ISWA Board of Directors was in 1996.   I've been pretty outspoken about our association having wrestling on the back burner as we were more concerned about running tournaments.

I think the bigger issue here is that can we stay together as an organization.  

Coach Miller, I'll call you around 4:00.  Let me know if there's a better time.

Edited by Ed Pendoski

Look forward to seeing what the meeting brings. All parties involved are great people and will do right by the kids. I have no doubt, that the kids best interest will remain the focus of our state organization. Win or lose... I see all parties continuing to help make things better and better. I really don't see a split coming.

More importantly!!!..... I'm going to be in Fort Wayne and my youngest is picking up a triple crown award. Can someone give him a hug or a punch for me and tell him that I'm proud of him?

I have reached out to Coach Davison and Louis Rosbottom and sent them some questions to answer to help people get a grasp of who is up for election. Only Coach Davison has responded so far with his answers being posted later tonight. I will be doing a quick Google Hangout with him so he can explain his answers in better detail and answer any questions about them. Mr. Rosbottom declined to do a Hangout.

36 minutes ago, Bigyusm said:

Can anyone vote , or do they have to be listed on our clubs Board ?

president of the club or club board member can vote with voting rights assigned to them by the president of the club prior to meeting.

ARTICLE IV. THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CORPORATION
Section 1. The Governing Body of the Corporation shall be made up of the following:

E) Each Wrestling Club Representative shall have one vote for their club at the Annual
Meeting as well as all called meetings of the Corporation. This vote must be cast in
person by a duly authorized officer of the club. This authorization must be on file with
the ISWA Secretary at any meeting where this vote may be cast. This officer must be
listed on the current club application.

7 hours ago, JMILL said:

president of the club or club board member can vote with voting rights assigned to them by the president of the club prior to meeting.

To me this sounds like any of the board members can make the vote for the club, as long as in attendance. It sounds like if you're not on the board, but representing the club at the meeting, then you need the club's authorization to cast the vote. Can someone clarify? My wife is the treasurer for us, will be attending the meeting and she will be voting on our behalf. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.