Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Y2CJ41

      Board Rules and Regulations

      If you find TheIndianaMat.com Message Boards helpful or interesting, then you know how important it is to keep the boards clean and accurate. Please only post messages that are genuine questions or attempts to share knowledge.   In order to ensure that the boards are as helpful and enjoyable as possible to as many people as possible, we have established the following rules for the boards. No message may   1. Contain, promote, or link to sexually explicit or violent material. 2. Promote, depict, or link to material that promotes or depicts discrimination based on race, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or age; 3. Contain unlawful material, including but not limited to materials that may violate another's intellectual property rights, or links to a site that contains such material; 4. Contain information regarding or promoting illegal activity, or linking to a site that provides such information; Contains spam, pyramid schemes, or other unrelated advertising material; or 5. Is considered by us to be obscene, excessively violent, threatening, harassing or otherwise objectionable; or Is deemed by us to be unsuitable for any other reason. 6. If we decide that a post is unacceptable, we will remove the post. Depending on the severity of the post or the past history of the user who made the post, we may rescind that user's membership. 7. Advertising for goods and services will only be allowed by our paid sponsors. 8. Topics and discussions need to be in their proper forum. Repeated failure to follow this could result in permanent restriction on posting on this forum. Since we can't have a rule to cover everything, this is the rule to, well, cover everything. This is a public board, so act like you would if you were in a public place.These issues are left to the discretion of individual moderators, but may include any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, discussion of alleged felonies and misdemeanors, misleading, spammy, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, sexist, obscene, racist, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense. Asking for or offering any of the material listed above is also out not permitted. Thank you for helping to maintain the quality of our boards.   -- The IndianaMat.com Team
Sign in to follow this  
nkraus

Update on Indiana Boys in College

Recommended Posts

So, maybe I've missed some of these, or I'm just not in the loop.  We have had some wrestlers graduate recently and wrestle in college.  How have they done?  Where are they wrestling?  Are they still wrestling?  It's a little easier to keep tabs on some of the kids who remain in state, or were from my area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tre Lynch (New Albany) is a Sophomore (rs) wrestling at Campbellsville, won the #1 spot at 157 last year then had an achilles injury in the first tournament and redshirted.  Back this year and is expected to be at 165.

Jacob Franklin (New Washington) is also on the squad and is projected at 197.

Edited by randalllynch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Owen Doster (New Haven High School) will be a Sophomore at Wabash. 

Freshman Year (2016-17)\

- Record 30-7

- Competed at 133 pounds

- 2nd place at Concordia Open
- 2nd place at Indiana Little State Invite
- 3rd place at North Central Invite
- Spartan Mat Classic Champion
- Baldwin Wallace Invite Champion
- Finished 3rd place at the NCAA Midwest Regional which qualified him for the NCAA Championships
- 7th Place All-American Finish at 2017 NCAA National Championships
- Went into the tournament unseeded and dropped his 1st bout, but rattled off three straight victories to capture All-American status. Scored 7.5 team points to help the team finish in 3rd place and bring home its 3rd straight NCAA Team Trophy
- Scholar All-American (2nd Freshmen in Wabash Wrestling History)

Wabash won the MidWest Regional & had 7 out of 10 National Qualifiers.  Owen is kneeling bottom right.  The man with the fresh stash is Connor Brummett from Dekalb he was a Senior...

7 National Qualifiers.jpg

Edited by Bulldog89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben Harvey and Cael McCormick at Army West Point (West Point, NY)

From Army West Point's athletic website:  (www.goarmysports.com)

2016-17 Stats

Ben Harvey -- Freshman • 174 • New Palestine, Ind. / Indianapolis Cathedral (USMAPS)          Dual: 5-7 Md: 6 TF: 1 Falls: 1

          - 2016-17 Record:      21-13

          - Southeast Open   (1st Place)

          - Roadrunner Open (3rd Place)

          - All-Academy Championships (2nd Place)

          - EIWA Conference Championships (7th Place)

          - Ben was extremely resilient and tough as a freshman wrestling every varsity event for the Black Knights this past season

          - He is projected to be back at 174 for the 2017-18 season

 

Cael McCormick -- Freshman • 157/165 • Yorktown, Ind. / Yorktown          Dual: 1-1 Md: 1 TF: 2 Falls: 6

           - 2016-17 Record:      26-10

          - Southeast Open (6th Place)

          - Bearcat Open (4th Place)

          - New York State Championships (1st Place)

          - Lock Haven Classic (3rd Place)

          - National Collegiate Open (6th Place)

          - Cael is projected to be at 165 for the 2017-18 season

Edited by Coach McCormick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2017 at 7:38 PM, Coach McCormick said:

Ben Harvey and Cael McCormick at Army West Point (West Point, NY)

From Army West Point's athletic website:  (www.goarmysports.com)

2016-17 Stats

Ben Harvey -- Freshman • 174 • New Palestine, Ind. / Indianapolis Cathedral (USMAPS)          Dual: 5-7 Md: 6 TF: 1 Falls: 1

          - 2016-17 Record:      21-13

          - Southeast Open   (1st Place)

          - Roadrunner Open (3rd Place)

          - All-Academy Championships (2nd Place)

          - EIWA Conference Championships (7th Place)

          - Ben was extremely resilient and tough as a freshman wrestling every varsity event for the Black Knights this past season

          - He is projected to be back at 174 for the 2017-18 season

 

Cael McCormick -- Freshman • 157/165 • Yorktown, Ind. / Yorktown          Dual: 1-1 Md: 1 TF: 2 Falls: 6

           - 2016-17 Record:      26-10

          - Southeast Open (6th Place)

          - Bearcat Open (4th Place)

          - New York State Championships (1st Place)

          - Lock Haven Classic (3rd Place)

