Top 5 #thecounties in the state

Set up some baselines here are we saying all time? Present day? Decades?

I was trying to think of the "modern era"... so I went 1980's on.  Obviously if we go all time it is Monroe County.  If we do 90's or 2000's on it would change as well.  The original post was meant to be 1980 on, but it would be interesting to see what people think it is today as well.

We would have to also specify if we're talking strictly high school or career, and if we are talking total depth or just champions.  :)

Lake County would have to be #2 or 3 max, right?

With names like:

The Tsirtsis brothers

Hernandez

Howe

The Escobedo Family

Micic

The Maldonado Family

Hughes

Ayersman

Petrov

G. Robinson

Streck

Larimore

McGill

Ramos

Schontube

Hawkins

And many many more that I am not naming...

It would be hard to put Lake County no lower than 2 or 3.  (If not #1 - but I am biased)

We would have to also specify if we're talking strictly high school or career, and if we are talking total depth or just champions.  :)

Lake County would have to be #2 or 3 max, right?

With names like:

The Tsirtsis brothers

Hernandez

Howe

The Escobedo Family

Micic

The Maldonado Family

Hughes

Ayersman

Petrov

G. Robinson

Streck

Larimore

McGill

Ramos

Schontube

Hawkins

And many many more that I am not naming...

It would be hard to put Lake County no lower than 2 or 3.  (If not #1 - but I am biased)

You could add Cummings, Black, Reitz, Schontube, Howard, Porras, Galka, W.English, Kliemola, Coviacu, Roach, Cleveland, sessa, Kral, Stevenson, Shrewsbury, COSGROVE, Jamal Lawrence, Salas, Fenando martinez, Thurman Stone........and many more...

Adams county deserves to be on there if for no other reason than they are much smaller than the other powerhouse counties. Delaware is also on the smaller side compared to others listed.

Our best wrestlers only go to school to the 8th grade or we would probably be #1.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.