Fargo Juniors

MattM

4 in Champ 2 in Consols

Konrath makes Semis

B.Lee about to be up against a very tough K. Gfeller from OK.  Easily a Finals quality match.

J. Lee and L. Davison up in a bit. 

Edited by MattM

Gfeller scores a lot early, shut B.Lee's offense down in the middle, then runs the last part of the match to get the win.   Lee will join Moran and Cressell in the consols.  

I apparently missed J. Lee's quarter final match.  He wins and move on to the Semis to face D. Carr from OH.  Carr a previous Cadet World Medalist that come from a long wrestling legacy. 

20 minutes ago, MattM said:

I apparently missed J. Lee's quarter final match.  He wins and move on to the Semis to face D. Carr from OH.  Carr a previous Cadet World Medalist that come from a long wrestling legacy. 

Anyone who blinked missed it. It was 58 seconds (and the last several were because the ref didn't realize the score) and an 11-0 clinic.

Isn't Carr from Kentucky? The same school where Nathan Boston wrestled?

good showing by Indiana so far. Does anyone know the backgrounds of the semi final opponents or college choices? I like trackwrestling because of the simplicity of researching a wrestler. Floarena is like using a sega genesis when there is an xbox out! 

What are b lee's change of placing since his lost?

davison seems to be a surprise as he wasn't mentioned in the flo preview. 

Nice to see konrath in action. 

Carr's uncle was in Kentucky, David may have wrestled there for a time. His dad took the head coaching job in NE Ohio a few years ago so he went with him.

Davison has Max Lyon, who will be coming to Indiana this fall to wrestle for Purdue.

Konrath has Jared Van Vleet of Illinois who was a state runner-up this year. 

On the consolation side
Cressell has Lenardo Tarantino who wrestles for Blair and placed at the Beast of the East

Brayton Lee has Kendall Coleman of Illinois who was a state runner-up this year. 

Jacob Moran has Daniel Rehfeldt of Michigan who doesn't look like he wrestled in their state series.

4 hours ago, MattM said:

Gfeller scores a lot early, shut B.Lee's offense down in the middle, then runs the last part of the match to get the win.   Lee will join Moran and Cressell in the consols.  

I don't know if runs is the right word.  He stood in the center of the mat the majority of the 2nd period until Lee started pushing him around.  I think Lee only had one really good shot.  Don't know if the bumping of heads had any impact or not.  Let's hope he comes back and takes 3rd.

Edited by MD92

J. Lee put into the consols by Carr 6-8.  A back and forth semi, but Lee couldn't find a way to score in the end.  

Davison also falls to consols in a  match against Lyon of IA. 

Edited by MattM

2 minutes ago, MattM said:

Moran holds off a late TD attempt to win and advance to the 3rd place match tomorrow.  

He'll face Rundell(Illinois) who he beat in championship round in a close one 5-3

Just now, MattM said:

B. Lee vs S. Sasso to figure out who goes for 3rd.   Scary that one of these guys won't be top 3.   Crazy rough bracket at 145.  

Wonder how much of this will go into who competes at Who's #1. These 2 respectfully ranked 1 & 2

J. Lee in a very back and forth match again this time with Merola of NJ.  Joe had the lead and they video reviewed the final takedowns.  Joe survives and moves on to 3rd. 

He will be facing Carson Kharchlava who reached the 3rd place match after losing his first match at Fargo 11-12 then battling all the way through the consols of a 101 person bracket.  Carson is the son of  Mirons who used to be an assistant at IU.   He now runs one of the most successful youth academy's in the country out of OH.   Joe likely know Carsons style a little since the Lee's have traveled several times to OH over the years to train with Miron.  Miron's a second cousin of mine through marriage so it's going to be hard to root against semi-relative, but go Team Indiana.  

Edited by MattM

26 minutes ago, MattM said:

J. Lee in a very back and forth match again this time with Merola of NJ.  Joe had the lead and they video reviewed the final takedowns.  Joe survives and moves on to 3rd. 

He he will be facing Carson Kharchlava.  Carson is the son of  Mirons who used to be an assistant at IU.   He now runs one of the most successful youth academy's in the country out of OH.   Joe likely know Carsons style a little since the Lee's have traveled several times to OH over the years to train with Miron.  Miron's a second cousin of mine through marriage so it's going to be hard to root against semi-relative, but go Team Indiana.  

Joe and Merola have faced off several times.  As far as I can find, tonight was at least the 4th match between them, with Joe taking 3 of 4.  The one loss was 16-15 at Cadet National Duals in 2015.  Another Joe win was by fall, so it appears these guys like to go at it.  Good win for Joe after a tough loss to Carr.  On the flip side, I think Joe has lost to Carr 3 out of 4 times. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.