          - National Collegiate Open (6th Place)

          - Cael is projected to be at 165 for the 2017-18 season

Gunnar Larson ( Avon ) is a Freshman at Army and is already working with Assistant Coach Braden Atwood ( Purdue / Dephi )And being very well looked after by Cael 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other Yorktown wrestling alumni competing in college:

Schuyler Phillips (senior) - Findlay University

Jacob Stephenson (junior) - Wabash College

Myron Howard (junior) - Wabash College

Brad Laughlin (redshirt) - USMAPS (Army WP prep school)

Jacob Rhoades (freshman) - Briar Cliff University (Iowa)

Josh Stephenson (freshman) - Manchester University

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chase Wilson  Chase Wilson at Manchester University

http://www.muspartans.com/sports/wrest/2016-17/bios/wilson_chase_2lwi?view=bio

Three-year team member ... Two-year starter at 141 ... Earned accolades from D3Wrestle.com in 2016-17 preseason as was named a contender at his weight class on first rankings.

2016-17 Match-by-Match Results

Won by maj dec. over Bryce Everson, Wabash, 10-1
Lost to Randle Taborn, Millikin, tech fall, 3:03
Def. Rafael Lopez, Truman, 5-3
Def. Robert Chicvara, CCSJ, by fall, 1:26
Def. Elliott Molloy, UIndy, 10-8
Def. Isaac Eicher, Indiana Tech, by fall, 4:32
Lost to Gaige Torres, Indiana Tech, 10-6
Def. Da’Vion Williams, Indiana Tech, 2-1
Won by fall over Aidan Pierobon, Ohio Northern, 2:55
Def. Levi Azinger, Coe, 8-6
Def. Tanner Terry, Wartburg, by fall, 2:22
Def. Layten Binion, No. Central, by fall, 3:47
Def. Jimmy Cushman, MSOE, by fall, 1:50
Def. Andrew Smith, St. John’s, by fall
Def. Grant Morrison, Chicago, by fall, :26
Def. Cole Tawney, Bellarmine, by fall, 1:37
Def. Tony Vazquez, Indiana Tech, 15-4
Def. Brice Everson, Wabash, 12-3
Def. Devin Broukal, Wabash, 12-1
Won by forfeit vs. Otterbein
Def. Damien Walton, Thomas More, by fall, 2:50
Won by forfeit vs. CCSJ
Def. Hayden Bates, Heidelberg, 6-4
Lost to Josh Decatur, Baldwin-Wallace, by fall, 6:52
Def. Freddy Terranova, Augustana (Ill.), by fall, 3:35
Def. Andrew Hoover, Case Western, tech. fall, 2:52
Def. Devin Tortorice, UW-Whitewater, 3-1
Def. Curtis Blackwell, Olivet, 17-10
Def. Sal Carrao, John Carroll, by fall, 2:53
Def. Grant Morris, Chicago, 12-3
Def. Matt Miller, Indiana Tech, 11-0
Def. Michael Weaver, Trine, by fall, 3:29
Lost to Devin Tortorice, UW-Whitewater, 3-1
Def. Aidan Pierobon, Ohio Northern, tech. fall, 5:56
Lost to Grant Morrison, Chicago, 7-4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, Bulldog89 said:

Owen Doster (New Haven High School) will be a Sophomore at Wabash. 

Freshman Year (2016-17)\

- Record 30-7

- Competed at 133 pounds

- 2nd place at Concordia Open
- 2nd place at Indiana Little State Invite
- 3rd place at North Central Invite
- Spartan Mat Classic Champion
- Baldwin Wallace Invite Champion
- Finished 3rd place at the NCAA Midwest Regional which qualified him for the NCAA Championships
- 7th Place All-American Finish at 2017 NCAA National Championships
- Went into the tournament unseeded and dropped his 1st bout, but rattled off three straight victories to capture All-American status. Scored 7.5 team points to help the team finish in 3rd place and bring home its 3rd straight NCAA Team Trophy
- Scholar All-American (2nd Freshmen in Wabash Wrestling History)

Wabash won the MidWest Regional & had 7 out of 10 National Qualifiers.  Owen is kneeling bottom right.  The man with the fresh stash is Connor Brummett from Dekalb he was a Senior...

7 National Qualifiers.jpg

Kyle Hatch from Warsaw, Kory Cavanaugh from Penn, Heath Ault from Northrop are incoming freshman at Wabash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:39 PM, Fabio Jr. said:

Kyle hatch is garbage and no one likes him

At least now he can get some quality coaching.....I hear his dad is a real piece of work and a tool! Maybe he will find some friends being more close to #thecountry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:18 AM, warsawwrestling said:

At least now he can get some quality coaching.....I hear his dad is a real piece of work and a tool! Maybe he will find some friends being more close to #thecountry

it was all fun and games with the barbs until you made it personal with the disrespect of not properly capitalizing and spelling  #TheCounty

side note weisjahn's coaching does stink.........he should quit at end of this year !!!

Edited by JMILL
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:15 PM, JMILL said:

it was all fun and games with the barbs until you made it personal with the disrespect of not properly capitalizing and spelling  #TheCounty

side note weisjahn's coaching does stink.........he should quit at end of this year !!!

Hell, I went out of County, straight to the country! The last time I was that way all I saw was barns and sheep (maybe that was all I was looking for, can't remember)! I just assumed that you all wrestled because there are no movie theaters, bowling alleys, lazer tag and cow tipping became boring (no cows or sheep were hurt in the making of this message)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flo's been rolling out their rankings this week and up to 141 we got four Indiana boys ranked. Brock Hudkins at 125, Stevan Micic and Luke Welch at 133, and Chad Red at 141 with Nick Lee being mentioned as being in the rankings at some point, but they don't rank true freshman preseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×